Above 315kmh: Benz unveils latest hot wheels for Thailand

webfact

Above 315kmh: Benz unveils latest hot wheels for Thailand

By The Nation

f4f220ce3c5761f7a6b39d242b1683eb.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz is hoping to pick up orders in Thailand for its facelifted Mercedes-AMG GT R and GT C sports cars. Officially introduced in Bangkok on Monday, the two models will be showcased at the Mercedes-Benz booth at the Motor Expo at the end of this month.

Prices start at Bt17.4 million for the 585-horsepower GT R, dubbed "Best of Green Hell" due to its outstanding performance at the Nurburgring, and Bt16.8 million for the 558hp GT C, which comes with a convertible soft top.

Both models have a twin-turbo V8 engine with a displacement of 4.0 litres and seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. 

They accelerate from 0-100 kilometres per hour in under four seconds, and reach speeds over 315kmh.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of AMG, which was found by two engineers in Affalterbach, Germany, in 1967. 

Daimler AG took a controlling interest in 1999 and became the sole owner in 2005.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Auto_ADO/30332049

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-20

4 hours ago, Jdietz said:

There are still large tracts of Deutsche Autobahn with no speed limits. Completely legal and infrastructure is in place to quickly sweep up the wrecks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_Germany

The AutoStarde in Italy is very loosely police in regards to speed limits as well. The only time I spoke with a police officer was to be told I couldn’t stop on the side of the freeway and that if I wanted to go fast stick to the left lane 

4FE87E91-D23F-4067-9429-76ECC2B07BC6.jpeg

13 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Where can people drive these cars legally at such high speeds ?

Are there dedicated race tracks for this, or are the main roads used ?

The number 32 at night is a good run, just beware of the odd U-turn and slow down appropriately - they will not expect you coming at 300km/h.

16 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Where can people drive these cars legally at such high speeds ?

Are there dedicated race tracks for this, or are the main roads used ?

Route 7 between Bangkok and Pattaya.....you see the rich kids racing each other at very high speeds weaving through the traffic.....immune of course from any consequences of their reckless driving. I saw two racers in Lamborghinis speed past a marked police patrol car on the stretch of road between Chon Buri and Suvarnabhumi....the cop didn't give chase but pulled over a pick up truck for no obvious reason.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Route 7 between Bangkok and Pattaya.....you see the rich kids racing each other at very high speeds weaving through the traffic.....immune of course from any consequences of their reckless driving. I saw two racers in Lamborghinis speed past a marked police patrol car on the stretch of road between Chon Buri and Suvarnabhumi....the cop didn't give chase but pulled over a pick up truck for no obvious reason.

The patrol cars here do not have high powered v8 engines, the only vehicles they can catch is a pickup and a old worn out one only, newer models can leave them for dead

I've been in a Volvo Estate on the Chonburi m/way at 220 kph. But that was some years ago when the traffic was lighter. 

Doesn't matter how fast your car is the Foundation guys belching black smoke will get there first!