Venezuelan and Ethiopian cocaine smugglers arrested at Suvarnabhumi

Jonathan Fairfield

Venezuelan and Ethiopian cocaine smugglers arrested at Suvarnabhumi

i1.jpg

A Venezuelan man was arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday after more than 4 kilograms of cocaine was found in his suitcase.

Narcotics officers arrested Jesus Antonio, 59, (name transliterated) who arrived in Thailand after flying from Sao Paulo, Brazil via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

837478-03.jpg

He had was about to board a connecting flight to Luang Prabang, Laos when officials discovered a hidden compartment in his suitcase containing just over 4.1 kilograms of cocaine.

The suspect was arrested and sent to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further questioning.

i3.jpgi4.jpg

Meanwhile, an Ethiopian man and woman were also arrested at Suvarnabhumi on Wednesday after more than 6 kilograms of cocaine was found hidden inside their luggage.

The pair also arrived on a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Officers from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau said the suspects had intended to deliver the drugs to an unnamed contact at a hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 62.

Source: INN News, INN News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-24

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Officers from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau said the suspects had intended to deliver the drugs to an unnamed contact at a hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 62.

While I praise the officers for their result, would it not be good to let them deliver the drugs to the Unnamed contacts and get them as well? 

10 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Why not let them out and follow them till delivery point etc etc to catch the big boys if any directly involved or might be embarrassing? ?

Are the allowed to catch the big boys?

Guest Jerry787

"He had was about to board a connecting flight to Luang Prabang, Laos when officials discovered a hidden compartment in his suitcase containing just over 4.1 kilograms of cocaine."

i dont see Luang Prabang consuming such huge amount of cocaine.

I cannot read the writing on the signs that the two Ethiopians are holding. I can only guess it says "We are dipsticks with single cell brains".

'Dipstick' = slang for idiot, loser, dips**t etc., etc. 

Plenty of space available to add your own interpretation.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment