Trump says U.S. to withdraw from Paris climate accord

webfact

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many posters write as though America's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement will stop efforts to combat climate change everywhere.  I think that the greening of America will continue apace as green solutions are made more affordable.  So far as America losing its role as a powerful and respected power, I think that the crux of the matter is that America won't be donating billions of taxpayer money to various countries to get them to reduce their emissions.  Perhaps Michael Bloomberg and others will step up.  It makes sense for those who can best afford it to fund green solutions, not the American government.  America now needs to take care of itself as there are many pressing problems that will require a lot of funding.  Repairing America's infrastructure will require a huge amount of money and America will be crippled as its infrastructure collapses.

11 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Trump represents the greedy money craving people  and Foxnews smooths his way. 

I'm learning here, so who did Obama represent? not the same people that are now paying him $650,000.00 per speech? that would be too much of a coincidence, though CNN smoothed his way. :shock1:

I'm learning here, so who did Obama represent? not the same people that are now paying him $650,000.00 per speech? that would be too much of a coincidence, though CNN smoothed his way. :shock1:

If you are suggesting that Obama is as sleazy as con man trump that started his career with the racist birther movement you're barking up the wrong tree.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Macron speaks directly to AMERICANS in the wake of the cynical, evil, and downright perverted decision of trump to leave the Paris accord. This isn't only about climate. It's about American leadership in the world. trump is flushing that down the TOILET. Patriotic Americans that continue to support the insane clown president ... when will they wake up to the damage that he has ALREADY done to the American brand in the world?

This speech is rather unprecedented. It's like the anti-trump RESISTANCE is now INTERNATIONAL. As well as it should be. Americans supporting the anti-trump RESISTANCE most certainly welcome international support, especially from actually DECENT leaders from democratic nations like FRANCE. 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMKgoodLyqKL

France???? Now that's funny, I don't care what anyone says.

53 minutes ago, habanero said:

France???? Now that's funny, I don't care what anyone says.

France is on the up by electing an articulate, young, centrist leader with an international vision.

The USA is on the down by electing a word salad spouting, mentally bizarre old clown by attracting a base of racists, bible thumpers, science deniers, and xenophobes. 

What's funny? 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

France is on the up by electing an articulate, young, centrist leader with an international vision.

The USA is on the down by electing a word salad spouting, mentally bizarre old clown by attracting a base of racists, bible thumpers, science deniers, and xenophobes. 

What's funny? 

sorry as a Brit you are way off the mark. look up Macron and union strikes. just wait for the unions to get their teeth into him. don't fly Air France, don't use the ferries or the train. he's in the honeymoon period the unions are gonna hurt his behind from past performances - it's payback time.

33 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

sorry as a Brit you are way off the mark. look up Macron and union strikes. just wait for the unions to get their teeth into him. don't fly Air France, don't use the ferries or the train. he's in the honeymoon period the unions are gonna hurt his behind from past performances - it's payback time.

Talking about international leadership, dude.

Macron is gaining power there.

trump has thrown away many decades of American international leadership in mere months.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Talking about international leadership, dude.

Macron is gaining power there.

trump has thrown away many decades of American international leadership in mere months.

we have agreed about many things but trust me on this, if he doesn't get the unions behind him he is toast because of what he tried to do in the past. he won't have time for international politics.

Edited by sandrabbit

3 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Barely been in office a month. Way too soon to  make that call.

A very good start.

His direct talk to the American people who are stuck with the insane clown president (recent poll shows 43 percent of American registered voters supporting IMPEACHING trump) is an amazingly bold move.

Decent Americans can't look the white house for leadership anymore.

So there's a vacuum.

We'll looks to credible leaders like Michael Bloomberg, Jerry Brown, and even foreign leaders like Macron and Merkel.

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

we have agreed about many things but trust me on this, if he doesn't get the unions behind him he is toast because of what he tried to do in the past.

I'm not an idiot, dude. I know all about that. Just because you're a Brit doesn't make you special in this regard. 

Especially post Brexit. Didn't you lot DIVORCE yourself (foolishly) from Europe?

Again, talking about international leadership. 

I think his international assertiveness will strengthen his domestic support in France. We shall see. 

As far as honeymoon periods, yes I know all about honeymoon periods. At least Macron is having one. trump didn't even get one, that's how BAD he is ... 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not an idiot, dude. I know all about that. Just because you're a Brit doesn't make you special in this regard. 

Again, talking about international leadership. 

I think his international assertiveness will strengthen his domestic support in France. We shall see. 

again I will say the unions don't care about the international stage, it might go (probably will) against him if he becomes popular worldwide if he ignores internal politics. it has hit so many French presidents in the behind in recent years they have become wary but maybe he will a M Thatcher and tell them to go procreate but I don't think that will happen.

It helps domestically if you have a young dynamic leader that is greatly admired on the world stage in the civilized world. It certainly helped Obama a lot in his first term anyway. Macron is a rising star now. That is real. Will it last? Time will tell. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

It helps domestically if you have a young dynamic leader that is greatly admired on the world stage in the civilized world. It certainly helped Obama a lot in his first term anyway. Macron is a rising star now. That is real. Will it last? Time will tell. 

please, you are talking about France - as much as I love the people, culture & food etc they make us Brits look like snails (pun intended) when reacting to something the unions don't like. don't compare France to the US it doesn't work and they don't care about their politicians but we're away from topic and our posts will be deleted tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

please, you are talking about France - as much as I love the people, culture & food etc they make us Brits look like snails (pun intended) when reacting to something the unions don't like. don't compare France to the US it doesn't work and they don't care about their politicians but we're away from topic and our posts will be deleted tomorrow.

Whatever you say, dude.

We'll have it your way.

Macron's Party Seen on Top in French Parliament Election: Polls

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-05-29/macrons-party-seen-on-top-in-french-parliament-election-polls

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

ok just remember this conversation, I'm not trying to win but Macron was the guy who pissed off the unions.

But wait, there's more!
Those cheeky French masterfully REBUT the trumpist propaganda on the Paris accord --

France taunts US by editing White House video on climate deal

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/03/politics/france-climate-video/index.html

Bring it on, France.

trump is a danger both to the USA and the entire world. 
If moral leadership and some semblance of TRUTH now must come from other U.S. leaders like the wonderful JERRY BROWN or from abroad, so be it! 

Maybe someday sanity will be back in our federal government. But for now, this new global shift will have to do. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, CGW said:

hes doing what hes good at.....talking. 

Whoever said talk was cheap? Hehe

The problem with Trump is that he has only a limited inter-horizon.

Trump is the first president of world power United States who is not in a position to think globally. He simply lacks the greater vision, which we are accustomed to by American presidents. To think about this planet as a whole. He therefore comes as a peasant, who is excited about the pigbuilding price in Oregon. The acceptance many US presidents have enjoyed before him is destroyed. On the world stage he only acts as a regional cowboy with all American stereotypes. Great mouth, rude and without decency and respect.
Trump is really unfit as a US president for a global world.

trump's psychological disorder on full display at the Rose Garden --

We the Victims

Trump’s Paris accord speech projected his own psychological issues all over the American people.

The word for what we saw in the Rose Garden is projection. Trump feels like a tremendous man who is also, somehow, nursing an eternal wound. His country, therefore, is a tremendous nation that is hampered and thwarted by cheaters at every turn. But the parallel inside Trump’s head isn’t the one that matters here. Trump has already poisoned the White House. Now Trump’s America is gearing up to poison the world.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/06/trump_is_projecting_his_own_psychological_issues_all_over_america.html

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But wait, there's more!
Those cheeky French masterfully REBUT the trumpist propaganda on the Paris accord --

France taunts US by editing White House video on climate deal

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/03/politics/france-climate-video/index.html

Bring it on, France.

trump is a danger both to the USA and the entire world. 
If moral leadership and some semblance of TRUTH now must come from other U.S. leaders like the wonderful JERRY BROWN or from abroad, so be it! 

Maybe someday sanity will be back in our federal government. But for now, this new global shift will have to do. 

Business believes leaving will be good for the economy.

Stock market went up on the news, therefore, that is an undeniable fact.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:10 AM, stevenl said:

With that attitude 'the world is out to get us', same as Trump's, USA can never move forward. The good old days, where Trump and his supporters refer to, are gone, never to come back.

Totally agree with the content of your statement as well, but the mentality is much more disturbing.

Not so much the world is out to get us, I was trying to say that the Paris Agreement was not effective at reducing the effects of man made global warming and the cost of being ineffective was insanely high.

Edited by Ahab
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Not so much the world is out to get us, I was trying to say that the Paris Agreement was not effective at reducing the effects of man made global warming and the cost of being ineffective was insanely high.

You have a strange choice of words in that case.

And thanks for the answer, gives me a chance to correct my post it should of course be " Totally disagree with the content of your statement as well, but the mentality is much more disturbing. "

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You have a strange choice of words in that case.

And thanks for the answer, gives me a chance to correct my post it should of course be " Totally disagree with the content of your statement as well, but the mentality is much more disturbing. "

Thanks for correcting and being civil. I believe It was a poor deal if your purpose was combating global warming, maybe to some people the "feel good " aspects of the agreement were worth the cost. Obviously not my opinion.