Govt Says 1 Million Joined ‘Thai Niyom’ On 1st Day

webfact

Govt Says 1 Million Joined ‘Thai Niyom’ On 1st Day

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

20180221123543_l-696x483.jpg  

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha throws fish food Wednesday at a pond in Nakhon Pathom province. Image: Government House

BANGKOK — About a million people joined the “Thai Niyom” program launched by junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha on its first day, according to a government official.

The program, which translates to Thai Way or Thai-ism, will see soldiers dispatched to communities to spread the government’s social principles. Interior affairs minister Anupong Paochinda said soldiers are now being deployed to instruct residents about the initiative, and there is no time frame how long the program will run.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/02/23/govt-says-1-million-joined-thai-niyom-1st-day/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-02-23

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

the budget is about 3x the estimated loss from the rice pledging scheme ... I wonder what the return will be.

I'd imagine Mercedes Benz are delighted with this scheme. They are ramping up production on the white/black E series as we speak. Lots of deposits around the corner. Cash of course.

20 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

"Paochinda said soldiers are now being deployed to instruct residents about the initiative, and there is no time frame how long the program will run"

Instruct ?.

Programme rightful thinking.  

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Has anyone living in Thailand heard anything from family or locals about Thai Niyom? No one here has heard anything about it

No nothing anyway I pity the poor squaddie who tries to speak to Mrs Poohy about it :coffee1:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

No nothing anyway I pity the poor squaddie who tries to speak to Mrs Poohy about it :coffee1:

Unless they are sending officers it's going to be National service squaddies, not the sharpest tools in the box

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Unless they are sending officers it's going to be National service squaddies, not the sharpest tools in the box

16 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The 'officers' of the junta are even more intellectually blunt than the squaddies!

Last time it was a bunch of swaggering bullshitting military police. Not only intellectually blunt but also devoid of any discernable personality...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JAG said:

I dare say sooner or later a squad of Military Policemen will pole up here and start telling everyone what to do. They did the same just before the election which returned Thaksins party after the last coup. Worked a treat as I recall. Everyone was so impressed by the f'ing silly lacquered plastic helmets  they were wearing...

Err, at the risk of sounding thick, you are joking about the helmets...?