Cash no longer king in payments shift

webfact

6 hours ago, Jerry787 said:

Lately Bangkok Bank stop to issue VISA debit card, or at least that what a bangkok bank employee told me once i went to request a new one after i misplaced mine, they only re issue the ATM with union pay.

anyone knows if it may be true ? 

They did that to me then I found out that it is chinese and is not accepted outside china and Thailand so I went back in and asked for a visa but in a different Bangkok bank, they had to send to the main Bangkok office for it but I did get one.  I got the feeling that the head lady that gave me the union pay was on a commission for them as she told me I couldnt change it for a visa yet the other bank said they could.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:17 AM, colinneil said:

A load of nonsense, Thais using electronic payment.:cheesy:

Here in Issan even when buying a new pickup they refused my card, had to be cash.

Only 2 places here in Banphai accept cards big C and Global house.

But above all else with the totally corrupt government and RTP cash will always remain the payment of choice.  How else would the worlds most organised mafia get their tea money ?  And as for transfering money from say China to an offshore  account lets say as a thankyou for buying something from them,  then  that has an electronic trail so again cash will be king

On 6/22/2017 at 3:30 PM, fforest1 said:

A cashless society will be pushed tirelessly in the coming years,by

any and all means necessary..And you can take that to your cashless

bank....

Absolutely, especially by the government as it will allow them to track everything you do, even more than they do already.

57 minutes ago, seajae said:

They did that to me then I found out that it is chinese and is not accepted outside china and Thailand so I went back in and asked for a visa but in a different Bangkok bank, they had to send to the main Bangkok office for it but I did get one.  I got the feeling that the head lady that gave me the union pay was on a commission for them as she told me I couldnt change it for a visa yet the other bank said they could.

I left Bangkok Bank because of their policy on this.

Very happy I did, Siam Commercial Bank treat me like a VIP, Bangkok Bank treated me like dogsh!t.

I don't like to wait for people paying with creditcards, it's a very slow process.

But try paying cash at IKEA, out of the 20 cashiers there's maybe 1 or 2 that accepts cash.

Thai cash is very filthy, they grab raw meat/fish/frogs with the same hand they give cash...And looking at the huge qeueu's at the atm's around the end of the month the Thai also love cash.

Rabbitcard is great but more shops should accept it.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

But above all else with the totally corrupt government and RTP cash will always remain the payment of choice.  How else would the worlds most organised mafia get their tea money ?  And as for transfering money from say China to an offshore  account lets say as a thankyou for buying something from them,  then  that has an electronic trail so again cash will be king

Well perhaps they could mandate that tea money to school directors can only be by bank transfer.

What ever turns you on.

I guess I am just  a 70 year old dinosaur.

But I HAVE found cash only discounts on such things as airline tickets and computers that were ONLY available if I paid Cash.

And if I see  another such deal again  in the future I may well go for it