British expat who doused girlfriend in petrol and set her on fire reportedly arrested in Thailand

rooster59

British expat who doused girlfriend in petrol and set her on fire reportedly arrested in Thailand

Image1.jpg

A British man who allegedly doused his former lover in petrol and set fire to her has been arrested in Thailand, it has been reported.

Gary Iredale, 52, from Blackpool, set fire to Nguyen Hang at a tailor shop in Hanoi Vietnam.

The horrific attack left the single mother fighting for her life having suffered severe burns to 70 percent of her body.

It is claimed that Iredale flew into a fit of rage after Ms Hang told him their relationship was over after she met someone else.

Iredale, who operated a vending machine business in Hanoi, had been on the run since the attack took place on Monday.

Vietnamese news site GVTT reports that Iredale was arrested in Thailand on Thursday and is due to be extradited to Vietnam to face charges.

No further details of Iredale’s arrest have been reported. 

image2.jpg

A witness named Alan Nicholls is “It was the most shocking thing I've ever seen.

“This guy came into the shop, wearing a face mask, and threw petrol over the woman and the rest of the shop and set her on fire. It's rocked the local community to its core.”

Meanwhile, Brit Ben Evans who lives in the same apartment block as Iredale told MailOnline he had known Iredale for 18 months and described him as a “normal guy”.

Mr Evans said a friend of his witnessed Iredale taking ecstasy and LSD on the night before the attack.

“My friend said Gary was upset about his Vietnamese girlfriend not wanting to be with him anymore - and said he had problems with his elderly parents back home in the UK,” MailOnline reports Mr Evans as saying.

“He was never short of partners over the time I knew him, all local Vietnamese women, and seemed a popular guy with his peers,” he said.

“Over the past few months, he's had family troubles at home with aging parents and regularly goes home to see them, usually a few weeks at a time.”

Local media reports that Ms Hang remains in a coma.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-20

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought this was a Muslim thing.. or a Thai thing (when people start commenting on the frail Thai ego). But it seems foreigners can do it too. When rejected some people react totally crazy at times. 

Hope he goes to jail for real long time.

Mr Evans ,his friend is giving him a slew of excuses,drugs,ailing parents,

when really nothing excuses such a barbaric act,you lose faith in the human

race,when you hear things like this  happening quite often ,by weak men

who cannot stand rejection.

regards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, punchjudy said:

"It is claimed that Iredale flew into a fit of rage after Ms Hang told him their relationship was over after she met someone else."

The fragile British ego?

Pathetic attack on British people. He is scum and it matters NOT where he comes from, whether his parents are ailing OR if he is on drugs - get it?

I don't usually say what I'm about to say/write, but an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Get a canister of petrol and a box of matches. Problem solved. 

Usually we think it's only Thai men who can't take rejection, but apparently it's not just a Thai thing.

Insecure little p***k can't take no for an answer. 

15 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Pathetic attack on British people. He is scum and it matters NOT where he comes from, whether his parents are ailing OR if he is on drugs - get it?

The guy only echoed what is constantly said about Thais when such an attack happens here. Kind of a mirror to all those expats who see themselves above the Thais. Now one of their own a Brit in this case could have been an other nationality too does it and nobody says anything about failing ego or small dick syndrome. Just shows how hypocrite the forum can be at times. 

I am quite sure that he does not mean it as an attack on the Brits but as a mirror pointing out what the response would have been had the guy been Thai.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I'd just vote for  lifetime  solitary confinement   until he goes mad.    Then possibly slow execution.    Let the highest bidder be the one to administer the punishment,     Sell tickets  to the torture to make up for the cost of having housed him. :smile:

Incredible that a person could do such a thing to another but we all know there were  people like Hitler and  Joseph Stalin.

"Until he goes mad"......I think he is already mad, hence let's move to step 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The guy only echoed what is constantly said about Thais when such an attack happens here. Kind of a mirror to all those expats who see themselves above the Thais. Now one of their own a Brit in this case could have been an other nationality too does it and nobody says anything about failing ego or small dick syndrome. Just shows how hypocrite the forum can be at times. 

I am quite sure that he does not mean it as an attack on the Brits but as a mirror pointing out what the response would have been had the guy been Thai.

No defense. We should not say that about any nationality but I'm sure he admires you for 'stepping in' to explain his post for him. 

I could not care less if it's a Brit, Thai or Lithuanian burning another human is EVIL and any attack on nationality is a DEFLECTION from that evil and now we discuss?  not the EVIL but an attack on a persons nationality!   case closed, this is not the time to score 'points' over nationality spare a thought for the VICTIM.  Cheers.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I thought this was a Muslim thing.. or a Thai thing (when people start commenting on the frail Thai ego). But it seems foreigners can do it too. When rejected some people react totally crazy at times. 

Hope he goes to jail for real long time.

Indeed. All are capable of extreme violence if the provocation is enough. And we all react to different things.

But, do you think his use of Ecstacy and LSD might possible have had something to do with it?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. All are capable of extreme violence if the provocation is enough. And we all react to different things.

But, do you think his use of Ecstacy and LSD might possible have had something to do with it?

I am pretty sure XTC has not much to do with it.. mdma does not make people aggressive (just talkative and horny). I have used XTC often with friends in the past. (ok it was a while back but i still remember). Usually what happend after xtc was wild sex in after parties, not violence.