Phuket: Huge python found in 70 year old’s house

webfact

Huge python found in 70 year old’s house

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_4007.jpg

A big python, actually a HUGE python, was found in front of a 70 year old Somneug Pattanawong’s Phuket home today.

He heard his dog barking loudly so opened the door to check what the fuss was all about. The python, which is at least 50 kilograms and 6 metres long (that’s about 20 feet) was basking in the sunshine (well, it is Sunday) while the dog continued to bark at it.

Somneug contacted the local Deputy Village Chief, Worarit Nakchaineramit, who contacted Kusoldham Phuket Foundation. The python was captured and taken to the Foundation before being released back to the wild.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/huge-python-found-70-year-olds-house

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-01-29

34 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, ok! But this would have been real bad if the person who found the snake had been 72 years old.

This near septuagenarian had to dispatch a large cobra in my lounge room a while back, don't underestimate the power of experience (aka, nothing left to lose)

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That was 1 lucky dog..... 

Big bleddy snake, hope they did release it to the wild ??

As opposed to ending up in a huge pot of boiling, soupy broth, you mean? Unfortunately, in this part of the world, snake soup isn't as rare as we would like to think. Anyway, yeah, I hope they do the right thing too and release it back into the wild.

And yes, a very lucky dog there too!

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yup, I read that... Like I said, I hope they did release it...

Don't believe everything you read :)

Then there's no real point in me telling an empiricist that the Kusoldham Phuket Foundation do excellent work in emergency situations and in snake removal. I've seen them in action several times and know they release snakes back into the wild. (sometimes a little close to my place for comfort)

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Huge.

Try reading the OP again.

They always release snakes back in the hills.

He was just making a quote. He did read it correctly just saying he "HOPED THEY RELEASED IT." And not taking it to a place they know that would buy it for quite a few baht, sure  you know what I meen.