Arsenal

MiG16

Yes I enjoy watching your lot try to walk the ball into the net. Entertaining. rolleyes.gif

Oh dear ! A British media platitude. I expected better from you thumbsup.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Agree with you Yermanee - the meejah seems to have some book of labels they trot out. If they watched Spuds more closely they might notice the high number of balls that get ballooned over the bar from distance!

Important we get some goals today (of course). I would expect an open game with a 1-1 or 2-2 scoreline.

Koscielny is available for selection. Sczesney is still doubtful. I worry about Mannone - had little to do last week but just looks insecure to me.

Probably the same starting 11 as last week except:

Walcott to start instead of Gervinho

Koscielny to start instead of Jenkinson with Meretesacker dropping back to right back (maybe Koscielny for Mertesacker). Whoever is at right back is likely to have a torrid time against Suarez. Koscielny is quick enough to help out though.

So:

Mannone

Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs

Arteta

Walcott, Cazorla, Diaby

Giroud, Podolski

I was surprised that Liverpool played their first team pretty much on Thursday night against such lowly opposition in the UEFA Cup qualifiers. Lets hope a few of them run out of steam in the second half. Bit of a forlorn hope that the disgruntled Liverpool fans (they expected more on transfer night, as did we) don't get behind their team though.

My nerves are strating to twitch - must reach for the Lao Khao :-)

For once santi and I share something.

Miggie also getting nervous for tonights game. (no laokhao for me though.....just pre game nerves)

Trying to.figure where to watch. I'd go to a pub but didn't bring my gooner shirt. I need it to be able to walk in to a pub by myself lol

One - Nil to the Arsenal.

That's were my money is.

Goal provided by Ollie on an assist from Santi.clap2.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Yep - I have given him a couple of tips on his Facebook page thumbsup.gif

For once santi and I share something.

Miggie also getting nervous for tonights game. (no laokhao for me though.....just pre game nerves)

Trying to.figure where to watch. I'd go to a pub but didn't bring my gooner shirt. I need it to be able to walk in to a pub by myself lol

You can buy a spare in Suk for 190 baht, Migsy. Woops - I just told a mod to break Thai laws

Hmmm - just as I was thinking it was going to take us another 200 minutes to score, Podolski scores what is a typical strong inside lefts goal for him. Giroud misses yet another good chance (3 games out of 4 that Ive seen - beginning to be a habit).

Agree Liverpool should be ahead. Much better organised in midfield. We werent connecting the dots until the last 15 minutes of the first half. Diaby is the difference so far today - a real Toure performance.

why no Theo - Ox isnt up to the pace of this game - put Theo on now and lets give them something to think about on the right hand side (Arsene will not do that - always waits too late in my book.

The game has been scrappy at times, but I reckon we are in for an open and exciting second half. Could go either way - ill plumpo for a 2-2 draw.

Hmm so another 0-0 tonight? I will be enjoying the game....clap2.gif

So sorry to disappoint you. A very different Arsenal from last year but a very fine result.

In case you missed it : Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal clap2.giftongue.pngclap2.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

Yep, flattered (but well take it). Suarez should have had a penalty and then things might have finished differently - som nam na - payback for all the prior diving. Im convinced Webb would have given it if he didnt have such a history of conning refs. They watch the playbacks and they dont like being made monkeys of, neither individually or as a class.

Liverpool are a top 4 contender, but the hole is so great up front that they may even have to stomach hell freezing over and get Owen back in on a pay per goal basis. Far better fit for their set-up than Carroll was.

No - itll never happen, there must be another striker on a free out there somewhere.

Two weeks off now - I hope Vermaelen can recover from having his knee stood on accidentally.

Glad we can still offer you some deflection-therapy Smokie. I can just see you there shouting `ha - see we may be cr@p but Arsenal are still only marginally better than us`.

Edited by SantiSuk

Man of the match for me is Diaby, followed by T.Vermaelen.

Beats me though how Suarez that racist Urugayan didn't even get a yellow card with all his diving, theatrical antics and very, very dirty play. bah.gif

Anyway I'm waiting for the media to start calling M.U. a one man team, but as we all know that will never happen. They'll only

laud the brilliance of Sir Chewing McRednose in bringing RVP to M.U.

Yermanee wai.gif

Beats me though how Suarez that racist Urugayan didn't even get a yellow card with all his diving, theatrical antics and very, very dirty play. bah.gif

it was a penalty and a red card for mertesacker. all day long. appalling refereeing as always by howard webb.

it was a penalty and a red card for mertesacker. all day long. appalling refereeing as always by howard webb.

Not from what I saw, but then again opinions differ.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

It was one of the most obvious penalties you will see this season. Webb should have been horrified when he saw the replay.

Yermanee wai.gif

nah, some opinions are simply wrong.

I'm not going to argue about which opinions are wrong and which not. God knows I've been wrong many times, but from what I saw Mertesacker did get the ball first, even the normally anti-Arsenal commentators agreed on that.

But as I said you have your opinion and I have mine and that's the way it should be.thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

I'm afraid Suarez might actually get some decisions from referees if he stopped the constant diving, cheating, intimidating officials and pretended every single touch is a serious injury.

With Barton and Savage gone from the Premiership, I think he's probably now the neutrals most loathed player.

The first "incident" was definitely not a penalty, the second one would have been harsh since he simply stopped to let Mertesacker run into him when perhaps it might have been more productive to try and strike the ball rather than attempt to win a penalty.

The scousers might as well get rid of Suarez, every ref in the prem has him sussed and he won't even win 80/20 decisions.

• Like 1

I'm afraid Suarez might actually get some decisions from referees if he stopped the constant diving, cheating, intimidating officials and pretended every single touch is a serious injury.

With Barton and Savage gone from the Premiership, I think he's probably now the neutrals most loathed player.

The first "incident" was definitely not a penalty, the second one would have been harsh since he simply stopped to let Mertesacker run into him when perhaps it might have been more productive to try and strike the ball rather than attempt to win a penalty.

The scousers might as well get rid of Suarez, every ref in the prem has him sussed and he won't even win 80/20 decisions.

Its such a great atmosphere at Arsenal. Just saying...

Regards the clear penalty that never was, i really hope that Webb holds his hands up and admits it was possibly one of the worst decisions he's ever made. Mindyou, regardless of whether or not he does its all on video and your ground still has the best atmoshere in the vauxhall conference.

Edited by carmine

You'll be more than fine here. The footie forum in particular.

We have all sorts - from a financial analyst turned football critique, to semi closeted fans, to margarita sipping footie hooligan. Amongst various others ;)

Semi fan = santi lol

Closeted = all the other team supporters who secretly or not so secretly admire arsenal :D there was a poll done on this forum some years ago, and most rated arsenal as the team supported apart from their own

I tried to think of a descriptive for James, but failed. Perhaps we can assign him the title of sulking ManU fan. (oops will I get in trouble for almost borderline flaming?)

And of course the margarita sipping footie hooligan = moi

From the rumour mill. Arsenal are understood to have offered Andrey Arshavin a free transfer in the hope that the 31-year-old midfielder will finally find a new club before the Russian transfer window closes on Thursday, with Dynamo Moscow the favourites for his signature.

Sad end to an ineffective career in the EPL. Showed promise for one year only after being Arsenals 2nd most expensive transfer at 12-15 million in 2009 (sources vary). That's one way of getting the fans off the clubs back for making profits every year!