Chiang Mai Ram Raises Awareness of Dengue Fever

snoop1130

Chiang Mai Ram Raises Awareness of Dengue Fever

by CityNews

1399557674.jpg

CityNews – The Chiang Mai Municipality Office has collaborated with Chiang Mai Ram hospital to fight against dengue fever and raise awareness of the importance of dengue prevention in both the household and the community.

The event was held on July 15th at Central Plaza Chiang Mai Airport with a talk session by a hematologist from Chiang Mai Ram hospital and celebrity Ploy Chidjun Hung plus a workshop on mosquito prevention.

In 2016, a total of 4,755 cases of dengue fever were reported, with five deaths related to the disease. So far this year that number has hit 476, but is expected to rise to a similar number by the end of the year.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/chiang-mai-ram-raises-awareness-of-dengue-fever/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-7-17

That's a lot of clams, but that's the going price (without health insurance to cover it):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_vaccine

"In 2016 a partially effective vaccine for dengue fever (Dengvaxia) became commercially available in the Philippines and Indonesia. It has also been approved for use by Mexico, Brazil, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Paraguay. In Indonesia it costs about US$207 for the recommended three doses. "

3 minutes ago, 212Roger said:

Having had Dengue fever, I'd pay ten fold that price if it prevented me from suffering that experience again.

Problem is that u pay 9000 baht and then u still have a 40% chance of catching it....

and the most thais i know could never afford a 9000baht vaccine...

Edited by nikotin

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i had this a couple months ago, it is awful; you feel like you are going to die

Seems like the other name for Dengue (Breakbone fever) deserves the name.

Malaria is bad enough, but apparently Dengue lingers longer.