Facebook "baht for UK pounds" con - if anyone falls for this one there really is no hope!

rooster59

I think it is good that the man contacted the police. It has now been brought out into the open and we are blogging and informing. 

People do fall for these scams, including farang in Thailand. The more this stuff is publicised the better.

Carry on the good work I say.

11 hours ago, Loaded said:

My wife was recently contacted by a different scammer. His profile was a handsome white guy from the UK. When I reversed the guys first and second name and searched on Facebook, up popped a teacher from Cameroon teaching at a Thai school.

I feel fortunate to live in a country that allows me to say avoid people from West African countries. Admittedly, I can't say much else.

I will BS on this one. Totally made up. 

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

I am sure they are happy to avoid people like you too 

I hope so but the lying cheating turds still keep sending me fantastic opportunities by email. Are you one of them?

Things must be looking up. Forget the negative press about all the millions of Thais who can't handle English - more and more of them are no doubt scrubbing up fragments they still remember from school so they can better get to grips with FaceBook.

Now all that's left is to sit back and see how many of them actually nibble at this classic 'Nigerian' scam - it's a whole new thing for them after all!

The smartest of the stupids con the dumbest of the studips - hasnt it always been like this in all levels of the society, the only difference is that the tricks get less sofisticated and more transparent the lower the divisions are and vica versa...;) 

On 13/05/2017 at 6:34 AM, Nong Khai Man said:

The U.K Is FULL Of Nigerians......Be Very Careful....

Thanks for that I will keep my eyes open, but have not seen one over the last 8 months.

You know I am starting to find these attempted scams a bit funny, had two good ones today one from the telephone company for £387 but I do not use that company, Very professional layout my god. then one from my bank I did not know I had in the states.

Probably those Nigerians knocking around the UK.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:54 AM, wakeupplease said:

Thanks for that I will keep my eyes open, but have not seen one over the last 8 months.

You know I am starting to find these attempted scams a bit funny, had two good ones today one from the telephone company for £387 but I do not use that company, Very professional layout my god. then one from my bank I did not know I had in the states.

Probably those Nigerians knocking around the UK.

Youv'e NOT Seen one in 8 Months......You must be Very SHORT Sighted then.....NO Somalis Either ??