Frenchman Aged 50 Years.

libya 115

Frenchman dies in Jomtien condo

A foreigner's death in a room at a condo located on Jomtien Beach, was reported to the Dongtan police on 30th December at 6.30 pm.

When the team arrived, they found the body of Mr. Francis Andrade, aged 50, a French national in the room. There were no signs of disturbance and nothing seemed to be missing so it probably wasn't a robbery. The police think that he must have died approximately 5 – 10 hours before discovery and maybe because of sickness since the police found a lot of hospital cards within the room.

A friend of the deceased found the body. He told the police that he was currently under treatment at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya and asked permission from his doctor to come out to visit Mr. Andrade since he didn't answer his phone. He used a spare key to enter and found his friend already dead so quickly called the police.

Further investigation will be made and the body was sent for autopsy to find the cause of death and the French Embassy has been notified.

Source: Pattaya People

Edited by cdnvic

I wonder why every natural cause death of a farang expat in Pattaya is considered news. Pattaya hosts alot of older farangs. Do you think in Southern Florida (a popular US retirement spot), everytime an older person dies of natural causes that it makes the papers, except the obits?

Now, I am not really commenting about the posting here. Perhaps some readers know the deceased and appreciate the information. But I am commenting on the Pattaya "press" which appears to be mostly focussed on every crime and every death, natural causes or not. Spectacular murders, yes, of course, those are news.

I wonder why every natural cause death of a farang expat in Pattaya is considered news. Pattaya hosts alot of older farangs. Do you think in Southern Florida (a popular US retirement spot), everytime an older person dies of natural causes that it makes the papers, except the obits?

Now, I am not really commenting about the posting here. Perhaps some readers know the deceased and appreciate the information. But I am commenting on the Pattaya "press" which appears to be mostly focussed on every crime and every death, natural causes or not. Spectacular murders, yes, of course, those are news.

How true, those stories are simply boring, with all respect to the personal tragedy.

The information value for the ordinary reader is ZERO. Guess there are many more topics in and around Pattaya which which would deserve some serious footage.

Cheers

Moo9

May Mr. Francis RIP.

It is totally wrong of the press to follow the police to the scene of a natural cause death. I was with a friend when he died at home of natural cause and was shocked when the press turned up. Luckily, there were enough friends there to see the situation and to tell them to b***** off.

If anyone from the Pattaya Mail or Pattaya Today is reading this, please don't come creeping around. Better to do something useful like reporting on stray dog situation or lack of proper taxis.

How true, those stories are simply boring, with all respect to the personal tragedy.

The information value for the ordinary reader is ZERO. Guess there are many more topics in and around Pattaya which which would deserve some serious footage.

Cheers

Moo9

How about a separate forum (a bit like "matched, hatched and dispatched" in the newspapers at home) people could post events such as someones passing and those who are interested could take a look at whatever intervals they choose.

Just a thought. :o

I think this only happens when the police get called to a location.

I never hear about the people who die in a hospital.

It must be some kind of protocol for police to notify the press whenever they get called out to a scene of an accident, dead body, etc.

Bottom line, if you feel sick, get your ass to a hospital if you don't want pictures of your rotting corpse plastered all over the place.