Anyone else keep getting "signed out" by site?

thaibeachlovers

Every time I come on TVF I get logged out by the site, and always when I'm in the middle of posting something, so when I log in again I have to start over.

I do have the "remember me" box ticked, for all the good that does. 

Sometimes happens more than once a session.

VERY annoying, especially as I have to wait a while almost every time I post anything for something to happen, and often have to refresh the page.

Not forgetting the error messages.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

And/or check the browser settings to are set to enable them.

Oh yes those little ******* keep infesting my computer. I cleared them out a while back, but every site I ever looks at wants to spy on me. They multiply like rats on a Bkk street.

Definitely not a cookie setting problem. It's something that never used to happen to me back before the great TVF "upgrade" which seems to have caused all my problems. Never had any back in the good ol' days. Site was fast, worked well. Only thing I can see different now, apart from error 502 etc and having to wait and wait and wait, is being able to give a purple cup to someone if I really like their post. Not exactly a great trade.

I'm using Edge as Internet explorer is useless for TVF. It used to work perfectly, so I don't see why it would be that.

There are so many complaints about so many different things now it seems more likely to be something to do with the TVF upgrade than a tried and proven browser that I've used for years, especially when TVF is the only site I have trouble with.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:46 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Every time I come on TVF I get logged out by the site, and always when I'm in the middle of posting something,

It's the just the forum software A/I component called FIMPP. It automatically logs you out when it senses you are about to say something you'll regret later. FIMPP = Foot In Mouth Prevention Protocol

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm using Edge as Internet explorer is useless for TVF. It used to work perfectly, so I don't see why it would be that.

There are so many complaints about so many different things now it seems more likely to be something to do with the TVF upgrade than a tried and proven browser that I've used for years, especially when TVF is the only site I have trouble with.

Program settings and conditions can and do change.  As so far you are the only user writing with this that may indicate it is localized to your specific computer/browser. 

ThaiVisa Forum, like many other Web2.0 server applications, utilizes browser cookies to set and hold a token key representing your login details. If this token key is out of sync, or can't be written or updated, then the server won't recognize the user over time. 

If you have enabled any browser add-in / extensions then they may have updated in the background and blocked or corrupted javascript code the site relies upon to function. 

Part of the diagnostic routine is to try other browsers (Chrome, FireFox/Quantum, Opera, etc.) to see if the issue is browser, or more specifically, browser configuration or settings specific.