Congratulations: Poster-of-the-Year, 2017

Scott

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Can't be bothered to read 'thru 12 pages of posts, but congrats Transam!

And I'm looking forward to seeing the picture of you wearing the tiara :smile:.

Can't be bothered!!!!! We've been up all night bringing the event to your screens ......

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Congrats to the winner and to all the contestants.

Happy New Year everybody and may 2018 bring us all even more lovely topics and issues to comment, to rant, to sob, to rejoice:cheesy:...whatever....be safe all.

Yep, I think we will here....:stoner:

Feel a bit sorry for those not here though...:whistling:

18 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Sorry, they have changed it this year to a crystal studded half bra and a pair of leather chaps

Every time we goggled leather chaps all that came back was leather strides with no crotch or arse in them ( best sellers by all accounts ) .. Surely you are not suggesting the winner wear these and certainly not in public whilst going about his POTY obligations .. 

IMG_20171231_091929.jpg

27 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Can't be bothered!!!!! We've been up all night bringing the event to your screens ......

'Erm you were conspicuous by absence during the final furlongs so a whiff of glory hunting accompanies the above .. Where were you anyway .? The promise of commentary befitting the Cheltenham gold cup did not materialise .. Who do we see about a part refund ..

10 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Every time we goggled leather chaps all that came back was leather strides with no crotch or arse in them ( best sellers by all accounts ) .. Surely you are not suggesting the winner wear these and certainly not in public whilst going about his POTY obligations .. 

IMG_20171231_091929.jpg

I guess a sheep wrangler wouldn't recognize what real herdsmen wear.

But yes those are chaps

Just now, JLCrab said:

Which part --Debbie Reynolds or the phony?

I learned a lot listening to Kenny Rogers...He has a go at many well known songs doing his stance on it. So I did similar at home with perhaps ladies songs....Seemed to come out OK, well a few of them....Good fun....

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

I guess a sheep wrangler wouldn't recognize what real herdsmen wear.

But yes those are chaps

Indeed and quite but that skirts around wether the winner will be required to parade around in these in public .. Though we have no issues with the chintzy bejewelled bra ..

IMG_20171231_091858.jpg

Sorry to be late with my congratulations to Transam, I am in Blighty shivering me dangly bits off and only just woke up. Well done Colin on a good run and i hope you win it next year. Thanks to all the misguided souls who voted for me. I was truly surprised to even get nominated and even more surprised not to come stone cold last once voting began.

Happy new year to everyone out there and I look forward to some more entertaining discussions to come.

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

'Erm you were conspicuous by absence during the final furlongs so a whiff of glory hunting accompanies the above .. Where were you anyway .? The promise of commentary befitting the Cheltenham gold cup did not materialise .. Who do we see about a part refund ..

I am contracted to make at least 3 posts per hour, and to be quite honest, it was difficult to do that ....

Oh look! Trans is still 15 votes ahead" soon wore thin, as did, as did "the latest report from the track indicates no movement" and I gave away half the content of this year's stat book (which is soon to be found in Asia Books stores) in an effort to hold on to the very few readers I had.

Much like a sculptor, I can only work with what I have, and regarding a refund, if you can produce the receipt (along with all immediate family members birth certificates) you can expect something in the post.

18 minutes ago, transam said:

<snip>So I did similar at home <snip2>

So you sing at home. Great. So do I. A capella. Not the greatest voice but I got pitch. I sing "Will you still love me tomorrow" by the Shirelles. I could put up a video of them singing but so what.

Edited by JLCrab

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Sorry to be late with my congratulations to Transam, I am in Blighty shivering me dangly bits off and only just woke up. Well done Colin on a good run and i hope you win it next year. Thanks to all the misguided souls who voted for me. I was truly surprised to even get nominated and even more surprised not to come stone cold last once voting began.

Happy new year to everyone out there and I look forward to some more entertaining discussions to come.

We all thank you immensely for your efforts Sir. My sympathies regarding your demographic location, but someone has to live there, and I suggest some campaign planning for next year's event. Trans had laid his strategy out by mid march, and even that was a trifle late. There is a manual for sale that covers campaign strategies, you might find it very helpful, and stay away from those car keys if you're out celebin tonight.

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I am contracted to make at least 3 posts per hour, and to be quite honest, it was difficult to do that ....

Oh look! Trans is still 15 votes ahead" soon wore thin, as did, as did "the latest report from the track indicates no movement" and I gave away half the content of this year's stat book (which is soon to be found in Asia Books stores) in an effort to hold on to the very few readers I had.

Much like a sculptor, I can only work with what I have, and regarding a refund, if you can produce the receipt (along with all immediate family members birth certificates) you can expect something in the post.

Don't worry about the outcome, after my 10 cheques bounce I still have it in the bag....:stoner:

Is this year going to be full of empty promises? The sheep voters have been bombarded by manifestos and the likes, and when the dust settles and T has to tackle his heaving inbox, we shall see exactly what we got for our money. I am among those who voted for him, and like everyone, am looking forward to a solid 12 month reign .....

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Yes yes we have already cut you some slack regarding the sometimes sedentary pace of the contest over its last week or so .. But the commentary greats are able to make a non league 0 - 0',er on a cold Tues night mid-jan sound like a W C semi or the Weston super Mare annual donkey derby as enthralling as the final flourish of the Grand Nat ' .. As for a part refund how wide do we have to go regarding immediate family members b c 's as there are quite a lot of us ..

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Is this year going to be full of empty promises? The sheep voters have been bombarded by manifestos and the likes, and when the dust settles and T has to tackle his heaving inbox, we shall see exactly what we got for our money. I am among those who voted for him, and like everyone, am looking forward to a solid 12 month reign .....

I voted for him as well and truly hope that he'll raise our salaries to the comfort of a soldier, even one sort of the tinier ones.

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

What I want is the folk who believe the lies a fat bloke told them about me is for them to PM me here so I can bury the bloke...:stoner:

The rest is normal POTY grandeur stuff....Naam showed me the ropes and NancyL the cheek kissing stuff...Oh, and JT about boarding a moving baht bus....

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like or not, this Transam character is now in an "exclusive" private club with me. Maybe he should have thought a little harder about the actual real life consequences before endlessly campaigning for several years to win POTY.

Be careful what you wish for. 

You mean there's a chance he will turn out like you, I'm going off him already. ?

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Yes yes we have already cut you some slack regarding the sometimes sedentary pace of the contest over its last week or so .. But the commentary greats are able to make a non league 0 - 0',er on a cold Tues night mid-jan sound like a W C semi or the Weston super Mare annual donkey derby as enthralling as the final flourish of the Grand Nat ' .. As for a part refund how wide do we have to go regarding immediate family members b c 's as there are quite a lot of us ..

All family members that are grazing living in Thailand, and if you cannot find birth certificates, take an image the tag clipped to the ear .....

1 minute ago, transam said:

What I want is the folk who believe the lies a fat bloke told them about me is for them to PM me here so I can bury the bloke...:stoner:

The rest is normal POTY grandeur stuff....Naam showed me the ropes and NancyL the cheek kissing stuff...Oh, and JT about boarding a moving baht bus....

Fat bloke in Chang Mai .... that narrows it down a little .....

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

All family members that are grazing living in Thailand, and if you cannot find birth certificates, take an image the tag clipped to the ear .....

That should be enough as an ID...

DollySheepR_468x336.jpg

P.S. Any similarities to the winner of the POTY 2017 are not wanted, but possible. 

Edited by jenny2017