• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I find it really difficult to understand how someone could get so intense about something like this but takes all sorts. 

Better take it out on here than the pet cat I guess 

Here's a photo of Hubby and Mr. Bitey that I posted the first year I was in the running for POTY, after other contestants started posting photos of their families.  After the controversy this photo generated, it seems that Transam is the only one brave enough to post a photo of his (long suffering wife)

Hubby and Mr Bitey.jpgHubby with Mr. Bitey, my little family

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Here's a photo of Hubby and Mr. Bitey that I posted the first year I was in the running for POTY, after other contestants started posting photos of their families.  After the controversy this photo generated, it seems that Transam is the only one brave enough to post a photo of his (long suffering wife)

Suffering, like in suffering? 

19 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Where did you get the "Long suffering wife" from...?

You ain't been sitting next to a Scots bloke who waffles a lot up your way have you...?

laugh.gif.408466e74fdd4a41f0ecf365d26373b5.gif

56 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh dear, I think you're opening another can of worms there.

I hate that; when the round gets out of sequence.  

He's opened a can of worms, so you need to; then you're only half-way through yours and he feels he can't leave you drinking worms on your own, so he cracks open another... 

7 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I hate that; when the round gets out of sequence.  

He's opened a can of worms, so you need to; then you're only half-way through yours and he feels he can't leave you drinking worms on your own, so he cracks open another... 

My favourites are Wrigleys.

3 minutes ago, amvet said:

Having an election where no one knows when the polls close and some people get to vote twice sounds rather African doesn't it?

Dec 30th, assuming midnight but Scott needs to clarify. Voting twice was only permitted for those who voted initially for dead Dave.

Edited by grollies

10 minutes ago, grollies said:

Dec 30th, assuming midnight but Scott needs to clarify. Voting twice was only permitted for those who voted initially for dead Dave.

Well that makes sense.  They vote for dead people in Chicago I think.  Or maybe it's the dead people who vote.  I can never remember which it is.  

3 hours ago, baboon said:

You tried violating UN sanctions on the DPRK? Sending engine parts or something? 

3 hours ago, transam said:

No...Just My CD....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.c023fa44fbd99c6423521e57784885c2.gif

Right, well don't let me see you on World News complaining about their nuclear weapons program. No wonder they have the hump...

4 hours ago, sipi said:

I could name a hundred worthy nominees. White Christmas and Gecko being just a few.  But we can only nominate three and it is well known that we gather here once a year.  I think I nominated both Colin and Trans this year but can't remember. It's irrelevant anyway.

Yes, you nominated the two front runners.  Future nominees should keep that in mind as we seem to have a campaign manager who knows his stuff.  

1 hour ago, grollies said:

Yup, Dec. 30th at midnight (Thai Time).   That will give the new winner enough time to go out and by the huge amounts of alcohol for the big party....or to tell everyone to Pee-off....like a real politician would do!

38 minutes ago, baboon said:

Right, well don't let me see you on World News complaining about their nuclear weapons program. No wonder they have the hump...

I am surprised there is more interest in Baboon.   He may be our only member who is able to bring Peace to the Korean Peninsula!

6 minutes ago, Scott said:

I am surprised there is more interest in Baboon.   He may be our only member who is able to bring Peace to the Korean Peninsula!

Peas.  He may be able to bring peas to the Korean Peninsula.  Thanks to the DMZ, an uneasy peace has prevailed for some years.  But peas? Imagine the impact on North Korea’s economy.  Citizens will no longer survive on a diet of government hand-outs of grass and small stones.

Imagine ! Peas !  Frozen garden peas; tinned marrow-fat peas!  Imagine the smiles on the faces of the populace - Imagine the wind!

Peas trump peace, literally

Just now, Scott said:

Hopefully, he will start them out on canned peas, they are just terrible, and then as they progress economically, he can introduce those delicious frozen peas!

He claims to have been to North Korea.  Why didn't he teach them how to grow peas, so they could enjoy fresh peas?  Nothing like fresh English peas and fresh Asian snow peas.  Peas, peas, peas for all!

peas for all.jpg

Just now, Scott said:

Hopefully, he will start them out on canned peas, they are just terrible, and then as they progress economically, he can introduce those delicious frozen peas!

For thunderous rapture the like of which Louis Armstrong would be proud, you cannot beat mushy marrow fat peas.  You can beat eggs, you can beat your best, you can beat fresh dairy cream, you can beat your wife; truth be told, with a suitable whisk you can beat a wank; but you can’t beat mushy peas

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

For thunderous rapture the like of which Louis Armstrong would be proud, you cannot beat mushy marrow fat peas.  You can beat eggs, you can beat your best, you can beat fresh dairy cream, you can beat your wife; truth be told, with a suitable whisk you can beat a wank; but you can’t beat mushy peas

There you go, trying to export those western ideals....I'll trust Baboon, to have a better handle on how best to deal with the Koreas.   I am sure he will be open to suggestions.   After all, he is headed toward a future of truly great diplomatic accomplishments.   He's just testing his meddle here on Thaivisa.

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Au contraire!  Only those who voted for Craig in the Finals got to recast their votes.  Those who voted for Dave in the semi-finals (i.e. the under-appreciated Chiang Mai members) were thrown under the bus and left unable to vote when the powers-that-be decided to award Dave2 an "Honorary POTY".  It's a statue that looks like a dog bone, because that's what they threw at him.

The winner of this contest are, at best No. 2, as far as Chiang Mai is concerned.

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

There you go, trying to export those western ideals....I'll trust Baboon, to have a better handle on how best to deal with the Koreas.   I am sure he will be open to suggestions.   After all, he is headed toward a future of truly great diplomatic accomplishments.   He's just testing his meddle here on Thaivisa.