People having such a disappointing Boxing day that they are hanging out on TVF.

thaibeachlovers

4 hours ago, BuaBS said:

2 normal days with shops open and a nice temperature !

Nice temperature ? Not today mate. Foggy , rainy and 22 degrees is not what I call perfect Pattaya weather. 

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Nice temperature ? Not today mate. Foggy , rainy and 22 degrees is not what I call perfect Pattaya weather. 

Depends where you are . Here up north it was great , some clouds keeping the f... sun away . The 2 best months of the year.  Who wants to live in Pattaya , yuk !

Enjoying my Coffee while reading TV. Later I will write SIDs for running the 9 5/8" casing. Sadly I am stuck at work for 3 more weeks. Such is life I suppose though I would rather be reading this while at work than making a thread about how many people are online while you are yourself online as well.:coffee1:

Relaxing in Nelson (NZ) as the rellies have taken their boisterous kids out for the day..........peace and quiet in my farm-stay cottage overlooking the bay. So passing time mucking around on the computer and getting some dozing time in cos the kids are full on and wearing me out!

Temp around 23 but with a cool wind and nice and cool at night for sleeping, if only I could!

27122017035.jpg

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Relaxing in Nelson (NZ) as the rellies have taken their boisterous kids out for the day..........peace and quiet in my farm-stay cottage overlooking the bay. So passing time mucking around on the computer and getting some dozing time in cos the kids are full on and wearing me out!

Temp around 23 but with a cool wind and nice and cool at night for sleeping, if only I could!

27122017035.jpg

Aaaaaaaaahhhhh Nelson, NZ.

Spent a lot of time there when I was young - as a matter of fact, I fell in love with Thailand in Nelson.

More precisely, she worked at the Sukothai restaurant......

And then there is the Heaphy track, Nelson lakes and a Dutch cafe that was the hangout of the alternative crowd. (i forgot the name, Wilko or something).

17 hours ago, 473geo said:

I must admit there is a slight imbalance as Thai business attempts to take advantage of the commercial side of Christmas while the kids are going to school on Christmas day and Boxing day.

I've been watching US tv a bit and seems the Thais are not the only ones trying to turn Xmas into a commercial event. It seems that it's all about sales, sales, sales. The actual meaning of Christmas has apparently got lost in the ringing of shop tills. Same in the UK.

Pity. As a child Xmas for me was all about chapel services, carols and opening presents on Xmas morning. Even now, it's the time of year to send greetings to family and friends not seen for a long time.

When families go into debt they can't afford just for a one day extravaganza it's a shame. I still remember my mother making the decorations and presents were also home made- the thought really was more important than the cost, way back in a different world that I grew up in.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been watching US tv a bit and seems the Thais are not the only ones trying to turn Xmas into a commercial event. It seems that it's all about sales, sales, sales. The actual meaning of Christmas has apparently got lost in the ringing of shop tills. Same in the UK.

Pity. As a child Xmas for me was all about chapel services, carols and opening presents on Xmas morning. Even now, it's the time of year to send greetings to family and friends not seen for a long time.

When families go into debt they can't afford just for a one day extravaganza it's a shame. I still remember my mother making the decorations and presents were also home made- the thought really was more important than the cost, way back in a different world that I grew up in.

I would think not many have strung popcorn to put around the tree like we used to. Was fun doing stuff with the family. But even the very notion of Santa was just a marketing ploy. He started off as a small gnome invented by Coca Cola....

15 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I even see one who has the time to survey how many are spending time on TVF.

Must be a really boring life.

Oh, and I'm not British, so boxing day doesn't mean anything to me.

Yes, currently quite boring, but that's due to injury enforcing idleness. 

You apparently are unaware how to find out how many people are currently on TVF. Takes about 15 seconds to do so.

43 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

I would think not many have strung popcorn to put around the tree like we used to. Was fun doing stuff with the family. But even the very notion of Santa was just a marketing ploy. He started off as a small gnome invented by Coca Cola....

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-nicholas-the-original-santa-claus/

Actually, think that giving tradition started in Turkey with the original St Nicolas in the 4th century.....

Later, in the 1920's Coca Cola "invented" the look of Santa partly based on an 1800's poem....

Father Christmas, St Nicolas was entrenched & happily plodding along way before Coca Cola existed....