HDPrime....the new Ilikehd

KhonKaenKowboy

Anybody have a clue what functional working channel Wimbledon is on tonight on HDPrime?????????

What a waste of time and money.  If the channels aren't functional why don't they remove them from the list until they are working!  

Edited by ricklev

Anybody have a clue what functional working channel Wimbledon is on tonight on HDPrime?????????

What a waste of time and money.  If the channels aren't functional why don't they remove them from the list until they are working!  

BBC 1 and BBC 2 not working? Also Fox sports channels will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

47 minutes ago, davpatt1 said:

BBC 1 and BBC 2 not working? Also Fox sports channels will have it.

BBC is just barely working.  Continuously cutting out and my internet is fine at this end. Fox isn't working.  Oh well, you pays your money and you take your chances.  I know I was risking 300 baht when I went to 7-Eleven to buy the absurd True Money card.  HDPrime must just be a couple of guys sitting in a room somewhere, kind of doing the best they can I suppose, but certainly not something that can be relied on.

BBC is just barely working.  Continuously cutting out and my internet is fine at this end. Fox isn't working.  Oh well, you pays your money and you take your chances.  I know I was risking 300 baht when I went to 7-Eleven to buy the absurd True Money card.  HDPrime must just be a couple of guys sitting in a room somewhere, kind of doing the best they can I suppose, but certainly not something that can be relied on.

Yeah BBC for me has been a bit jumpy but was better when changed to Europe server. Good luck.

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

ESBN USA on prime?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

ESPN?  several of them....pretty sure one is ESPN US....very unreliable.  I will likely boycott Prime....and still looking for better options.  Quite a few unis have there own networks...I watched more than half of my schools games...not nation dependent.  I use my parents Comcast account, but it is a minefield of things like certain channels are home only, and others require a VPN.

21 hours ago, ricklev said:

I watched the semi final on Fox Sports last night. Apart from the odd sticky moment, it was ok.

They are not non-functioning channels. The whole idea of extra channels is backup. For example, there are 3  Fox News channels. Sometimes the UK one goes off and I can switch to one of the others.

Edited by tropo

Today (Saturday 15/07) on Nitro TV none of the English sport channels are working, BT and Sky. I purchased a subscription from Nitro, on a monthly basis fortunately, so I could look at Sky and BT.  It seems that Nitro has just crashed while I am typing this, maybe my Android box is kaput.

Edited by Coota

32 minutes ago, tropo said:

"TEST - Fox Sports 1" channel using Europe 3 (Test) server is working well for watching the Wimbledon Ladies Final.

Sorry, that was the ladies semi-final -  watched the entire match without buffering.

• Like 1

How did everyone go? I managed to watch 2 Wimbledon finals yesterday without any buffering. I was using Europe server A.

I think I already got my 380 baht's worth, loaded a few days ago.... now the rest of the month is free.:smile:

Edited by tropo

I had some buffering problems during Wimbledon, but tried different servers on Prime and also used the free service from FirstOnetv.eu. None are perfect and it's annoying to have to sometimes search for the best service, but I got by. I'm happy to pay the quite modest fee to True for the totally reliable PL football and mostly use the internet tv providers for news.

I'm guessing that when you start an IPTV service the big expense is bandwidth to avoid buffering.  So if you want to limit your initial investment you try to find a happy medium between losing customers,  limiting investment and providing a good enough service until you build enough of a steady base of customers to buy bandwidth (and the necessary equipment) for proper streaming.  

Of course this is just a guess.  Maybe there are other stronger factors.  

Edited by ricklev

On 7/21/2017 at 0:10 PM, ricklev said:

I'm guessing that when you start an IPTV service the big expense is bandwidth to avoid buffering.  So if you want to limit your initial investment you try to find a happy medium between losing customers,  limiting investment and providing a good enough service until you build enough of a steady base of customers to buy bandwidth (and the necessary equipment) for proper streaming.  

Of course this is just a guess.  Maybe there are other stronger factors.  

there are lots of factors, most issues are at the customer end,

The fact Thai isps will quickly restrict and traffic shape traffic to any international server that has 100s or 1000s of users,

This should not cause too many issues for live tv, as most big suppliers will have 8-12 servers dotted around usa/singapore/france etc,  so if one server gets slowed down due to the isp, you will be sent to another one, then once a month the supplier can change the ip range. This should be fine with live tv.

where the problems are , are with catchup , the files are normally only stored on one server, so everyone has to go to that one, this soon gets restricted by isps, changing the ip address is more complex as lots of others servers are always writing and saving to that catchup server.

Bandwidth is not that expensive for subscription based IPTV services, look at it this way, with a free service, you may have 20k people trying to access the server for free, this will never work in the long run as you have too many people taking out and no one paying in.

Now with a paid service, you might have 20k people paying 10 GDP per month, if only 2 gdp per customer goes to server costs then you have plenty.

• Like 2

Good explanation[mention=273761]skippy121[/mention] .

So someone decided to rebroadcast, say CNN, so they setup a server with say 256 ports. People with free service boxes connect to this server for CNN but all the ports are full, so you can't connect to the server, or the sever is programmed to kick you off after 3 mins, let someone else connect, then you can connect to another port, hence buffering. Is this how it works?

How does your local ISP effect your connection once it is established?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, skippy121 said:

there are lots of factors, most issues are at the customer end,

The fact Thai isps will quickly restrict and traffic shape traffic to any international server that has 100s or 1000s of users,

This should not cause too many issues for live tv, as most big suppliers will have 8-12 servers dotted around usa/singapore/france etc,  so if one server gets slowed down due to the isp, you will be sent to another one, then once a month the supplier can change the ip range. This should be fine with live tv.

where the problems are , are with catchup , the files are normally only stored on one server, so everyone has to go to that one, this soon gets restricted by isps, changing the ip address is more complex as lots of others servers are always writing and saving to that catchup server.

Bandwidth is not that expensive for subscription based IPTV services, look at it this way, with a free service, you may have 20k people trying to access the server for free, this will never work in the long run as you have too many people taking out and no one paying in.

Now with a paid service, you might have 20k people paying 10 GDP per month, if only 2 gdp per customer goes to server costs then you have plenty.

Interesting.  Thanks!