Tourists warned to respect Thai culture - two who showed their butts at Wat Arun arrested

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Typical 'out gay western men" ,they think their special. They disgust me. I hope the Thai authorities come down very hard on them and ban them from returning to the kingdom.

“Come down very hard on them ...” 

oh the irony.

While I agree totally with the disgust expressed here, the usual calibre/social attitudes/level of intolerance and xenophobia that seems to be the norm on these strings makes me suspicious that the expression of disgust here is more a reflection of their being Gay than their disrespect for Thai culture or law.

TV strings are usually NOT a testament to respect for local culture.

...and no, I am not Gay....

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me.

6 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Typical 'out gay western men" ,they think their special. They disgust me. I hope the Thai authorities come down very hard on them and ban them from returning to the kingdom.

I personally have no probs with gay folk, they have a life the same as you and me, but if Mrs.Trans and I were to drop our pants at a religious site it would be exactly the same, offensive and being disrespectful..Soooo, those of us with half a brain would not do that stuff..

Perhaps these two want the pic for their gay chums for a laugh, sure l don't know, but l do know they made a big mistake, gay or otherwise they are retards that really should stick to fast food car parks where they come from..

So they pay 5,000 baht and they are on their way. I have visited Wat Arun many times and know that it is an infamous place for scammers and touts, is that the tradition we are supposed to follow? These guys showed their ass in public hardly an act that hurt anyone, but all the TV angry old men will have them hung for it. How dare they do something other than sit around in hooker bars getting shit faced on crap beer - respect the culture you homos!

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I personally have no probs with gay folk, they have a life the same as you and me, but if Mrs.Trans and I were to drop our pants at a religious site it would be exactly the same, offensive and being disrespectful..Soooo, those of us with half a brain would not do that stuff..

Perhaps these two want the pic for their gay chums for a laugh, sure l don't know, but l do know they made a big mistake, gay or otherwise they are retards that really should stick to fast food car parks where they come from..

Glad to see that you didn't shoot the pics, mate!!  :post-4641-1156694083:

1 minute ago, dictater said:

So they pay 5,000 baht and they are on their way. I have visited Wat Arun many times and know that it is an infamous place for scammers and touts, is that the tradition we are supposed to follow? These guys showed their ass in public hardly an act that hurt anyone, but all the TV angry old men will have them hung for it. How dare they do something other than sit around in hooker bars getting shit faced on crap beer - respect the culture you homos!

I disagree, Chang is quite a nice beer , its won a few awards

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Neither , I just think that its inappropriate to take a photo of your bum at a Temple

Very odd, the sudden avalanche here of respect for Thai culture and Buddhism...Now...what is different in THIS item compaired to those many others that usually get a thumbs up??

The parties in question are gay??  NNAAAAAAWWWW......

5 minutes ago, johnhw said:

Very odd, the sudden avalanche here of respect for Thai culture and Buddhism...Now...what is different in THIS item compaired to those many others that usually get a thumbs up??

The parties in question are gay??  NNAAAAAAWWWW......

Most people would have the same reaction , if they were not gay .

Although as their bottoms are used for sex,that does exacerbate the situation somewhat

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

14 pages and 208 (and counting) comments just for two exposed butts!

Incredible!

Two exposed GAY butts is what's fueling this response, NOT any respect for local culture (which would be a first for this site)

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Although as their bottoms are used for sex,that does exacerbate the situation somewhat

Heterosexuals don’t engage in anal sex? 

Your posts are disingenuous ... you’ve got nothing against gay people you are just outraged at the sleight to Thai culture and Buddhism? If you don’t like gay people at least have the courage to say so.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

You don't think that showing your bare anus off in public and photographing it at an important religious center is disrespectful?

Each to their own.

Most countries have public decency laws.

If it was cheeks spread, "Are my teeth clean?" sort of photography then yes, I would be offended.

But offended at the foreground and not the backdrop.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

......that does exacerbate the situation somewhat.....

Agreed, only argue that on these strings, the 'acerbation' 'is an avalanche

I bet they wouldn't do it in front of a Mosque at prayer time you wouldn't have to call the police just an ambulance,

I dont believe it's got anything to do with being Gay straight people would have been arrested also.

But I do believe they will play the Gay card for sympathy