Two American tourists fined 5000 Baht for 'butt selfie' at Thai temple

webfact

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

They were about 800 metres away from the wat. I don't think they were on wat grounds. 

Offensive clothing; public nudity!!!!!!!!! Only a couple of years ago bare-breasted ladies were the norm in Isaan.

A gentle explanation of what not to do near a wat, 'bon voyage' and on your way lads would be enough.

The so easily offended religious nutters were were just jealous 'cause the Americans were much taller than them.

And just where is The Don when he is most needed??

well looked like they were on the grounds in that photo. so if they weren't that would have still been an arrest and bigger fine in most countries. we don't want to see your <deleted> boys. keep it to yourselves

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Tough crowd we have here today :smile:

I think they are anti-gay butt people............still it was a rediculous fine, should be a lot more to advertise they won't put up with this behavior at their relgious sites - like the Chinese taking a dump near Doi Sutthep in Chiang Mai, 500baht fine, should have been 5000.

I am very surprised (positively) from the authorities in this case. I followed it since it came out last Sunday and even if I find the pictures disgusting and stupid to do such thing in sacred places I have to say that the 5.000 baht fines is much more proportional to the gravity of what they did to many other wishes of fine that other people (and mainly wannabe Thai expats) suggested. 

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

TI.jpg?itok=szcuDzs2

Meet the DaSilva husband and wife team from California.

Try to avoid them now you know what they look like.

did not know they were homosexuals, they may have been trolling for the" business." i am sure that some "lady" boys would love to try them out.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

They are ill-mannered idiots.

Take their cash and toss them out. And don't ever let them back in.

Yeah, largely I agree but even ill-mannered idiots can reflect on their actions and improve themselves. 

"...don't ever let them back in..." is a very harsh punishment for what is arguably, a victimless 'crime.'

I think they got off lightly (assuming, of course, that the BIB can't/don't charge them with anything else).

I had hoped the fine would be higher... let's wait and see if some idiot opens a "gofundme" account for them to pay their fines... 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

50,000 fine should have been more like it, i'm sure they wouldn't have done that in the place they go to worship, what ever their

religion is...

Agree, 5000 baht would hardly be a day's pay to them. They should also have been banned from ever entering Thailand again.

Excellent result for moronic youths that think they can get away with any disgusting behaviour.

The American youth that got the cane in Singapore some years ago found out that he couldn't get away with bad behaviour either. Must be a shock to some youths that think they can do anything they like anywhere.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Excellent result for moronic youths that think they can get away with any disgusting behaviour.

The American youth that got the cane in Singapore some years ago found out that he couldn't get away with bad behaviour either. Must be a shock to some youths that think they can do anything they like anywhere.

38 year old “youths”