I looking for a Windows 10 ISO Lite Version

ArnonK

As the title says. 

As I planning to 'upgrade' some Windows Tablets from Home to Pro, I would need some 'Lite' Version of Windows 10 ISO. I mean with that, a Homebrew version of Windows 10 from which some apps etc. are removed already, incl. Defender, Telemetry stuff, and so on, just not really needed apps to get the needed space down as much as possible. 

The reasons are simply because of the limited space available on the Tablets I talking about. Those are 2 different model: 

1. CSC Wisebook W803T
  2. CSC Wisebook AU1001T.

Both of that Tablets (8" & 10.1") coming with Windows 8.1 Home and/or Windows 10 Home preinstalled and activated. Those CSC tablets only available in Thailand in limited quantities, they were produced specially for CSCI Company from Bangkok. 

The W803T has just 1GB RAM and 16GB SSD/ROM, while the AU101T has 2GB RAM and 32GB SSD/ROM. I own 1 W803T and 2 AU101T and for some reason related to the used apps, and attached devices, I need to get Windows 10 Pro running.  

So, my question is: Has someone a Lite Version of Windows 10 Pro? If so, please let me know and how I could get that. I do not need any Product Key, I still have the needed Products Key for Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Edit: Sorry, I forget to mention that I need the 32bit version and NOT 64bit! Thanks.

Edited by ArnonK

If I was looking for a Lite version, I would do it myself for a fully personalized install. Download the original ISO straight from MS for piece of mind. Preferred software (for me) would be NTLite which can be found at:

https://www.ntlite.com/download/ 

If you are unsure what to keep, what services to disable, etc, try Black Viper. He has been advising on configurations on windows operating systems since before XP for different users. Found at (for W10 configs):

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

There are images available out there, all you have to do is look. But it all comes down to trust in the person making those images, ie, it is almost as easy putting things into an operating system as it is removing things from it.......................:thumbsup:

Good Luck.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for that answer. I'm already on the search, just it's about what you said about the trust!! First I may would try some of the ready ISO's on an temporary system and may will end up in creating my own (me think). It's just, I never done such change of an ISO and I'm a bit in hurry for to get that small Tablet working with Windows 10 Pro. 

At this moment I've created a temp-Desktop (just MB-PSU-HDD) and will do the first testings with that one. For that testing I'll just use an 16GB Partition for the install to be sure that I could get Windows 10 Pro running that way. I downloaded already an ISO without Bloatware (as they named it) which would be for the first test only. 

I'll take for sure a close look at links you provided. As I said, I'm just on the beginning with this job! .\\\

Again, thanks a lot for your answer.

@chrisinth:

I took a closer look at those 2 websites and the info/app you provided to me. 'Vipers' gives some info about what I didn't have thought about before, and that's something I will need to keep my eye's on if I start with modifying that Windows 10 ISO. Ntlite is for sure one way to go, as well as Windows 10 ADK. Need to get familiar with that 2 first. 

Regarding Ntlite, I may need to download the Fall Creator Update latest version of MS, best as ESD's as it seems the Ntlite didn't support the ISO. 

Last night I already test on Lite ISO on a 16GB Partition on my Test Computer and that was shown to use just 8GB of space. Just it still has Cortana and a few other apps in what I never use. If I could delete those, that 'footprint' would be also lower! What I was missing in that ISO, only 1 Language is supported, and I need at least English and Thai! 

Ok, will start to check out what I could do with that other apps and see will happen.

Thanks for your help.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:20 PM, JSixpack said:

Win 10 installers and reinstallers, both casual and Bots, may be interested in this reduced edition:

Windows 10 Home No Bloatware Edition is a stripped down version of Windows 10 Home with most of the bloat removed. Also available for 32-Bit Professional and 64-Bit Professional.

Windows 10 Home No Bloatware Edition isn't for everyone. You can do this for yourself with the MSMG Toolkit. It is merely a stripped down ISO and requires you have a valid key to install Windows 10 Pro. It is only available in English, which it seems you can read if you made it this far :)

As always, this was created by someone who wanted the bloat gone. Say goodbye to the Windows Store, Windows Media Player, Edge, Hyper-V, Windows Defender, and much more. If you want a really stripped down version of Windows 10, this is it. Otherwise, again, make your own ISO with MSMG Toolkit.

Also https://github.com/SamuelNZ/Windows-10-Super-Minimal

• Like 1

@JSixpack: I believe I had made it clear that I need Windows 10 Pro 32bit and not Home and/or 64bit!

I'm very limited with those Tablets, special the W803T with just 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM! And that's also why I need an ISO with low space requirements.

Thanks for all answers and help.

16 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Whoops, my bad. Then chrisinth has the way forward.

Not any problem with that. We all doing mistakes every day, it's simply human nature!

Back to topic: I'm now by 7.3GB after installing on my test machine. Now I need to add the needed drivers (for the Tablet) into that ISO and all should be done (for now). If the real test on the Tablet will work as on the Test Machine,  Job would be done.

Just to mention, I moved the testing to a 10year old Acer One with single Core Atom CPU, and that worked well. So, on the Quad-Core Atom CPU of the Tablet,  it should be even much faster. 

Edited by ArnonK

• 6 months later...

Hello, 
i came to this post and i am not sure if anyone who can help me here
i have upgraded and updated my windows 10 on CSC wisebook w803t

and now i have problems with touchscreen, sound, battery icon nothing is there

is there anyone here who can tell me where i can download the drivers and solve my problem 

trhanks

18 hours ago, geohanna71 said:

Hello, 
i came to this post and i am not sure if anyone who can help me here
i have upgraded and updated my windows 10 on CSC wisebook w803t

and now i have problems with touchscreen, sound, battery icon nothing is there

is there anyone here who can tell me where i can download the drivers and solve my problem 

trhanks

I came across this information and hope it would be of some use for you.

Have a look here.