Savage attack on foreigner in Krabi holiday zone - attacked by four men as he lay helpless on the ground

Jonathan Fairfield

Savage attack on foreigner in Krabi holiday zone - attacked by four men as he lay helpless on the ground

Untitled1.png

Channel 3 reported today that a foreign man was attacked by four youths outside a 7/11 store in Ao Nang, Krabi.

But according to locals he may have been instrumental in escalating the incident.

The story was being shared across the Line application.

Police are looking for the four assailants but the foreigner in the case is also missing.

The attack happened on the beach road on Tuesday in the popular holiday resort.

A video possibly taken on a phone showed the foreigner knocked to the ground in a fist fight. 

He was then punched and kicked unconscious as he lay on the ground.

Channel 3 reporters at the scene today said that locals told them that the Thai youths and the foreigner all on motorcycles had been playing a cat and mouse game on the highway as they rode along.

When they all parked outside the store they said that the angry foreigner went for the youths with a crash helmet.

He was then attacked, they claimed.

Ao Nang police told Channel 3 that they had now seen footage of the incident and were about to look at footage from the 7/11's CCTV to get a clearer picture of those involved.

They said no reports had been made to them either from the Thai men or the foreigner. They are hunting all involved.

Without giving any reason for their assumptions, they said that they expected that the foreigner was either in hospital or recovering in his room.

Investigations are continuing.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-09

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the provocation, four on to one is pretty shitty, though about appropriate for Thais, who rarely want to engage in a one on one, but the stomping on the fella when he is on the ground and the fight is clearly over just takes the piss. If he had got a bit of a slap for being a dick that would be fair enough, but the level of force used here was excessive, so I hope they find the four and the court helps them understand this.

Absolutely dreadful. No 500 baht fines, no phony trips to the wat, no stupid wai's and hollow apologies. Regardless of the provocation once u start laying the boot into a guy's head when he is grounded / unconscious it should be treated as attempt to kill / seriously injure.

All involved should get double digits in jail. This nonsense from the idiots stamping and those in QC robes and brown uniforms needs to be stopped now.. 

Get a grip Thailand and get proper justice for the victim

2 minutes ago, Suttisan said:

So easy to get angry in Thailand as you're dealing with dickheads 24/7, if this story is true then the guy made a mistake in getting into it with the Thais, it's their land and they like to remind you of that any chance they get. 

Mostly they are all up for a savage one sided attack as long as there is no chance of getting hurt.

No details necessary just have a go.

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

But according to locals he may have been instrumental in escalating the incident.

Oh, well thank god this wasn't just mindless violence then. Funny - when I was kid, the old, "but, sir! He started it!" excuse not only didn't work, but got me in even more trouble. Soon learnt me that I'm responsible for my actions. 

48 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

When they all parked outside the store they said that the angry foreigner went for the youths with a crash helmet.

The scum who thought 4 on 1 was ok, are cowards. 

Those who try to defend them are ****s. 

Edited by Bluespunk

29 minutes ago, Suttisan said:

So easy to get angry in Thailand as you're dealing with dickheads 24/7, if this story is true then the guy made a mistake in getting into it with the Thais, it's their land and they like to remind you of that any chance they get. 

Though we're outnumbered 10:1 in my area around Asoke, I have encountered more foreign d-heads than Thai ones.

And when I run into my 2nd or 3rd butthead on a given day, it's probably time for me to look in a mirror.

It seems to be everyday life in Thailand these days.  We can all moan about the injustice and cowardice and unfairness but it's their country and there choice.  Foreigners need to be aware of the dangers and then decide whether to visit or live in such a place. You will never change it.

57 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Whatever the provocation, four on to one is pretty shitty, though about appropriate for Thais, who rarely want to engage in a one on one, but the stomping on the fella when he is on the ground and the fight is clearly over just takes the piss. If he had got a bit of a slap for being a dick that would be fair enough, but the level of force used here was excessive, so I hope they find the four and the court helps them understand this.

Aside of the customary cowardice its just another example in mounting examples of whats becoming of the place in terms of general attitude towards foreigners.

Stamping on a guy who is already out cold is pretty much trying to finish him off and kill him. Seems to be an increasingly common trait with the younguns over here and needs addressing soon by the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This is normal in thailand, I've read about this kind of attack 100's of times. It's always a gang of Thai men and they attempt to beat the foreigner to death, the beating continues after they're unconscious on the floor and they often kick directly to the head with full force.

In the UK they would be charged with attempted murder because that's what it is.

54 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I guess what came before was four Thai heroes "playing" with the foreigner on the road, road rage like, following him to the shop, and then abusing and threatening the foreigner who attacked then.

The four heroes then attacked the foreigner, knowing fairly well this act of heroism will not be punished.

And knowing fairly well if the foreigner would have won, more heroes would come to help, and eventually the foreigner would shoulder all the blame.

Just now, carmine said:

Aside of the customary cowardice its just another example in mounting examples of whats becoming of the place in terms of general attitude towards foreigners.

Thais use the same four/five/six or more on one principle on other Thais just the same but there does seem to be  more bravado when it comes to foreigners these days.

17 minutes ago, Cleveland said:

Was thinking only 4 on 1 was pretty mild by usual Thai standards.

Is there any other country in Asia where the foreigner is so despised, both by the locals and by the government?

Try to remember who is running this country and their feelings about gwailoos.

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Try to remember who is running this country and their feelings about gwailoos.

Gweilo is a term used by the Chinese, Cantonese specifically, to refer to a foreigner, usually a European.  It is derogatory term and widely accepted as meaning foreign devil.   In Thailand the term is farang but that is not considered to be derogatory.  Very different.

Who is it making the sound effects every time the kid stomps the guy on the ground?

Same kind of sounds they make during thai boxing fights when someone lands a knee from the clinch... 

Basically he was cheering on the kids instead of helping the guy on the ground... disgusting ... If it's one of the kids making the sound effects then I would say that part of his defense will be thrown out ... He can no longer claim he "was insanely angry" "lost control due to anger" the guy making the sound effects sounds completely calm. 

Anyway,,, this type of stuff is rare,, but i'm not suprised it happened in a popular tourist area where the hatred against foreigners has been brewing for a long time....

Edited by hobz