Pra Khanong massage parlour raided for sex trafficking

snoop1130

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Here we go again..."Just bad people there use young girls for there own benefit  Greedy bad Thai people"

I hope you are also including in that statement the "customers" who buy these young girls services (possibly more Farangs than Thais) or would that narative not sit well with your Thai bashing.. If there were no customers there might be less trafficing?

These 'establishments' have been around for many years, form an integral part to the Thai economy and cater primarily for the wealthier Thai and often Asian clientele.  Extremely rare underage girls seen in these places, you're lucky to find one under 25.  Some of the classier gaffs won't even allow Western foreigners in.  Simple case of someone didn't pay someone something.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The manic said:

A racist comment. It happens everywhere in the world. In the UK underage white girls have been targeted in their thousands by certain  in immigrant groups. In the USA trafficked girls are branded and tattooed to make their ownership clear. In the USA the trafficking of girls is the speciality of Black pimps and Mexican gangs. This issue is not really a speciffically Thai problem at all.

You always comment personal on me why?  This is a Thai news story so that why I say greedy Thai people I know it happens every where in the world and it is scumbag gang's that all countries fighting against sad story but please stop hurting me all time

There are many, many establishments like 'Victoria’s: The Secret Forever' in that vicinity/area. This particular joint was perhaps late on some 'payments' and this was a 'friendly reminder' visit, or perhaps Khun Kob ruffled the feathers of someone higher up the tea money chain. Or perhaps the authorities figured it was a nice cool day outside and worth a walk and them some, threw a dart on the city map, and decided to go where the dart landed.

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Many girls choose to work at massage palaces as its relatively easy money for them,they are not imprisoned,just seen as an positive alternative to a low paying job at 7/11, supermarket or a factory.

Cherry picking one parlour is just a PR exercise,if they were serious,as prostitution is illegal they could close every parlour /brothel but there's a cash flow involved which some are reluctant to lose out on.

easy money indeed. They can make easily 2000 a night.....by 31 days......more than some foreigners have as pension

16 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Just bad people there use young girls for there own benefit 

Greedy bad Thai people 

I hope long sentence 

Wrong on every level.  Part of Thai (and the rest of the planet's) life and has been for centuries.  A very simple system, and good money.

7 hours ago, metisdead said:

Off topic deflection posts about Rotherham and the UK have been removed as well as the replies. 

Off topic trolling posts about muslims have been removed as well as the replies. 

Posts trolling about Trump have been removed as well as the replies. 

Amazing variety.... 

6 hours ago, Cranky said:

I hope you are also including in that statement the "customers" who buy these young girls services (possibly more Farangs than Thais) or would that narative not sit well with your Thai bashing.. If there were no customers there might be less trafficing?

Actually, most of the large massage parlors in that area of Petchabury Rd and Rama-9 actively discourage farang guests at the door..."Sorry, private club"

A couple of years ago,some friends tried several in the Thong Lo to Klong Tan area and were denied entry at all of them.

14 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Many girls choose to work at massage palaces as its relatively easy money for them,they are not imprisoned,just seen as an positive alternative to a low paying job at 7/11, supermarket or a factory.

Cherry picking one parlour is just a PR exercise,if they were serious,as prostitution is illegal they could close every parlour /brothel but there's a cash flow involved which some are reluctant to lose out on.

However if they are under 18 it is exploitation.

The OP states the details about the 12 year old. There are numerous reports of police raids finding underage ladies working in brothels. Not sure on what rationale you doubt this report.

In many cases young girls are made to look older to cater for punters in the massage parlor industry rather than being targeted to the pedophile degenerates. Child exploitation by parents is a sad phenomenon. The Philippines is a cesspit but escapes the stigma it ought to attract. 

Any illegal activity draws criminals by it's nature of being criminal. 

I didn't write I expected Thailand to legalize prostitution. I stated that legalizing prostitution is the only way to reduce the criminal element. 

To all intents and purposes "soapies" operate legally within the Entertainment Places Act if they follow the regulations. However, employing underage girls is illegal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

41 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

To all intents and purposes "soapies" operate legally within the Entertainment Places Act if they follow the regulations. However, employing underage girls is illegal.

Here's the relevant bit:

The second law regulating prostitution in Thailand is the Act on Entertainment Places, B.E. 2509 (1966) (the “Entertainment Act”). Massage parlors (excluding parlors providing legitimate massage services), go-go bars, karaoke bars and similar establishments are regulated and required to be licensed by the Entertainment Act.  The Act regulates these businesses due to their influence on public morals and in order to ensure that minors are not allowed access to such businesses. While the Entertainment Act does not expressly permit prostitution, it does allow “service partners” and “bath service providers” and the like. The Entertainment Act distinguishes between those types of employees, who are required to wear red circular disks with their numbers, and non-sexual service staff, who are required to wear blue circular disks with their numbers. Employees of establishments regulated by the Entertainment Act are required to be at least 18 years old, and customers are required to be at least 20 years old. Given the close relationship of many of these businesses to the sex industry, the differences between massage parlors and go-go bars and prostitution establishments are not necessarily clear.

23 hours ago, The manic said:

If this is truly an act, that was intended as part of the battle against human trafficking, and underage sex, that is a good thing, and the government is to be commended for this. However, one tends to be skeptical when it comes to this administration, as their fight against human trafficking has been weak and dismal. When was the last time a current, high ranking member of the army or the administration was charged, and imprisoned for being complicit in this ongoing national tragedy?

Last year

And was he imprisoned? I remember him being charged. If so, how long was the sentence? I do not recall any follow up. Perhaps he was let go? And even if he was imprisoned, which I doubt, he is one of many. And perhaps he pissed someone off. Perhaps he did not share the incredible wealth he was earning?

I did. Third line says (excluding parlors providing legitimate massage services) ... must be 18. So if 18 stated for parlors providing extras, then that implies age is less for legit places. Right?

Ah! I see what you mean. Good question. I guess it would be covered under general Labour law, which is 15 for some jobs. Tricky!!

On 1/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, Sparkles said:

Girls under 18 should not have that choice...

I wonder if these ladies who sell there bodies pay tax  In the Netherlands Prostitutes pay tax I wonder how they define how and what to charge them to pay tax  Prob when having sex with people they must keep a score on how many they they have sex with in a week  20% to gov 80% to prostitute for humping someone:cheesy:

I wonder if these ladies who sell there bodies pay tax  In the Netherlands Prostitutes pay tax I wonder how they define how and what to charge them to pay tax  Prob when having sex with people they must keep a score on how many they they have sex with in a week  20% to gov 80% to prostitute for humping someone:cheesy:

The large soapies charge an "all-in" price for the service, so I would expect an element is taxed. Any private charge made by the girl would almost certainly be undeclared.