Recommendation for hotel with early check-in (8 AM)

lkn

Looking for a hotel with early check-in (8 AM) in the 3-6,000 baht price range, preferably with executive lounge access.

Area is not overly important, as long as it’s within 1-2 km of BTS or less than 300 meter to an MRT station.

It is the early check-in that is important, the places I usually stay want me to book an extra night, if I want to check-in before 2 or 3 PM, which I might end up doing, but as I often come into BKK early morning, I wanted to know if there was a good hotel with a more customer friendly check-in policy, as perhaps it’s time to find a new favorite hotel.

This is a tricky question, as you can probably well understand.

Best bet is for you to check for the following:

- somewhere you have stayed before as a regular, where they know you and you can ask them to check you in early

- anywhere that isn't full, where they will allow early check-in at the discretion of the front desk staff on the day

- make a shortlist of places you are interested in by location and price. google for their direct email, and write a nice email asking if they will allow an early unpaid check-in

Bit difficult to recommend somewhere that has previously done an early check in without knowing the specific area you want so stay - your mention of anywhere on the BTS or near MRT is a very broad range of places

Good luck

One tip that has worked for me in the past.

Have contacted hotels just before arrival, and told them my flight was changed to an earlier flight.

It gave them an understandable reason to let me check in early.  Worked some of the time

cheers

I'm a Gold member at Starwood (ALOFT, Le Meridien, Sheraton, etc.)  They offer check in whenever your room is ready, even 8AM, but a gamble as few rooms will be serviced before 10 or 11 AM. Check out can be extended to 4PM.

Nothing worse after an all night flight to be denied check in to late afternoon. I need a nap! As others have posted best thing is to book the night before and let the Hotel know you will be checking in very late! Some places will require prepayment of this option.

As others have posted best thing is to book the night before and let the Hotel know you will be checking in very late!

Agree 100%. Don’t hassle hotel staff looking for a freebie. Just pay more (without making up stories as one suggested) and book the night before.

17 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Agree 100%. Don’t hassle hotel staff looking for a freebie. Just pay more (without making up stories as one suggested) and book the night before.

You mean as I suggested of course.  Never said I made it up. Just said my early arrivals only worked some of the time.

Gave advice relevant to the OP.

You mean as I suggested of course.  Never said I made it up. Just said my early arrivals only worked some of the time.

Gave advice relevant to the OP.

Stop your childish bickering. Read the posts again. A NUMBER of posters have suggested it best that the OP just book the night before. Get it?

5 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Stop your childish bickering. Read the posts again. A NUMBER of posters have suggested it best that the OP just book the night before. Get it?

Woah!  Who's being childish? Angry much?

OP asked for options where he would not have to pay for the night before. I offered some considered solutions.

Settle down.

Woah!  Who's being childish? Angry much?

OP asked for options where he would not have to pay for the night before. I offered some considered solutions.

Settle down.

YOU clearly are the one wanting to bicker by selecting my post only (instead of the others who I agree with) to criticise with childish sarcasm.

14 minutes ago, Gregster said:

YOU clearly are the one wanting to bicker by selecting my post only (instead of the others who I agree with) to criticise with childish sarcasm.

Read the OP again. Honestly, you really need to settle down. Angriest poster I've seen in a long while.

9 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

This is a tricky question, as you can probably well understand.

Best bet is for you to check for the following:

- somewhere you have stayed before as a regular, where they know you and you can ask them to check you in early

This is the advice I would give (above) (I added the bold type)

We have a hotel we really like in Ao Nang that has HUGE rooms.  
We have 2 kids, so in the past, we had to book 2 rooms. 
Now, we have the manager's phone number and call her first and explain who we are and that we would like only one room for the 4 of us (something not possible on the various hotel dot com etc. websites)

She is glad to accommodate our wishes.  

If you are a good enough customer, a smart manager would be glad to accommodate yours.

Read the OP again. Honestly, you really need to settle down. Angriest poster I've seen in a long while.

No not angry at all. Just not impressed with your forum behaviour about how you ignored other posters (who posted similar suggestions to the OP) and instead targeted my post only.

5 hours ago, Gregster said:

No not angry at all. Just not impressed with your forum behaviour about how you ignored other posters (who posted similar suggestions to the OP) and instead targeted my post only.

He asked what Hotels can he check in Early.. He has had no replies with names of Hotels so his question has not been answered.. What Don't you get about that??

17 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Pay for an extra Day for 4 hours are you for real??

yes ....  you think the hotel is going to say ' yes check in anytime ' 8.00am is ok. that's why they have a sign stuck on the door and when you sign in .. check in is 12.00am check out is 11.00am.

as i said ....  hotel rooms are not free .... they can rent the room for an extra day so why are they going to give another 4 hrs free ... 

it won't happen.

how I would do it in Bangkok as someone who has stayed at 300+ hotels all over Asia:

Make a shortlist of hotels that suit your needs, should be 5-6 at least.

Do NOT book in advance (this means you most likely cannot do that during peak season, X-Mas, NYE, CNY a.s.o.).

When you have arrived at the airport, start calling the hotels. Tell them you would like to book a room but need to check in immediately. Most hotels will check whether there are rooms unoccupied and if there are (which is very very likely), then MOST hotels will agree to let you check in very early - they want BUSINESS, after all, and an unoccupied room means NO BUSINESS. Ask for the name of the receptionist you are talking to in case there is some misunderstanding upon arrival. This has worked for me in many cases.

Oh, and yes, there ARE hotels that will let you check in as early as 8 am or even 6 am if you have a booking already.

It is even a very common occurrence at places where guests frequently arrive in the wee hours (from night Buses usually), such as Mandalay or Siem Reap. There is no reason to NOT allow a guest to check in early if the room is unoccupied. Hotels who do NOT allow that should not be in business, as they have no understanding what "hospitality" means. The managers there should rather work at a government office or as a prison warden

how I would do it in Bangkok as someone who has stayed at 300+ hotels all over Asia:

Make a shortlist of hotels that suit your needs, should be 5-6 at least.
Do NOT book in advance (this means you most likely cannot do that during peak season, X-Mas, NYE, CNY a.s.o.).
When you have arrived at the airport, start calling the hotels. Tell them you would like to book a room but need to check in immediately. Most hotels will check whether there are rooms unoccupied and if there are (which is very very likely), then MOST hotels will agree to let you check in very early - they want BUSINESS, after all, and an unoccupied room means NO BUSINESS. Ask for the name of the receptionist you are talking to in case there is some misunderstanding upon arrival. This has worked for me in many cases.

Oh, and yes, there ARE hotels that will let you check in as early as 8 am or even 6 am if you have a booking already.
It is even a very common occurrence at places where guests frequently arrive in the wee hours (from night Buses usually), such as Mandalay or Siem Reap. There is no reason to NOT allow a guest to check in early if the room is unoccupied. Hotels who do NOT allow that should not be in business, as they have no understanding what "hospitality" means. The managers there should rather work at a government office or as a prison warden

The things some tight @rses will do to save a buck.

Sad.

17 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Calling 5 or 6 hotels upon arrival at an airport at 6am after an overnight flight is...”good advice” ?

Will be spending 30-40 minutes in the taxi, so making a few phone calls will just make the time pass faster. Though with the numbers already on the phone, we’re talking about what, 3 minutes?

And it’s not really about “saving a buck”, just picking a hotel with a policy that match my needs. I have recently started to use hotels in the Hilton group because of a general good experience, but when I wrote Conrad in BKK and told I wanted an Executive Corner Suite but was arriving early, and they replied that check in is 3 p.m. and I should book an extra night, if I wanted to check in earlier, I figured I should look into alternative hotels (though they did say I could use the executive lounge before 3 p.m.).

A friend has previously mentioned that with his preferred chain, he gets the room for 24 hours from the time of check in, the time of day is up to him. But based on this thread, it does not seem hotels in Bangkok have an official policy of allowing early check ins, at least not free of charge, as another hotel I wrote replied that I could check in at 8 a.m. if the room was available, but the fee would be 100% of the room rate.