Men's cargo shorts in Thailand -- ugly or hideous?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What?? So you have turned up on dates with a few Thai girls for the first time wearing cargo shorts?? I don't believe you.

I always wear shorts in Thailand,day and night.I am not going to change my style to put on some fake show,that would be deceitful.I finally met my match when a girl rolled up in Club JJ shorts and she is still with me now.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

:shock1:

Try turning up for a date with an ordinary Thai girl for the first time, wearing these hideous things then watch the reaction.:shock1:

To make sure the chick ain't no gold digger, I like to turn up for a date in a totally ripped tshirt that's covered in dirt, same with my pants. I make sure to spread some dirt on my face to give it an army soldier in the jungle look. That way the chick will have to just like me for me & not my money :smile:

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

To make sure the chick ain't no gold digger, I like to turn up for a date in a totally ripped tshirt that's covered in dirt, same with my pants. I make sure to spread some dirt on my face to give it an army soldier in the jungle look. That way the chick will have to just like me for me & not my money :smile:

Pull the other one, anyone who goes on a date with a Thai girl, especially in the early stages of a relationship, want's to look his best, and wearing shorts of any kind is not going to do that.

Nothing wrong with cargo or short pants. Your in a tropical climate and who.wants.long pants unless.it's for a dress up occasion. I don't have skinny white legs. Well tanned and good calves and thighs. The worst is very white skinny legs with socks and sandals.

1 minute ago, Beats56 said:

Nothing wrong with cargo or short pants. Your in a tropical climate and who.wants.long pants unless.it's for a dress up occasion. I don't have skinny white legs. Well tanned and good calves and thighs. The worst is very white skinny legs with socks and sandals.

No, white socks and white trainers....:sad:

22 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

I always wear shorts in Thailand,day and night.I am not going to change my style to put on some fake show,that would be deceitful.I finally met my match when a girl rolled up in Club JJ shorts and she is still with me now.

I see your point, both here and back in the UK, I always wore denims on my dates, because that has always been my style. I never owned a suit except for stage gear.

I even wore denims to my parents funerals, that's my style, so that's it. But Thai girls in general do not like guys wearing shorts, but there is always the one who doesn't mind as in your case.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I see your point, both here and back in the UK, I always wore denims on my dates, because that has always been my style. I never owned a suit except for stage gear.

I even wore denims to my parents funerals, that's my style, so that's it. But Thai girls in general do not like guys wearing shorts, but there is always the one who doesn't mind as in your case.

I am not sure about your thoughts my ol' chum...

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Pull the other one, anyone who goes on a date with a Thai girl, especially in the early stages of a relationship, want's to look his best, and wearing shorts of any kind is not going to do that.

I will not be deceitful to any Thai people and show something i am not.I would then be condemned to wear long strides the rest of my life.Everybody gets what they get and see with me.I have more than enough Thai friends and a few fatang friends.I'll stick with my way thanks.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

That's great!

Nobody should ever wear shorts if they have chicken legs as that's just embarrassing. I make fun of dudes I see with thin chicken legs in shorts when I see them, especially the dudes who have arms bigger than their legs.

Calf muscles are for a large part genetics.. You can train them of course.. but it wont add as much mass as many other muscle groups. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Calf muscles are for a large part genetics.. You can train them of course.. but it wont add as much mass as many other muscle groups. 

The problem is a lot peeps train their arms 10 times more than their legs or skip leg day all together, then they complain how difficult it it to have any calf muscles. If they spent as much time on their legs as they do on their arms, they would have decent muscles in their legs.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, sirineou said:

Good luck trying to get laid if you ware cargo pants. 

The lack of success "trying" is what brought many to Thailand in the first place.  Their failure in that regard had little to do with cargo pants.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, sirineou said:

But Bob Darwin's of theory of evolution is on track since for evolution to occur one has to  procreate . 

There seems to be a little confusion as to whether the evolution being discussed is to do with the pants or the wearer.

Pretty sure Darwin only dealt with the evolution of things with a pulse, although he probably would be pleased to see the strides we've made in clothing.

darwin.jpg.9d5cefb62c1ed5799a0a37441d0ad934.jpg     jeans2.jpg.b54de2e0c4522b28a274709ac0961b4f.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The problem is a lot peeps train their arms 10 times more than their legs or skip leg day all together, then they complain how difficult it it to have any calf muscles. If they spent as much time on their legs as they do on their arms, they would have decent muscles in their legs.

All (near) upper body building involves using arms, thats why they get bigger even if you are not targeting them..

Just now, bbi1 said:

Sure you got those people.. I have encountered them. But you got plenty who do train legs and still calves are not big. Wish i had those of my dad.. 70 y/o but would put most people in the gym to shame (calves only)

I've got a several pairs of cargo shorts and cargo trousers. 

Great for travel, carrying all the clutter without a bag of some sort; and especially useful when the kids are there.

House keys, car keys, cream for skin problem, wallet, various plastic cards,  iPhone, possibly iPad too, sunglasses, pocket knife, wipes, change - we all carry much more around nowadays than we used to.

Stuffing everything into four bulging normal trouser pockets looks crap, is uncomfortable and isn't safe. Carrying wallets in back trouser pockets, or stuffing iPhone / mobile there is asking for trouble from thieves. Carrying a shoulder bag loosely is dangerous too.

As for fashion -  they look fine. Only please, no socks, pulled up over ankles with sandals and shorts! And pick a top that actually matches.

Wore my combats yesterday when out with the daughter for the day. Everything safe and comfortable.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

:shock1:

Try turning up for a date with an ordinary Thai girl for the first time, wearing these hideous things then watch the reaction.:shock1:

That's not the only thing I am worries about in life.. impressing thai girls.. to be honest a fat wallet in my pocket or the car I drive impresses them a lot more then a pair of pants. 

On a day off or going to the local 7/11 cargos are very practical. 

Ones I have are Union Bay.  Thin cotton vs. the heavier material, so the pockets don't bulge out and sag/hang down even when empty + the Mrs. irons everything, that helps a lot.   I don't use those thigh tie down leads, knot them up out of the way.

21314df8-643d-482a-97bd-9940304e85cc.jpg.e0ba613569e167afe35ee016a6b8d352.jpg

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Ones I have are Union Bay.  Thin cotton vs. the heavier material, so the pockets don't bulge out and sag/hang down even when empty + the Mrs. irons everything, that helps a lot.   I don't use those thigh tie down leads, knot them up out of the way.

The mrs irons everything???

Real beaut mate.

I thought somebody said that the dinosaurs are extinct?

6 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Same ones I brought a bunch of with me....Wearing them right now on a Big C run......Very comfortable here....

Everything's ironed at our house too - 4 of us...Never see Thai's with the rumpled look - bad form.....

Edited by pgrahmm

25 minutes ago, wow64 said:

That's not the only thing I am worries about in life.. impressing thai girls.. to be honest a fat wallet in my pocket or the car I drive impresses them a lot more then a pair of pants. 

Shoplifter?

Just now, oldhippy said:

The mrs irons everything???

Real beaut mate.

I thought somebody said that the dinosaurs are extinct?

Nope, there are still a few about.  I got lucky. 

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Same ones I brought a bunch of with me....Wearing them right now on a Big C run......Very comfortable here....

Yep, brought a bunch over with me from last shopping trip to San Diego.  If anyone ever gets down that way, look up "GTM".    http://www.gtmstores.com/     One of those consolidators that collect odd sizes and end of season, unsold surplus from the large Dept stores.  Think they have online access as well, but I've never looked at it or compared to in person/on the rack prices.

They look exactly what they are; cheap and nasty, even if expensive to buy.

I would not recommend wearing them for those who like to be seen as professionals in a credible light. They will make you appear as someone down on their luck, living on a basic income who hasn`t quite made it in life. (A bit of a loser).

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

All these big muscled guys that 'train' every day make me laugh, what are they actually 'training' for?  I walk and swim a bit keeps me fit enough, don't need to 'train' as I'm not about to enter any sporting competitions at my age.  When they finally give up the 'training' the flab just hangs off where the muscles used to be.

Back on topic yes I wear cargo shorts and be damned, just knee length and in decent material if I can find them not the usual horror materials they try to sell you on every market stall.  All I ask is a zip pocket for my cash that doesn't look likes it's been stitched on as an afterthought!