Cost of live pigs for slaughter/processing

Brewster67

Hi..

I am looking for information which is as up to date as possible for the farm gate price of live pigs ready for slaughter/processing. On say a 100KG pig or the average price on the live kilo.

Also what would be good to know is what the average weight they go to slaughter in Thailand and if anyone has information on processor fees here?

What is the most common breed of pigs used for meat in Thailand?

Finally, what is the average % of live pigs is yielded into cuts considering this varies from breed to breed?

I am not expecting to get all these questions answered, but i never underestimate the genius of the collective forum. :)

I would be tremendously grateful for any help from you, and i thank you sincerely for you help in advance.

Chok Dee ;)

Edited by Brewster67

google for the price in different Provences....

around us udon thani from what the wifes says... 100 ish kg pig around 50-53 baht per kg. if fed shop bought feed that is.... culling sows 150kg - 300kg 30-35 baht per kg. sister in law was offered 40 baht the other week on some pigs all under 70kg mix of shop feed and other.... she did not sell.... sell local to the death/ marry brigade and the price will be higher on any sort of pig... or the local drive buy buyers/ sellers who will buy as low as pos and sell back as high as pos......

a good farm will sell for slaughter at between 100/120kg. 120/140  ish days of age, some quicker some slower...

breeds of pigs, a lot of farm use either 2 or 3 blood lines....

large white, pietrain, duroc and landrace are popular.... again google and you shall find.

The KO%, killing out percent , with a pig is about  72%,or 72 % you can eat and 28%  you can not ,but this figure is from the west ,here in  LOS,I would say  the figure would be higher ,as the Thai's will  eat most things.

I was told as  a student you can eat  all of a pig ,bar the squeak .

As KO% and breeds, not certain ,but I would say  Large White and Landrace  KO% would  be a few points higher than other breeds.

As has been said , look at Google.