Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

After 10 days a Bar singer. No Thank you If she thinks a dowery is more important than love and marriage then

this girl is a bad deal

I have been with my Thai wife now for more than 12 years She is  28 years younger than me She never asked for a dowery

Find another dude

"Find another dude"

I don't think dudes are on his wish list, but, then again, TIT and some dudes are pretty stunning here.

�ล�าร���หารู�ภา�สำหรั� thai ladyboys

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

After 10 days a Bar singer. No Thank you If she thinks a dowery is more important than love and marriage then

this girl is a bad deal

I have been with my Thai wife now for more than 12 years She is  28 years younger than me She never asked for a dowery

Find another dude

This girl's family obviously think they found another farang sucker. She's poor, and yet they were asking for a 500,000 Baht dowry? She's only worth 50,000 at most and that's what he already gave her. Seriously, she looks like a nice girl and all but she's a typical ex-hooker type.

I can half understand a middle class Chinese-Thai family wanting say a million Baht dowry or a wealthy family asking for a 5-10 million dowry, but where does this family come off thinking their status is anywhere near the middle or upper classes?

Similarly, I think the face she made when they had to move into that apartment above the storage facility was a bit too much. Some pretty high expectations from someone who has probably never known what space and a private bedroom were like, until she went to America.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched every episode.  David was continuously mooching money for a friend and would still be if it wasn't for the friends wife putting a stop to it.  Last episode they were living at his friends Storage Rental facility.   Chanoknat needs to RUN!  

• 1 month later...

You have got to be crazy even thinking to marry a bar singer , never mind a dowry . The only thing she is interested in is getting as much money and gold out of you as she can . Bar singers are not for marriage , they are for short time , you don't find good wives in bars or resorts . I married an Isaan head teacher of a school 12 years ago , we went to the Amphur alone , no party or dowry . I had bought some gold 2 years before and I largely rebuilt her house . If you haven't the money for a dowry , thank your stars and move one . There is a saying " Why Buy The Loaf , When You Can Have A Slice For Free ", That is the best way in Thailand .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Toscano said:

The only thing she is interested in is getting as much money and gold out of you as she can . Bar singers are not for marriage , they are for short time , you don't find good wives in bars or resorts . 

You can't know what's in her heart. Have you seen the videos? She knew long before they even left Thailand the guy was a financial loser. I suspect there was more to it than just the normal expectations of foreigner taking care of woman. Yeah there is that too, obviously it's part of the culture.

But the language that you use implies that the Thai are merely objects for your consumption and not complex human beings with feelings. And that is narrow-minded and offensive.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

You can't know what's in her heart. Have you seen the videos? She knew long before they even left Thailand the guy was a financial loser. I suspect there was more to it than just the normal expectations of foreigner taking care of woman. Yeah there is that too, obviously it's part of the culture.

But the language that you use implies that the Thai are merely objects for your consumption and not complex human beings with feelings. And that is narrow-minded and offensive.

No she did not know , as he always made up excuses and always borrowed money from his friend . Just like most hookers if not most Thai , she believed  it was a “show” he was putting on where in fact he has money as all foreigners are rich but some are tight asses.

On top of that she was paid by the producers to be on the show, something like $1000 per  month and some per episode. 

Last thing she expected that she would be living in a storage unit but even the storage unit is better than her house in Isaan 

33 minutes ago, BestB said:

No she did not know , as he always made up excuses and always borrowed money from his friend . Just like most hookers if not most Thai , she believed  it was a “show” he was putting on where in fact he has money as all foreigners are rich but some are tight asses.

You can certainly guess all you like, but guessing you are.

I casually watched some of this and it was clear to me the casual observer. No doubt she was paying more attention than I was.

The guy was a broke drunk when they met and it was obvious before they ever left Thailand.

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Is there perhaps a fund into which we can chip in and help this unfortunate couple in their hour of need? Her bank account would be the best bet as it’d save a fortune on transfer charges and exchange rates 

Not to mention the sloppy drunk would drink it all away before the ink on the check dries.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

The irony.......Cos mine is different. 

That's what is always is, no?

Those who are the most negatively critical of Thai women are with the ones who either have been played the role of atm to them or the ones trying to justify the "mine is different" girlfriend.

Edited by YogaVeg

2 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

You can certainly guess all you like, but guessing you are.

I casually watched some of this and it was clear to me the casual observer. No doubt she was paying more attention than I was.

The guy was a broke drunk when they met and it was obvious before they ever left Thailand.

Aww you casually watched but I am guessing ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Aww you casually watched but I am guessing ????

Correct. It didn't take me long to figure out the guy is a broke drunk slob, it's obvious.

I don't pretend to be a mystic and know what either of them are feeling. I am simply expressing an outside observation. See the difference?

2 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Correct. It didn't take me long to figure out the guy is a broke drunk slob, it's obvious.

I don't pretend to be a mystic and know what either of them are feeling. I am simply expressing an outside observation. See the difference?

So how did you figure out he was a drunk? When he only drank at his bachelor party and  at friends house once

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toscano said:

You have got to be crazy even thinking to marry a bar singer , never mind a dowry . The only thing she is interested in is getting as much money and gold out of you as she can . Bar singers are not for marriage , they are for short time , you don't find good wives in bars or resorts . I married an Isaan head teacher of a school 12 years ago , we went to the Amphur alone , no party or dowry . I had bought some gold 2 years before and I largely rebuilt her house . If you haven't the money for a dowry , thank your stars and move one . There is a saying " Why Buy The Loaf , When You Can Have A Slice For Free ", That is the best way in Thailand .

It is not made clear what they meant by bar singer, karaoke, café, in a band or cabaret. Singers are not prostitutes, although some in karaoke may be. They are no less likely to be of low moral standards than a head teacher and many singers that I have known, and bar girls have been more intelligent than educational workers I have met who tend to be as dull as the jobs they perform.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

....and unfortunately, all to commonplace. 

This manufactured superiority complex is more than a bit fanciful.

55 minutes ago, BestB said:

So how did you figure out he was a drunk? When he only drank at his bachelor party and  at friends house once

Was that his bachelor party when they were still in Thailand and she was upset about his drinking? That was the first flag, he looked like a drunk out-of-control, completely insensitive and clearly three sheets to the wind.

It was already a problem.

I didn't even watch the show that closely, and I heard her and his own family talk about it several times being an issue, she does not like him when he drinks. Who can blame her? What's to like?

Then at his friend's barbecue now that was one sorry excuse for a human being. Soused and a nasty sloppy insulting mess.

No doubt it's the tip of the iceberg for that guy. I bet he drinks more than he can handle on a daily basis.

The guy probably needs professional help as he appears to be a selfish drunken mess who can't control himself and supposedly recovered from a stroke! Drinking like that? Self-destructive Behavior.

Not to mention he refuses to work and mooches off of everybody he can...

Biggest clue: watch his children. The children know the parents the best.

She got the short end of that deal and she should run like hell.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it was all fake like a Jerry Springer kind of deal...

Edited by YogaVeg