Heartthrob actor Mario Maurer pays fine after reckless driving dispute

webfact

Heartthrob actor pays fine after reckless driving dispute

By Khanathit Srihirundaj 
The Nation

39f12dc94217a2d5bac803ef6efa1a0a.jpeg

Heartthrob actor Mario Maurer heard a charge of reckless driving filed by Bangkok police and paid a Bt1,000 fine on Tuesday night, Phaya Thai precinct superintendent Pol Colonel Nitiwat Sansing said on Wednesday.

After reportedly cutting each other off on New Phetchburi Road, the 29-year-old actor entered into a dispute on Monday with taxi driver Udon Sitthipol, 37, who then fired a stone from a slingshot and damaged Maurer’s Porsche near the Pratunam Intersection.

Nitiwan said the charge was filed against both parties involved in the reported incident in order to discourage other people from displaying similar behaviour.

The taxi driver earlier had paid a total fine of Bt1,200, including Bt200 for the assault and Bt1,000 for reckless driving, while Mario declined to file a police complaint against him on a charge of property damage.

Udon was also punished by the Land Transport Department with a one-month suspension of his driver's licence and required to undergo a three-hour driver training session.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30335902

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-10

So we have a case of reckless driving, involving 2 people, with a weapon also used to damage one of the vehicles.

Total fines: 2,200 baht, 

1 Driver suspended for a month (which he will most probably not adhere to).

And 1 Driver having to undergo a three-hour driver training session (which will probably be the only driver training he has ever had, and he's a taxi driver !).

I am surprised there are so many offences committed on the Thai roads, when such severe penalties are handed out ! :coffee1:

On 31/12/2017 at 11:16 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

A Nation where you get to a junction and pull straight out into traffic .

I always wonder why they bother to even look if they are just going to pull straight out .

Most countries that would be careless driving but here it seems normal.

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So we have a case of reckless driving, involving 2 people, with a weapon also used to damage one of the vehicles.

Total fines: 2,200 baht, 

1 Driver suspended for a month (which he will most probably not adhere to).

And 1 Driver having to undergo a three-hour driver training session (which will probably be the only driver training he has ever had, and he's a taxi driver !).

I am surprised there are so many offences committed on the Thai roads, when such severe penalties are handed out ! :coffee1:

I find their behavior worse then smoking on some beach.

Sentence him to 3 days sweeping the roads with the garbage collection squad...much more effective. There would be cameras out to record his bumpy landing down to earth from La La Land. A pathetic 1000 baht fine, bet he's tipped girls more than that in bars/restaurants...pfft.

6 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

What I can't understand.......I saw the picture of the taxi with a smashed window.  WHO did that?  I've not seen that mentioned anywhere.

It was pointed out in the Thai media that the Taxi driver fired the stone from a catapult (slingshot) from within his own car, through his own window and subsequently through the window of the Porsche. 

I find this explanation highly questionable and suspect that the taxi driver actually fired a gun, although there is no report of this anywhere else - I just question how a stone can penetrate two laminated car windows.