Smog Airpocalypse Worsens Over Bangkok

webfact

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

that shouldn't happen. A healthy person wouldn't have any symptoms at all

can I strongly suggest a full medical. events like yours are usually a big wake up call

true, perhaps...there were a number persons on the sidewalk vigorously striding along but they were all about 50 years younger...

and I feared being overwhelmed by the humidity and the pollution (the air temp wasn't bad today) and then tripping on the uneven pavement and falling into the path of a large vehicle speeding past on Sukhumvit...looks like it's time to give it up and to get an assistant with a wheelchair...or to stay in my little town in suphan where the air is clean and things are otherwise manageable...

• Like 1

The WHO has a safe limit for PM2.5 particulate matter of 25. Thailand? Well its experts think 50 is good enough. But not wholly satisfied with that, and presumably looking for another number 1, they've stood by while the limit reaches, according to these same experts, over 100. And this figure was challenged by international measurements, which put today's at over 200.

Lets face it peeps, the whole country is a Sh*thole as far as air quality is concerned, BUT I grew up in 1950's London, I do actually remember the terrible smogs of London in those days, I feel sure that many members on here also remember the problems in their own countries and major cities, not just Europe, what about China, India & the rest of SEA don't just place the burden here :smile:

Any thoughts.

Edited by Golden Triangle

true, perhaps...there were a number persons on the sidewalk vigorously striding along but they were all about 50 years younger...

and I feared being overwhelmed by the humidity and the pollution (the air temp wasn't bad today) and then tripping on the uneven pavement and falling into the path of a large vehicle speeding past on Sukhumvit...looks like it's time to give it up and to get an assistant with a wheelchair...or to stay in my little town in suphan where the air is clean and things are otherwise manageable...

I would rather die living a full vibrant life in occasional smog than from boredom. I bet you already named all the lizards on your ceiling [emoji23]
  • Haha 1