Best Truck Ford or Toyota!

Duaned

6 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Thats nice, not sure why you qouted me though.

because you brought up Isuzu:

The BT-50 may still gave some Ford parts in it but that is only because it is based on the T6 platform, you can be sure when the new BT-50 is released there will be none as it will be an Izuzu pickup.

Izuzu and GM split as well so I doubt there is much Izuzu content in the Colorado.

Edited by LannaGuy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had several card,to drive in the past 5 years.

Based on 9 Fortuner, 12 Vigo in that time The fords we have had as well the mitsubishi are more reliable and less problems.

Also spare part is lesser problem as we found out with toyota.

.of course all brand have problems.

But based in the oast 5 years between ford and toyota.

Ford it is

On 10/16/2017 at 10:19 AM, Jack james said:

I owned a Tundra in the US and my friend is on his 3rd. They are great! Had a ranger, fuel pump went out in no time. Chevy same thing. Known for losing fuel pumps. Ford early brake pad wear. Not a fan.

Could not believe when I found out Ford puts non ceramic brakes on their new Mustangs. Prolly the case w/ the rest as well. Cheap F###S

Edited by XBroker

13 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Have had several card,to drive in the past 5 years.

Based on 9 Fortuner, 12 Vigo in that time The fords we have had as well the mitsubishi are more reliable and less problems.

Also spare part is lesser problem as we found out with toyota.

.of course all brand have problems.

But based in the oast 5 years between ford and toyota.

Ford it is

I would be interested to know what problems you had with the Toyota rides, just for my gray cells.:stoner:

Anyone saying a tiyota us just tryung to make themselves feel better. Ok trsditionally it is true they held there vslue better. That eas before. I think it will be different in the future. Check our real test comparisons forf is better in all catagories. A while back i bought a 3 year old ford and my bro bought a brand nee vigo . I was taking jt off road over cazy mountain tracks all the time . The one time bro tryied yo follow me in his newer truch he burnt out his clutch. And gearbox. After 3 years his motor sounded Luke an old truck while my ford being older might have had a little less speed butvsounder smooth. I later got an Everest and it was amazing and well over spec compared to any of the other makes. Power comfort features. I tested drive them all it didnt loose
hardly any value in the several year I owned it dispite my wife crashing it several times and driving into a lake

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, epicstuff said:

Anyone saying a tiyota us just tryung to make themselves feel better. Ok trsditionally it is true they held there vslue better. That eas before. I think it will be different in the future. Check our real test comparisons forf is better in all catagories. A while back i bought a 3 year old ford and my bro bought a brand nee vigo . I was taking jt off road over cazy mountain tracks all the time . The one time bro tryied yo follow me in his newer truch he burnt out his clutch. And gearbox. After 3 years his motor sounded Luke an old truck while my ford being older might have had a little less speed butvsounder smooth. I later got an Everest and it was amazing and well over spec compared to any of the other makes. Power comfort features. I tested drive them all it didnt loose
hardly any value in the several year I owned it dispite my wife crashing it several times and driving into a lake

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

May I suggest a clutch burnout may well be down to the driver, also a clutch that is worn and then taken off road may well finish it off...

Folk in LOS buy Toyota  and Isuzu because of reliability, not gizmo's..:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Is there a TV award for the most BS in one thread? This one would surely win.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Not a chance. The three separate threads about the Brit pensioner attacking a Thai with a machete is going to walk it in.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:24 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

And Toyota far better resale values by a country mile

Service centers everywhere, fast service, and can resell in a short time. I've seen some old toyota pickups (and isuzu) for sale for ridiculous prices. Thais have a certain mindset about toyota and it has been hard to shake and they are your main customer base when one sells. 

Buying second hand, I'd look at the ranger/everest. Once ford sorts out its customer service they will do better. They lag behind H and T. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Service centers everywhere, fast service, and can resell in a short time. I've seen some old toyota pickups (and isuzu) for sale for ridiculous prices. Thais have a certain mindset about toyota and it has been hard to shake and they are your main customer base when one sells. 

Buying second hand, I'd look at the ranger/everest. Once ford sorts out its customer service they will do better. They lag behind H and T. 

A friend of mine took his Ford Focus in to a dealership for replacement of front bearings. They phone him and tell him the power steering is leaking, whole unit needs to be replaced, 41,000 baht. He doesn't know much about cars, so he phones me. I tell him to get another quote.

The second mechanic ( not a Ford dealership ), can't find any leak, or anything wrong with the power steering.

I know it's only one anecdote; however, there does seem to be a few stories on TV about dealerships overservicing, or flat-out ripping people off.

21 hours ago, bazza73 said:

A friend of mine took his Ford Focus in to a dealership for replacement of front bearings. They phone him and tell him the power steering is leaking, whole unit needs to be replaced, 41,000 baht. He doesn't know much about cars, so he phones me. I tell him to get another quote.

The second mechanic ( not a Ford dealership ), can't find any leak, or anything wrong with the power steering.

I know it's only one anecdote; however, there does seem to be a few stories on TV about dealerships overservicing, or flat-out ripping people off.

Once out of warranty it's better to find an independent garage to deal with these problems - if they exist:)  

22 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Even on Thai forums, Fords problem is endless. I would avoid Ford unless they sort out their problems and customer service.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:50 PM, Bob12345 said:

Toyota by a mile.

I would never buy a Ford with its limited service (spare parts more expensive, barely any garage coverage, crappy service)

Yeah, I admire the durability and reliability of Toyota cars. Rav4 and Honda Civic are the best cars I ever had. As for looks and mods, hands down on Ford F150 and Raptor. One close buddy in Florida got a nice Raptor with cool forged wheels and 33" MT tires. Totally a beast on the trail.

2 hours ago, pattayaX said:

Yeah, I admire the durability and reliability of Toyota cars. Rav4 and Honda Civic are the best cars I ever had. As for looks and mods, hands down on Ford F150 and Raptor. One close buddy in Florida got a nice Raptor with cool forged wheels and 33" MT tires. Totally a beast on the trail.

There is a "raptor ranger" coming to Thailand next year. There will be a new "ecoblue" engine as well. http://www.headlightmag.com/teaser-ford-ranger-raptor-t6-coming-soon-2018/

16 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

How's things in 2011?

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

The cars I own are 2006 and 1989 vintage, so I can't help you there.

I have sat in the latest Fortuner and Pajero, and I'm quite amazed vehicles that are so large on the outside are so cramped for space on the inside.

18 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

The cars I own are 2006 and 1989 vintage, so I can't help you there.

I have sat in the latest Fortuner and Pajero, and I'm quite amazed vehicles that are so large on the outside are so cramped for space on the inside.

They appear big because they are high. I think the length and width of them are similar to an accord/camry. Th pickups are definitely longer though. Just drove through some flooded road in my lowered civic lat night. makes me want an SUV more now:) I can be unnerving when you don't know the depth of the water. 

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

They appear big because they are high. I think the length and width of them are similar to an accord/camry. Th pickups are definitely longer though. Just drove through some flooded road in my lowered civic lat night. makes me want an SUV more now:) I can be unnerving when you don't know the depth of the water. 

If you don't know the depth of water, you should not be driving through it. Is that hard to understand?