New crackdown sees darts BANNED in Pattaya

webfact

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Dogmatix said:

It is interesting that the video of the 2016 raid on the bridge players which is described as a police raid was carried out by men from the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA) with not a policeman in sight. DOPA is the part of the Interior Ministry that manages district offices and has no powers of arrest.  I guess anything goes in Pattaya and anyone with a civil service uniform can play the local sherrif.

No, not anyone can but DOPA offcials sure can.

On 2/6/2018 at 1:55 AM, Damrongsak said:

Yes - you cannot participate in any way.

The good news is that Bridge is not listed !!!!

Not to long ago an article n the sun about drunk Brits causing trouble.. maybe the authorities picked up on this and decided to ban the national sport of the Brits in the hope to get their numbers down (in case the pound does not help enough)

Just joking here before someone takes it serious.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

Seems the Daily Mail in the UK has picked up on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5353037/Thai-police-raid-darts-club-crackdown-British-expats.html

Will the Thai professional darts team now be arrested. 

And look where the qualifiers took place for the 2017 PDC World Championship Asia Qualifier,  

Event Venue: Way Hotel in Pattaya

Event Address: 
555/86 MOO 5, NAKLUA ROAD, BANGLAMUNG, CHONBURI 20150, THAILAND

The professional game isn't under fire, why should it be?   Premises providing darts without an entertainment licence are what are being targeted apparently.

3 hours ago, Rally123 said:

But Thai National Anthem actually states Thailand is for Thais. Can you imaging the uproar if Germany's anthem said 'Germany is only for Germans? Or any other country come to that. In fact the Thai National Anthem was written by a German.

"But Thai National Anthem actually states Thailand is for Thais".

But, as you claimed, the Thai national anthem does not state that Thailand is only for Thais, does it? 

The Thai national anthem actually does not state that Thailand is for Thais, neither was it written by a German!

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The professional game isn't under fire, why should it be?   Premises providing darts without an entertainment licence are what are being targeted apparently.

That's not the way I read it.  The question was asked "Ok, where can I get a licence?"  and the reply was that a licence doesn't exist!!

On 2/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, VocalNeal said:

No but darts are clearly a game which Thais could bet on, just like pool. So it will be about gambling or charging money to play.

Perhaps pool tables will be next on the chopping board then?

1 hour ago, Bartman1369 said:

OMG. What's next??? A pool table license. Closely followed by a license to breath Thai air? 555

A gaming licence is required for pool tables and dartboards. Has been for years!!

On 2/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, Darcula said:

What's next? Ping Pong balls?

the have written DOPA on the back of there shirts, maybe the mean Dopamine , There are many different functions of dopamine that work in your brain to help you lead a healthy lifestyle. the have discovered an additional function , how to get Tea-money 55555  

17 hours ago, HHTel said:

That's not the way I read it.  The question was asked "Ok, where can I get a licence?"  and the reply was that a licence doesn't exist!!

You responded to my comment about professional darts so where did you read that the professional game was under fire and needed a licence?

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You responded to my comment about professional darts so where did you read that the professional game was under fire and needed a licence?

You stated that venues without an entertainment licence are being targeted implying that an entertainment licence is needed to play darts.  That's not true as is evident in the article.

Regarding 'professional dart players', where is the distinction that they are in face exempt?