Hamas calls for Palestinian uprising against Israel.

snoop1130

Hamas calls for Palestinian uprising against Israel

2017-12-07T093005Z_1_LYNXMPEDB60NY_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-ISRAEL-INTIFADA.JPG

Hamas Chief Ismail Haniyeh gestures as he delivers a speech over U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, in Gaza City December 7, 2017. REUTERS/Mohammed Salem

GAZA (Reuters) - The powerful Palestinian Islamist group Hamas called on Thursday for a new uprising against Israel after U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.

"We should call for and we should work on launching an intifada in the face of the Zionist enemy," Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said in a speech in Gaza.

Haniyeh, elected the group's overall leader in May, urged Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs to hold rallies against the U.S decision on Friday, calling it a "day of rage".

"Let December 8 be the first day of the intifada against the occupier," he said.

Israel and the United States consider Hamas, which has fought three wars with Israel since 2007, a terrorist organisation. It does not recognise Israel's right to exist and its suicide bombings helped spearhead the last intifada, from 2000 to 2005.

"We have given instruction to all Hamas members and to all its wings to be fully ready for any new instructions or orders that may be given to confront this strategic danger that threatens Jerusalem and threatens Palestine," said Haniyeh.

"United Jerusalem is Arab and Muslim, and it is the capital of the state of Palestine, all of Palestine," he said, referring to territory including Israel as well as the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip and the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

Haniyeh called on Western-backed Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to withdraw from peacemaking with Israel and on Arabs to boycott the Trump administration.

"It should be announced that the so-called peace agreement was buried, once and for all, and that there is nothing called a partner for the Palestinians in peace," he said.

Trump reversed decades of U.S. policy to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, upsetting the Arab world and Western allies alike.

(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-7

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mcdiddly said:

A terrorist organization calling for more terrorism...  Who would have thought?

Yes, peasants sticking their heads up, literally, as well as up their butts, waiting for them to be kicked/blown off by the Israelis.....as they will be!

Some people just don't learn, and the clever know when to walk away from a stoush that is only going to go one way, and it's not their way.

4 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Yes, peasants sticking their heads up, literally, as well as up their butts, waiting for them to be kicked/blown off by the Israelis.....as they will be!

Some people just don't learn, and the clever know when to walk away from a stoush that is only going to go one way, and it's not their way.

Hamas' military wing is far from being only peasants.  They've been fighting in Syria for years.  Hardened soldiers.  With lots of weapons provided by Iran.

3451781881.jpg

11 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

(snip) This is going to end in tears for Palestinians, again.

Yes, but also for Israeli families if increased tempo of armed conflict. 

Against advice, both internal and external,  Trump made his policy change.  It would be interesting for someone in the current Administration to spell out in the public domain the benefits for the US, Israel and the region in general of the announcement.

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, unwise move from the US, but I don't see a general uprising happening right now.

Actually a very good move. If Hamas, Hezbollah et al. don't like it....  tough ! !   Why would we want to do those dictator terrorists any favours ? ? 

Recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, (which in reality it is and has been at least since 1948) is something that both Democratic and Republican presidents have been promising to do for decades.

Finally, Donald Trump kept is the president who kept the promise.    Shocking ? ?

As difficult as it may be to believe, Trump is simply acknowleging reality.

Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel since at least 1948 whether Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS, Al Quaeda and other terrorists, the Palestinian Authority and their international leftist friends like it or not.

I would add that: uprisings, battles and wars are horrible for other species, besides humans.  .....except that part of the world doesn't have much happening, in terms of other species of plants and animals.  That region has been decimated, environmentally, thousands of years ago.  Animals which exist, other than humans;  dogs, rats, chickens.  

Flora?  maybe some weed patches, and a few scraggly trees here and there.  

I hear that there's a gully heading out of Jerusalem.  It's chock full of human waste and trash.  Remind me again, what's worth fighting for in Jerusalem?  Oh yea, now I remember, there are some temples up on the higher elevations - where caretakers can't even agree on which parts of the floor to sweep or not to sweep.

11 hours ago, Morch said:

And what a wonderful diversion from troublesome issue of Hamas's weapons and military wing under the new Palestinian reconciliation effort.

What a wonderful diversion for Israel too. They can now dust off their favorite meme: we cannot talk a divided Palestinian partner or we cannot talk to a militarized Hamas.

Every time Hamas and the Palestinian Authority look like reconciling their differences, Israel throws a spanner in the works.

Hamas and PA settling their differences, peace talks with Israel about to start, then the pyromaniac Trump completely unnecessarily announces his Jerusalem move, despite advice it will cause trouble.

You'd have thought Trump or his puppet masters had planned it this way.

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Islam doing what Islam seems to do best ,cause fear and fighting all and sundry , when will they leave the middle ages and come into the modern world?

Probably about the same time all the other religions will....

31 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Probably about the same time all the other religions will....

Now enlighten me , what other main stream religions are constantly keeping women as inferior subjects ,what other religions are causing terror around the world , what other religions ,oh i give up its a waste of time ,those who wish to be blind will never see .

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Now enlighten me , what other main stream religions are constantly keeping women as inferior subjects ,what other religions are causing terror around the world , what other religions ,oh i give up its a waste of time ,those who wish to be blind will never see .

How about this.  Name one that doesn't cause problems.  At all.  Islam has problems just like all the other religions. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Christian terrorism

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/14/if-islam-is-a-religion-of-violence-so-is-christianity/

If Islam Is a Religion of Violence, So Is Christianity

The world’s oldest religions all have troubling histories of bloodshed. Singling out Islam is just Trump’s latest, hateful hypocrisy.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Hamas' military wing is far from being only peasants.  They've been fighting in Syria for years.  Hardened soldiers.  With lots of weapons provided by Iran.

3451781881.jpg

Hamas fighting in Syria for years? Probably mixing it up with Hezbollah.

32 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

How about this.  Name one that doesn't cause problems.  At all.  Islam has problems just like all the other religions. 

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/14/if-islam-is-a-religion-of-violence-so-is-christianity/

Yes the the thing is and read well All the worlds oldest religions have troubling "HISTORIES" and the main word for the other religions is history , in the past ,hundreds of years ago ,we left that all behind ,unlike Islam.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

I would add that: uprisings, battles and wars are horrible for other species, besides humans.  .....except that part of the world doesn't have much happening, in terms of other species of plants and animals.  That region has been decimated, environmentally, thousands of years ago.  Animals which exist, other than humans;  dogs, rats, chickens.  

Flora?  maybe some weed patches, and a few scraggly trees here and there.  

I hear that there's a gully heading out of Jerusalem.  It's chock full of human waste and trash.  Remind me again, what's worth fighting for in Jerusalem?  Oh yea, now I remember, there are some temples up on the higher elevations - where caretakers can't even agree on which parts of the floor to sweep or not to sweep.

Oh dear, opining yet again on environmental issues without having a real clue on the area in question. Not that it's even remotely on topic, but you're mistaken with regard to wildlife, of course. Not that things are thriving on this front, but not as desolate as your imagine. Same goes for flora and pollution.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Hamas fighting in Syria for years? Probably mixing it up with Hezbollah.

I was waiting for somebody to catch that.  Posting before my first cup of coffee is never a good idea.  With especially with eagle eyes such as yourself!!! 55555

:jap:

54 minutes ago, dexterm said:

What a wonderful diversion for Israel too. They can now dust off their favorite meme: we cannot talk a divided Palestinian partner or we cannot talk to a militarized Hamas.

Every time Hamas and the Palestinian Authority look like reconciling their differences, Israel throws a spanner in the works.

Hamas and PA settling their differences, peace talks with Israel about to start, then the pyromaniac Trump completely unnecessarily announces his Jerusalem move, despite advice it will cause trouble.

You'd have thought Trump or his puppet masters had planned it this way.

And you're in with the spin.

None of your standard nonsense seem to even address the two points acknowledged - namely, that the Palestinian are divided, and that the Hamas military wing is an issue. That the Palestinians themselves accept these points as being problematic shouldn't confuse you much - just facts, after all.

In case you are not up to date on where things stand with the current reconciliation effort, it sort of stalled on the same old grounds, without Israel being involved or even commenting all that much on the issue.

The PA and the Hamas were not anywhere near "settling their difference" other than in your imagination or propaganda posts.

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes the the thing is and read well All the worlds oldest religions have troubling "HISTORIES" and the main word for the other religions is history , in the past ,hundreds of years ago ,we left that all behind ,unlike Islam.

You did read about the problems being caused today?  The BS over in Myanmar, terrorism in Africa, and of course, the nut job religious zealots in the US and Europe...not Muslims.

15 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

There is no current equivalent. Not when it comes to scope. Not when it comes to exporting violence globally.

Other than a gift to his voting blocks I don't see how America benefits from Trumps move.  I see a lot of possible down sides for America and ask should America's foreign policy be dictated by  special interest groups or America's best interests?

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

3451781881.jpg

You and others confusing Hamas with Hezbollah, Hamas never fought

in Syria and they're not Lebanon protectors, 

But what the leaders of Hamas care? they live deep in sprawling well fortified  bunkers under a Gaza hospital, ( that's if the stay, usually they flee to Qatar with the ringing of the first shot,) and Israel will never bomb a hospital,

thousands will die, the city will lay in ruins and the west will comes in with billions in aid and donations which the leadership will pocket...Same al' Same al'

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

There is no current equivalent. Not when it comes to scope. Not when it comes to exporting violence globally.

Agreed.  But saying they are the only violent religion is not true.  Nor are they the only religion causing problems.

Agreed.  But saying they are the only violent religion is not true.  Nor are they the only religion causing problems.

Your right but its a bit like saying there are lots of ailments you can catch and a cold is as bad as cancer.i know which i would prefere to have

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app