Repair car scratches, any idea?

Hey guys,

got a very tiny scratch in the front bumper, took it to the garage they asked for 5k, to do the full bumper painting and keep the car for a week!

I guess there some filling chemical product looks like silicon for filling, then spray and keep it to dray for about 24 years,

Anyone done this before? can tell me where can get this stuff please? and if any brand to recommend,

thank you

Could you be more specific you say very tiny scratch, so compound or T- cut will suffice.

Our bumper was more than scratch it was removed by a body-shop and resprayed then refitted in 4 days no loss of car use.

The guy responsible for the damage paid 1800 bht.

Try somewhere else ask around. 

Edited by Kwasaki

Sounds a tad pricy. I had my Sportivo bonnet re-sprayed  They had to take off remove the air scoop, repair several small dents spray both refit. 2.000bt took 2 full days. Top quality job looked like new. As other have suggested try a different place.

There is a straight line scratch in the front bumper,

by anyway, I am trying to do myself,

I watched many vdos on youtube, mostly westerners folks show how to fix it at hone,

so if anyone have some idea ,, or previous experience,, and where can get the products,

No advises about repair in garages here, I can find out, but just want to use my hands around it,

Thanks,

On 6/3/2017 at 4:44 PM, transam said:

5,000bht is a rip off in LOS....:sad:

If the scratch ain't gone through the clear coat then you can use a rubbing compound to take it out...Even if it has you can near make it disappear...

Thanks transam, is there any good brand available here in Bangkok? any recommended shop that I can get?

thank you, appreciated !

13 minutes ago, waxpro said:

Thanks transam, is there any good brand available here in Bangkok? any recommended shop that I can get?

thank you, appreciated !

In Big'C' there's polish called  " Carpro " in a dark red tin it's seems to have a bit of rub compound quality but takes lot re-applying and elbow grease. :biggrin:

My kids brought me some  ' T ' Cut from England on one of the times they come to see me.

Maybe somewhere because in Bkk it's available.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

In Big'C' there's polish called  " Carpro " in a dark red tin it's seems to have a bit of rub compound quality but takes lot re-applying and elbow grease. :biggrin:

My kids brought me some  ' T ' Cut from England on one of the times they come to see me.

Maybe somewhere because in Bkk it's available.

Thank you, will check it out, hope if any available at tesco or central, these are nearest to me Big C quite distance far away.

36 minutes ago, waxpro said:

thank you, appreciated !

Think my first port of call would be one of those spares shops that has shelves of car bling, place near me does all that stuff...

A tip, look carefully into the scratch, if it is white it is probably just in the clear coat (unless it is very deep and in the undercoat), if the bottom of the scratch is the car colour then you may be stuffed as it has gone through the clear coat and you will be in trouble trying to polish it out removing that clear coat.

It would cost peanuts to go to a local spray shop to let them have a go at it..