Video: Traffic cop on the scene as knife wielding school boys run amok in Bangkok

snoop1130

Video: Traffic cop on the scene as knife wielding school boys run amok in Bangkok

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1p0S7n95GWQGVij7.jpg

A video posted online showed teenage schoolboys in shorts threatening each other with knives and swords.

Only the intervention of a traffic cop running on the scene prevented a bad situation getting worse.

The teens fled with some leaving behind their motorbikes.

The footage was shared to Youlike on Facebook from the page of Mamee Meenom who said that the violence occurred on Sukhumvit Road at 5pm Tuesday near the end of Soi 77 that is just 50 meters from Phrakhanong police station.

Thai Rath called the police at Phrakhanong who confirmed the incident and said it was broken up by a traffic cop.

Several bikes were taken into evidence. The police suspect that soon parents will be coming to claim the seized vehicles and this will lead to the boys responsible for the violent behavior.

The cops said they don't know which schools they came from but they were likely to be nearby.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1016921

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-7-26

"The cops said they don't know which schools they came from but they were likely to be nearby"... 

Superb powers of deduction by BKK's finest..

Also the cunning plan to snare perps when parents come to get the bikes... 

Hard to call which are the more braindead bunch. The cops or the schoolkids ?

Knives my a*s* ! Those are parangs and formidable weapons they are. No-one carries them around in town unless they are expecting to use them against humans, which leads one to think these may be just normal members of some Vocational College up to their usual tricks !

It is sad that this society don't take responsibility what is happening around them.

For them it is an entertainment after having a noodle bowl in front of them. Watch the video, you will understand.

If some whereelse they would warn the boys and sent them home or call the police.

Edited by NextStationBangkok

10 hours ago, z42 said:

"The cops said they don't know which schools they came from but they were likely to be nearby"... 

Superb powers of deduction by BKK's finest..

Also the cunning plan to snare perps when parents come to get the bikes... 

Hard to call which are the more braindead bunch. The cops or the schoolkids ?

It's always a huge surprise, if you're stopped by the police they have no way to actually USE the radio to get a PNC (police national computer) check - details of the bike/owner/registration - over radio. Are vehicle registration details not shared with the mafia?

Fantastic that the policeman couldn't do a check, then send out a total of what... maybe 10 officers to meet the kids before they even arrive home.

The schoolkids aren't more braindead - they're in training. They're equal.

9 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

It is sad that this society don't take responsibility what is happening around them.

For them it is an entertainment after having a noodle bowl in front of them. Watch the video, you will understand.

If some whereelse they would warn the boys and sent them home or call the police.

Great idea.

If you warn kids with machetes in England, they'll cut your damn fool head off.

1 minute ago, steveyinasia said:

Vocational schools still out of control.

Fixed that for you.

The role of schools and educators is to propagate and preserve culture. I'd say they're doing a great job of that.

You seem to believe they're in some way responsible for making changes or trying to make improvements!

13 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

If these cops had .38 's.  And used them.....it would solve

a lot,of problems with these types.

But what about unintended consequences when innocent bystanders start dropping like flies?

I'm surprised no tasers were carried by the students, nor brass knuckles visible, or dildos thrown.  They sell knives, swords, tasers, brass knuckles and dildos on the street! 

Where there is life, there is conflict!

Nice to see they were not on their cell phones...

2 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I'm surprised no tasers were carried by the students, nor brass knuckles visible, or dildos thrown.  They sell knives, swords, tasers, brass knuckles and dildos on the street! 

Where there is life, there is conflict!

Nice to see they were not on their cell phones...

A dildo ? Now , that would be an interesting weapon of choice . 

"Hey , buddy , how did you get the black eye ?"    ...." oh that ,  well , see , I was in a gang fight and this guy whacked me with his dildo while I was trying to stab him with my sword." 

Before someone starts telling me that this is happening in every country in the civilized world, I've lived on some major streets in London (if you consider Sukhumvit Road a major street) for decades, and I've never witnessed scenes like this. Also, I know that there are school kids in the UK where a tiny minority of them may bring a knife to school, but what the kids in this video have is a serious weapon. And not one or two, but well over a dozen of them. God help Thailand, because the laws don't seem to...

19 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

A dildo ? Now , that would be an interesting weapon of choice . 

"Hey , buddy , how did you get the black eye ?"    ...." oh that ,  well , see , I was in a gang fight and this guy whacked me with his dildo while I was trying to stab him with my sword." 

You could beat a grizzly bear to death with some of the whoppers they sell in Chinatown.  I avoid even glancing at those kiosks because they make me feel so inadequate.

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is one totally <deleted> up country. I despair I really really do.

It might be mate. If you feel that strongly then you should go home, where ever that is. I think you might find that place too might be different than you remember.

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

Fixed that for you.

The role of schools and educators is to propagate and preserve culture. I'd say they're doing a great job of that.

You seem to believe they're in some way responsible for making changes or trying to make improvements!

Yeah let's blame the teachers! Great idea!

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

It's always a huge surprise, if you're stopped by the police they have no way to actually USE the radio to get a PNC (police national computer) check - details of the bike/owner/registration - over radio. Are vehicle registration details not shared with the mafia?

Fantastic that the policeman couldn't do a check, then send out a total of what... maybe 10 officers to meet the kids before they even arrive home.

The schoolkids aren't more braindead - they're in training. They're equal.

Yes, this is the case.

When you understand that each police station is like a mini-fiefdom rather than part of a national integrated crime suppression agency, it becomes clearer.

They don't want any other police station interfering in their money-making business and they don't stick their nose into other police station's business.

I don't recall any other country where large signs are erected all over the country showing the demarcation of the limits of jurisdiction of police stations.

PNC checks are therefore not required.(in Thailand)