Bearshare And Limewire

bedwrecker

:D happy new year to all lets hope its a good one etc,, ive just got connected adsl from ttot 128kbs download speed - my bearsahre and limewire are not working as they used to do on a simple dial up ive forwareded ports painstakingly but to no avial first the programs were firewalled and now ive got around that still not returing searches the modem i got was a freebe they gave me zyxel apparntly it sells for 1900bt. can somone advise me please. also is ps3 avail in thailand .

thanks ladies and gents. :o

The internet is c r a p now due to the earthquake damage to the fiber optic cables. Nothing that requires downloading is working well and you are not the first person to speak about Limewire not working at all. Until conditions improve it will be hard to determine if you really have a circuit problem here or it is the general internet.

I second the above reply.

Have been readin from various south east asian based posters that they are having trouble with shareware stuff.

The programs are all running fine, and probably your pc and conection is running fine, but the problem is with the ISP's and their communication probs.

regards,

Kayo!

I'm using TOT to.

I've been puffing away on a 4.3 gig torrent since yesterday, no problems here !

I get a steady 100 kB/s :o

bedwrecker, don't forget to set a static ip, if you forgot.

Hi

How would I set up a static IP and how would that help?

Thanks

D.D.

If you are going to forward any ports from your router, you'll need an static ip.

Here's a good reference site that has setup instructions for most of e'm:

http://www.portforward.com/

This is especially important for p2p appz.

being portforwarded makes you "visible" to the other clients on the network.

Hence it'll improve d/l speed.

Edited by friend2

:D thankyou for all the replies to the topic gentlemen and ladies it is good to get some feed back, as not allways sure where the problem lies but im 75% sure now that it is to do with the quake.

just a word of advice to any body who call people in the paper for help on internet conections etc, there is people out there who do not charge for their time when the problem is not corrected i spent 1500bht on people coming around and not been able to do anything with the problem i had with limewire bearshare.. i was recomended a thai company v.com who do not charge any thing untill problem solved -- :o so good on them and great for my wallet .. :D any how thank you..

my connection is up and running on lime wire very unstable but bearshare is not working udp and tcp firewalled any comments respected and wellcomed :D

and FRIEND2 IVE TRIED TO PORTFORWARD BUT IM NOT TO SURE ON THE STATIC IP, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.. TO ALL TAKE CARE AND DONT BOOZE TO MUCH AND BE TO BRAVE ON THE BIKES..