Pattaya's sewage treatment plants just can't cope, meeting told

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Well if they want to make Pattaya a family friendly resort,first thing to do is b sure the water is good enough for swimming, once word gets out about Pattaya water quality,bye bye Pattaya,in this world of social media,word spreads like wildfire.

And once Pattaya ceases to be a "family friendly resort" it will revert to the kind of resort is has been known for for the past 40 years or longer

19 hours ago, kotsak said:

The epitome of incompetence..

My Dad (rest his soul) once saw Gregg Allman (rest his soul) on TV & just muttered "A waste of humanity".

Dad didn't like hippies. 

I'd like to say that the entire Pattaya administration/council/mayor etc are a "Waste of humanity".

43 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

A perfect example is the tunnel project- way overpriced. A flyover would have cost a third of the tunnel price and be finished in 6 months. 

Amen.

I worked in Pathum Thani for about a year & they were building an overpass/flyover right near my apartment.

I didn't time it, but they'd just started it when I got there.

It was functional long before I was finished up there.

City was told some 10 yrs ago to improve sewage treatment plants but just like everything else here in Thailand nothing gets done, as always the talk followed by more talks and then the topic disappears from the headlines and, issue is solved

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smew said:

City was told some 10 yrs ago to improve sewage treatment plants but just like everything else here in Thailand nothing gets done, as always the talk followed by more talks and then the topic disappears from the headlines and, issue is solved

Article from 3 years ago....http://www.pattayamail.com/news/2-years-late-2nd-wastewater-treatment-plant-expected-to-finish-in-august-37768

It's complete, total utter not caring about anything but their mia noi's & Mercedes by city officials.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Thailand continues to 'bite the hand that feeds it' Tourists will stop coming and they will have no one else to blame but themselves.  It's a freakin disgrace!

tourists are still coming just not from the same places they used too, more and more from India and China where a floating turd in the sea doesn't bother them.

• Like 2

Submarines and aircraft are more important than clean water  :shock1:    Strange priorities for a country thinking of being Thai 4.0 - duh! When did they get past Thai 0.0?

Apart from "military future thinking" there seems to be very little "future thinking" at all. Thai governments (including the current administration) should be ashamed.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, midas said:

How utterly embarrassing for Pattaya when in November there will be Navy chiefs from 19 countries in town and ships from 15 Navy's

http://aseanifr2017.com/?lang=en

Tell the Navy that its crewmen must use only shipboard sanitation systems and not Pattaya. It would be criminal negligence for the navy to further burden an already overloaded city treatment system. Can't comply? Go somewhere else or cancel visit.

"This test showed a steady decline in water quality in the sea in Pattaya. In laymen's terms the sea cannot clean itself due to the rubbish flowing into it."

You can't clean shit with shit, otherwise you just get more shit!  Do you think that explanation might be too technical for the high-level-meeting attendees?

1 minute ago, Moti24 said:

"This test showed a steady decline in water quality in the sea in Pattaya. In laymen's terms the sea cannot clean itself due to the rubbish flowing into it."

You can't clean shit with shit, otherwise you just get more shit!  Do you think that explanation might be too technical for the high-level-meeting attendees?

Answer is to smile real big, and say it's a misunderstanding...And the problem continues.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is simply telling us something that we knew already. The water is seriously shitty and getting worse. Here's an idea, rather than uselessly raiding bars for the sake of being seen to do something, invest in the water treatment that is actually needed for a city this size. Because tourists are the lifeline of the place, and they wont be seen here if there is a constant supply of floating turds in the water at the beach.

LOL. That would divert money from where it is supposed to go ( don't ask me to explain where that is ).

Raiding bars costs nothing, and has the potential of "fines".

Actually, farang tourists are probably not the lifeline of Pattaya, which is far larger than the beach strip.

The Chinese tourists probably don't give a monkey's about the water, as it's probably worse where they come from, and they are in Pattaya to eat seafood and perhaps shopping.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

tourists are still coming just not from the same places they used too, more and more from India and China where a floating turd in the sea doesn't bother them.

Yes for sure tourists from India & China etc will keep going to where raw sewer floats in the sea....but what about property purchasers.

How polluted does the water have to become before people stop buying in Pattaya and property values start dropping?

2 hours ago, johng said:

Is the Wat Boon plant actually working ?

Finally found the plant at Soi Phon Praphanimit, Photos of both establishments would suggest that neither facility is working, very similar to the bar screen and pumping station near the entrance to Walking Street. A very strange situation !

11 hours ago, Thian said:

Wait untill the millions of Indian visitors arrive, than we have even more sewagewater to clean.

This is just a disadvantage from the more tourists is better plan...better have less tourists who spend more..

Your comment is rather brainless and racist IMHO

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

I also have been designing and manufacturing Sewage Treatment Plants all over the world, for the last 40 years, including some of the first in Pattaya 30 years ago. I cannot imagine how you missed the main Central Treatment plant in Pattaya which I located in Google Earth in a few seconds. For your benefit I have attached the photo, it Is located off of Soi Phon Praphanimit 5. I believe that it is currently under repair as some tanks are leaking. The second plant is on Soi Wat Boonkanjanarom Jomtien. The two plants combined are designed for 85,000Cu.metres/day.

Pattaya Central STP No.1.jpg

Thanks Estrada, but after looking at photos of both of these establishments one has to ask......are they treating any sewage at all ?

Come to Pattaya on the Dead Sea:
Experience a fetid ocean breeze, while your kids build sludge castles on our beach. Receive an instant tan from a short dip in our caustic waters which will make you the envy at home. Mouthwatering fresh catch of the day is being washed on shore while the supplies last. The Queen of the Eastern Seaboard will provide you with everlasting memories of skin rashes, diarrhea, vomit and infectious disease, courtesy of our hard working authorities. Enjoy

It's not just Pattaya. It's the same down the whole eastern seaboard of the gulf. Disgustingly littered beaches and/or contaminated sea water all the way down the coast.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It is all about image and priorities. They waste time and money raiding bars, which we all know is going to do absolutely nothing. Whatever is going on at any given bar will continue to go on, either in the same place next day or somewhere just up the road.But the bad press the town has had makes the zombies in power focus on quick solutions. They genuinely believed all the problems would go away with a few raids. In the meantime, things that really have an impact on the town , such as in this case, wastewater infrastructure, nothing has been done. Why? Because Thais don't plan ahead or think about necessary items until loss of face leaves them no option. And that is where we are today. Hope that clarifies it for you.

No. I still see no connection between the police raiding bars and poor infrastructure, which is the job of an entirely different and unconnected organisation. The city authorities have nothing to do with bar raids, and the police have nothing to do with infrastructure. I hope that clarifies it for you.

Let me add to the shit being said about the government officials here.  Look in the mirror then after that go out to the top of Beach Road and work you way down to the front of Walking St.. look at all the money wasted.

A. Remove all the tree to widen the road and then replant the trees again

estimate over 100 million

B. Signal lights for pedestrians 125 million, that no one uses because they are unsafe

C. 800 plus million for the underpass tunnel on Sukhumvit

While all the attention and money being spent to bring in tourist to this city it isn't rocket science or is it that you need to invest in plants and reservoirs basic utilities for the increase populations.

Go out on Hwy 7, when you get to Nongprue, turn your head and look at the number of structure that look like mini sport complexes, they are all built for the Chinese tour group.  Future project already approved is the stupid Tram service

Stop now these stupid project and stop the shit of wasting the Thai people money!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1