Does motor car insurance include windscreen cover?

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Windscreen replacement for a top spec Camry is 8,000 baht using a Toyota screen

• Options on your glass, such as rain sensors, adaptive cruise control, etc

1 hour ago, malcoml said:

Year serving at restaurants is also but I have seen a few expats doing that job.

I would go through the proper process

Yes, i think you would have to form a company with a work permit for you in a teaching/supervisory capacity only.

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

dont know, it is the wifes shopping trolley so what ever they have.

Lolz - just posting the result of a quick search (thinking car 'spec wouldn't really have much effect on the price).

Lolz - just posting the result of a quick search (thinking car 'spec wouldn't really have much effect on the price).

I think you are incorrect. Big glass more than small glass. Tint verses no tint, complexity, fewer suppliers of high-spec etc.

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I think you are incorrect. Big glass more than small glass. Tint verses no tint, complexity, fewer suppliers of high-spec etc.

Strangely, the whole point of my post is that I was incorrect to flag up the mention of 'hi-spec camry'.

It's definitely not the tint - that's a small optional extra but extras like, windscreen Rain Sensors and some kinds of Adaptive Cruise controls depend on sensors built into the windows themselves.

We're entering a world where nothing is what it seems. High vs Low spec camry will obviously have the same size glass don't you think? And using Toyota windscreens kind of negates the idea of 'fewer suppliers of hi-spec' because it will come from the Toyota factory. 

Strangely, the whole point of my post is that I was incorrect to flag up the mention of 'hi-spec camry'.

It's definitely not the tint - that's a small optional extra but extras like, windscreen Rain Sensors and some kinds of Adaptive Cruise controls depend on sensors built into the windows themselves.

We're entering a world where nothing is what it seems. High vs Low spec camry will obviously have the same size glass don't you think? And using Toyota windscreens kind of negates the idea of 'fewer suppliers of hi-spec' because it will come from the Toyota factory. 

I did qualify my response with etc.

Toyota likely does not have a glass factory, they buy glass like everyone else.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:38 AM, simoh1490 said:

I agree that first class insurance will pay for the wind shield replacement but it is still recorded as an event. So, if you change insurance companies the following year your new insurance company will not honour your no claims bonus, only the original company will. Been there and done that two years ago when switching from Viriyah to AXA, had a I stayed with Viriyah I would have kept my no claims bonus however the price difference between the two companies was such that it made no difference to switching, 17k per year vs 12k per year, respectively.

Re cost: replacement is around 3,800 vs 800 for a patch job which can work out quite well in many cases.

That's interesting, will bear that in mind. Only in Thailand does a no claim can mean a claim.

Paid to patch it up but the crack is getting bigger and bigger slowly creeping in more and more from the side! So that's why I'm asking about insurance now. If it's just 4k to change it I would rather not affect the no claims. We are with TQM - don't know if they are good or not. The gf deals with it.

On 5/15/2017 at 1:48 AM, reenatinnakor said:

That's interesting, will bear that in mind. Only in Thailand does a no claim can mean a claim.

Paid to patch it up but the crack is getting bigger and bigger slowly creeping in more and more from the side! So that's why I'm asking about insurance now. If it's just 4k to change it I would rather not affect the no claims. We are with TQM - don't know if they are good or not. The gf deals with it.

They are great.

They pay the biggest commissions to Thais who introduce customers.