Buying from Lazada - newbie question on delivery times from overseas

WorriedNoodle

I thought I'd give Lazada a try for first time. Purchased with debit card something on 15-July that was listed as shipping from China eta 18-26 July in Thailand. This seems very optimistic to me, are the Lazada dates meaningless? Can I expect delivery to be more like 1 month as for Ebay which I find very reliable on eta dates and emails giving tracking details? What are Lazada users experiences please? Until now my Lazada is listed as shipped since 3 days but I got no tracking # by email from them that they promised.

Thx for any experiences.

Funnily enough I just ordered something from them Monday night.  Pay on delivery Lazada gave me the order confirmation and said they would provide tracking later.  Nothing came.  However their driver called Wednesday morning confirming the address and delivered a coupe of hours later.  A couple of hours after that I got an email stating the package was out for delivery.  Strange to me but it came quick enough.

I buy lots of stuff from Lazada Thailand. Sometimes the item says "shipped from overseas" , with perhaps a 2 week delivery date .... then bugger me .... the item is delivered by postman or courier in just 3 days !!  woohoo !!

These 3 day deliveries have actually come from a BKK address, not from overseas.

In the long run, I really don't care where it's come from. I'm just happy to see the item delivered.

Lazada is great. Never had any probs with them. Cash on delivery is beaut too.

Just be warned it doesnt get stopped for "import" duty, (depending on item and declared value).  

I only ever buy "cash on delivery" from them.

You don't have to worry about that. Lazada as a Thai retailer company has the responsibility of taking care of import duty issues. It's not your concern. If you buy a Honda motorcycle do you have to go and visit the customs office?

3 minutes ago, trd said:

You don't have to worry about that. Lazada as a Thai retailer company has the responsibility of taking care of import duty issues. It's not your concern. If you go and buy a Honda motorcycle do you have visit the customs office?

No because that would already be in stock here. It wouldnt be shipped from outside Thailand and therefore "imported"  as some products are shipped from China etc. As stated in item details.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:
No because that would already be in stock here. It wouldnt be shipped from outside Thailand and therefore "imported"  as some products are shipped from China etc. As stated in item details.

It's still the responsibility of the retailer to price it into what they sell it for. It's not the same as getting something delivered to you from UPS or DHL which goes through customs. Lazada imports an item and pays whatever import duty is required. They price it to you on their website. You order it and they deliver the custom cleared item to you with their own courier. As I said, Honda motorcycles are imported from Japan, but the showroom price in Thailand is what you pay. You don't buy a motorbike and then pay extra to customs.

I've found with purchases from overseas the tracking system is pretty useless. As others have pointed out above the package just tends to arrive out of the blue, sometimes earlier than the stated time sometimes later; the tracking details on the website just goes from 'processing' to 'delivered'. 

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I have ordered many products from Lazada that came from Hong Kong or China and never had a delay at customs or had to pay import duty. Lazada beats eBay and Amazon in this regard. 

OP back to your question the items arrive before or on time. I have never had a late delivery from them.

These days I avoid eBay to buy small items as there are now many crooks on eBay. They place items on eBay that cost around $3 with free slow shipping, these items however never arrive. You must then open a case with eBay to get your money back. This has happened to me 3 times in the last year. I believe these sellers never intend to send the products and many buyers never complain due to the small amount. The seller then pockets the money.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your example of Honda is a nonsense as  it woukd already have been imported and would already have any duty paid when it was imported.

You are then buying from Thai stock. NOT importing it from another country as you would if bought from a Chinese retailer and then import it yourself.

However if what you say is correct, in that LAZADA import any sales then send it to you then they pay and are responsible for duty (if applicable). It would be news to me if they do operate in that way. If they do why bother stating "dispatched from China".

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your example of Honda is a nonsense as  it woukd already have been imported and would already have any duty paid when it was imported.
You are then buying from Thai stock. NOT importing it from another country as you would if bought from a Chinese retailer and then import it yourself.
However if what you say is correct, in that LAZADA import any sales then send it to you then they pay and are responsible for duty (if applicable). It would be news to me if they do operate in that way. If they do why bother stating "dispatched from China".

Does that mean dispatched from China directly to you or dispatched from China to Lazada to you? Lazada is a Thai retailer operating under Thai consumer law. Where does it say on Lazada's website that they don't deliver to you. Does it explicitly state that China will deliver directly to you and by what means. Where does it say that you will have to pay import duty.

I have no idea what it means, if it goes to Lazada first thats news to me and would be quite unique. I am happy to be corrected.

I do know that if you make a purchase that is supplied direct to you from outside the country you are in, you are then "importing" and are therefore liable for any duty that item may incurr.

Lazada is wonderful coming from a critical man

I generally have 3/4 deliveries a week

I had a kitchen aid food mixer shipped from the US price inc luded tax and duty

If in doubt call their help line

On plugging it in only blue smoke, free return shipping full refund, wonderful service

I ordered a denim shirt xxxl it came said XXXL but was not full refund plus return shipping can not fault them  Call them no long waits and good english

They are today owned by Alibaba

I own JD alibaba competitor both stocks are up some 60% this year

Schwartzman chairman of BX, Blackstone I also own and up 26% this year correctly says the days of the shopping malls are limited

I love Lazarda, can not fault them, and the cash on delivery is a further safeguard, in the sticks in thailand wonderful

I neither own nor work for Lazarda  unfortunately

I have no idea what it means, if it goes to Lazada first thats news to me and would be quite unique. I am happy to be corrected.

I do know that if you make a purchase that is supplied direct to you from outside the country you are in, you are then "importing" and are therefore liable for any duty that item may incurr.

But you are paying your money to Lazada not China!

Items shipped from abroad on Lazada have import duties included already, and that is also why the item from the exact same seller on Ebay or Aliexpress is priced at a premium on Lazada.

These days some sellers shipping from abroad even offer COD.

This the term and conditions from Lazada Philippines, as I can't directly find it in English on the Thai website, but I assume it applies to their global operations.

https://lazadaphilippines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214205678-Do-I-have-to-pay-extra-duties-or-taxes-for-Overseas-Product-

No. All Overseas products from Lazada Marketplace are delivered at no additional cost to you since the stated price includes customs fees and import duties. You are not expected to pay any additional duties or taxes.

If you are asked by Customs or our logistics partner to pay duties, or requested to present a personal ID, please contact Customer Service to inform them of such for reibursement of the fees or cancellation of the order.

Note: If special customs clearance procedures are required, there might be delays beyond our original delivery estimates - kindly liaise with our Customer Service to get new estimated delivery times.

Actually you are buying from third parties at a markup on Lazada for items shipped from China - and often this is 100% or more - check carefully.  I love Lazada for items shipped from Thailand (but even there you need to compare different sellers price).  The items from China I am talking about would not have any import duties as low value.  Aliexpress and Ebay are valid alternatives and have had good luck using both.

Lazada is great! On the rare occasion when I have received an order that wasn't right, they have offered me the options of returning it for a full refund, or keeping it and receiving a credit voucher for the full value. And yes, they do offer COD for many items shipped from abroad.

They have expanded their offerings to the point that there is no need to use Ebay. Ebay has become a total disappointment with corrupt sellers and their miserable Global Shipping Program. Amazon is still OK, but very limited on what they will ship to Thailand. Lazada is always my first choice.

6 hours ago, trd said:

My experience when ordering something that comes from overseas is that it arrives before the delivery date given by Lazada.

That has been my experience as well.. I've ordered quite a few things and never had a problem with delivery...  the first delivery may take a phone call or two for them to find you but once the driver visits your location is recorded.. and they come straight to your door..

Agree with everybody here, Lazada is very good, fast, cheap ( cheaper than others ), COD is the best solution, very well organized and they have a very big choice, now I buy only only with them 

I live in the sticks and they go to my door 

18 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Agree with everybody here, Lazada is very good, fast, cheap ( cheaper than others ), COD is the best solution, very well organized and they have a very big choice, now I buy only only with them 

I live in the sticks and they go to my door 

Ha!.. yes, I agree.. but I just bought an air mouse.. delivered from China.. then had a look at E-Bay (Australia).... the same thing.. delivered from Thailand!  250Bt cheaper.. that will teach me to shop around before I place the order!  

43 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Ha!.. yes, I agree.. but I just bought an air mouse.. delivered from China.. then had a look at E-Bay (Australia).... the same thing.. delivered from Thailand!  250Bt cheaper.. that will teach me to shop around before I place the order!  

I speak of big things, like air condition or refrigerator 2 doors 

18 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I speak of big things, like air condition or refrigerator 2 doors 

I don't think it makes a lot of difference how big or small it is.. if it is an expensive item .. shop more... easy..

I did it already with the fridge I got today  , several online shops in Thailand ( not with Ebay :smile:)

1500 bahts cheaper with Lazada , as usual 

always the same thing, I look somewhere else before 

4 hours ago, trd said:

You can't use COD if the item is sourced overseas.

Then use Aliexpress, their dispute process has never failed me.  I don't like the dispute protocol on Lazada.