Scores of women, transvestites arrested for selling sex services in Pattaya

webfact

Scores of women, transvestites arrested for selling sex services

By The Nation

PATTAYA: -- Tourist police late on Wednesday rounded up 36 Thai women, 19 foreign women, and six Thai transvestites for alleged solicitation in Pattaya.

The tourist police, led by acting tourist police chief Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, patrolled the Pattaya Beach, Jomtien Beach and Pattaya Walking Street late Wednesday night and arrested the women and transvestites found trying to lure foreigners to buy their sex services.

Surachet held a press conference at 1.30am to announce the arrests.

He said police also searched several spots and arrested 11 teenagers for abusing drugs and seized a small amount of crystal meth.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327901

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-28

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Selling sex in Pattaya, !!Good heavens !! Whatever next?

it must have been a 1minute bike ride,only nabbing a total of 61.where were the other 61                                THOUSAND.

50 prostitutes rounded up in Pattaya prostitution bust

By Thai PBS

280905.jpg

A combined force of police and soldiers rounded up 50 prostitutes in the prostitution crackdown in Pattaya on Thursday (Sept 28).

The crackdown began in the early morning after midnight on the beach roads in Pattaya, Jomthien beach and Pattaya Walking Street.

Of the 50 prostitutes arrested, they included Thais and foreigners.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/50-prostitutes-rounded-pattaya-prostitution-bust/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-28

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

A combined force of police and soldiers rounded up 50 prostitutes

A mere drop in the bucket. I guess these were all walkers and not associated with any bars? Because we all know that bar-girls are not prostitutes...right?

3 hours ago, petermik said:

"luring foreigners to buy their sex services"

meaning thais never participate................:sad:

not in those areas with those participants, Thai men get a much better deal elsewhere. I am told this, it may not be true but I believe it to be.

A "click bait" comment has been removed from this thread in accordance with the following from the Forum Rules:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm sure that's 36 families and children going without food tonight. Well done. If you don't want them then have jobs that pay real wages in Thailand. 

Well I hope the other 19 foreigners and 6 Transvestites were suitably grateful for the luncheon vouchers 

Tourist police late on Wednesday rounded up 36 Thai women, 19 foreign women, and six Thai transvestites for alleged solicitation in Pattaya.

The tourist police, led by acting tourist police chief Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, patrolled the Pattaya Beach, Jomtien Beach and Pattaya Walking Street late Wednesday night and arrested the women and transvestites found trying to lure foreigners to buy their sex services.

looks like the chief of police is trying to justify his job.

AFAIK, they can only give them a 100 baht fine for loitering - as far as Thais are concerned.

I was in Pattaya last week first time for about a year and have never seen so many girls/ladies along Beach Road waiting for business including Africans. It actually made me chuckle as the Tourist Police were set up along there as usual and we happily laughing and chatting away to many of them.............then you read this. 

The rules obviously change on a daily basis.