Arsenal

MiG16

L'Equipe published an interview with Bacary Sagna.

Naturally the anti-Arsenal british media jumped on it like vultures with each drawing their own conclusions.

So I looked up the said article in l'Equipe and translated it as it was published :

quote :

Title : Bacary Sagna Asks Himself Questions.

We all expected Van Persie to go. But the departure of Alex Song came as a surprise. I don't understand it. It's a big loss for the club. If one sees the 2 best players of last season leave, you ask yourself many questions. I can understand that the supporters are nervous.

unquote

This was all that was published regarding Arsenal. The rest of the article is about "les blues" the French national team.

What strikes me is that Sagna said that the Arsenal players knew that RVP was going to leave. Does the British media reflect on that? No they don't, and we all know why. He's now a Man U player with all the fringe benefits that brings.

They all jump on the Song departure that came as a surprise, and the media wouldn't be the media if they didn't put their own negative swing on it.

When will this bias end ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Man Utd are spending the next three years TV rights increase on Van Persie. I'm hoping a judicious bit of Turkish filth tonight puts him out of the game for a while. It's usually Internationals than end up with him getting crocked.

I was amazed that he only scored his 100th Premiership goal the other day, it shows just how little Arsenal have had out of him over the years.

Horse placenta, etc.

Thanks for the translation Yermanee.

"In May, I watched Manchester City's parade on television. I watched Samir and Gael lift the trophy. It makes you want that," said the France international, according to the Beeb, which just about justifies their headline "Bacary Sagna reveals doubts about Arsenal transfer policy". Of course he has revealled no such thing, but equally he pointedly said nothing that could be deemed supportive of the way thoings are developing at Arsenal.

At the very least, his comments are ill-timed and destructive - particularly towards incoming team-mates.

Fans will say that this is the media creating a mountain out of a molehill. Unless I see something to the contrary on his facebook or twitter page, this supporter thinks Sagna will be next up for auction! Hope he is professional enough to be committed, nonetheless, and that our performances in new format persuade him to sign a new contract - it's up for renewal at the end of next season. He is one of the best fullbacks around.

The money men at Arsenal (whoever it is that is driving the cautious and conservative approach to Arsenal's finances) will want to keep him. Defenders do not earn big bucks, so you can't make the same amount of dosh feeding them to the Manchester machine as you can strikers and midfielders.

Have a feeling Migsy and Chicog will be drumming me off the thread soon!

Man Utd are spending the next three years TV rights increase on Van Persie. I'm hoping a judicious bit of Turkish filth tonight puts him out of the game for a while. It's usually Internationals than end up with him getting crocked.

I was amazed that he only scored his 100th Premiership goal the other day, it shows just how little Arsenal have had out of him over the years.

Horse placenta, etc.

Very true just imagine how many goals he will score at United this season!

Thanks for the translation Yermanee.

The money men at Arsenal (whoever it is that is driving the cautious and conservative approach to Arsenal's finances) will want to keep him. Defenders do not earn big bucks, so you can't make the same amount of dosh feeding them to the Manchester machine as you can strikers and midfielders.

Your very welcome.

Whichever way the British media distorts what has really been said doesn't reflect well on them does it?

Anyway I agree that it's not upto Sagna who leaves and who stays. Football is a business and it's not the worker bee's that decide on the way a business is run.

Yermanee wai.gif

I'm afraid Suarez might actually get some decisions from referees if he stopped the constant diving, cheating, intimidating officials and pretended every single touch is a serious injury.

With Barton and Savage gone from the Premiership, I think he's probably now the neutrals most loathed player.

The first "incident" was definitely not a penalty, the second one would have been harsh since he simply stopped to let Mertesacker run into him when perhaps it might have been more productive to try and strike the ball rather than attempt to win a penalty.

The scousers might as well get rid of Suarez, every ref in the prem has him sussed and he won't even win 80/20 decisions.

Whatever else you might say about Suarez, he is a very gifted footballer that creates a spark up front that few others can. This season he has done everything but score, and yes, i know, that's an important part of the game, but the goals will come, and perhaps when they do, he'll lose some of the frustration that brings out all the theatrics.

santi - nah not gonna tell you off for that

end of the day we all have to accept that its a business for everyone involved. everyone wants results - whether its financials or trophies. the player's and management decisions will be driven by those results.

the fans also have our own expectation. for me personally, sure Id love for my team to win every game, and for all our best players to stay with us forever (bring back the invincible Tony Adams, et all, and Bergkhamp and Overmars and etc etc....list goes on..) but its not realistic is it? So my position is, no matter what decisions are taken, I accept them in stride, and continue to support the team, and ALL the players, the coach, the whoever :D

go gunners ;)

Whatever else you might say about Suarez, he is a very gifted footballer that creates a spark up front that few others can. This season he has done everything but score, and yes, i know, that's an important part of the game, but the goals will come, and perhaps when they do, he'll lose some of the frustration that brings out all the theatrics.

I'm always amazed that so many people choose to overlook all the bad things about a person just because he's gifted footballer..

No matter how good Suarez is, the fact is that he's a diver, a cheat and a racist. May even have cost Kenny's job for supporting Suarez..

Don't you care how all the negativity around this one person reflects on your club ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

I'm always amazed that so many people choose to overlook all the bad things about a person just because he's gifted footballer..

No matter how good Suarez is, the fact is that he's a diver, a cheat and a racist. May even have cost Kenny's job for supporting Suarez..

Don't you care how all the negativity around this one person reflects on your club ?

Yermanee wai.gif

Must admit to being a little intrigued yermanee. Seen you around the forum a couple of years now and never noticed you on the football forum. Is your interest in Arsenal a new thing?

Anyway, had you popped your nose in to this part of the forum a bit earlier and a bit more often, you would know that i am about the furthest thing you can get from a Liverpool fan. You would only have to look in the Liverpool thread over the last couple of days to see very clear evidence of that. And that is not the only evidence you would have. You would also have evidence that i am the last person to defend Suarez for a lot of what he has said and what he has done.

But, despite all that, i still recognise the great footballer that he is. It's not that i overlook all the bad things about him when i say that, it's that they simply don't come into the equation. This isn't a beauty pageant we are talking. Judging a footballer isn't about who is the nicest or who is the most rounded, this is about who can do great things with a ball at their feet. He can.

To be quite honest i would have taken him ahead of RVP. SAF would of straightened out his character flaws in no time and then you would of really seen the best of him.

Must admit to being a little intrigued yermanee. Seen you around the forum a couple of years now and never noticed you on the football forum. Is your interest in Arsenal a new thing?

Anyway, had you popped your nose in to this part of the forum a bit earlier and a bit more often, you would know that i am about the furthest thing you can get from a Liverpool fan. You would only have to look in the Liverpool thread over the last couple of days to see very clear evidence of that. And that is not the only evidence you would have. You would also have evidence that i am the last person to defend Suarez for a lot of what he has said and what he has done.

But, despite all that, i still recognise the great footballer that he is. It's not that i overlook all the bad things about him when i say that, it's that they simply don't come into the equation. This isn't a beauty pageant we are talking. Judging a footballer isn't about who is the nicest or who is the most rounded, this is about who can do great things with a ball at their feet. He can.

To be quite honest i would have taken him ahead of RVP. SAF would of straightened out his character flaws in no time and then you would of really seen the best of him.

I've been on the Arsenal topic for quite a while now, and occasionally on the Tottenham topic but that's not the point.

You seem to be able to separate the man from his sporting abilities. Well I cannot, for me it's one package, and in the case of Suarez the negatives outweigh the positives by quite a distance as far as I'm concerned.

And about SAF straightening him out, that's conjecture isn't it and will probably never happen, I think SAF is clever enough to have recognized Suarez for what he is.

But we're way of topic here, this should be about the Arsenal and not about individuals from other teams.

Just my opinion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee

I've been on the Arsenal topic for quite a while now, and occasionally on the Tottenham topic but that's not the point.

You seem to be able to separate the man from his sporting abilities. Well I cannot, for me it's one package, and in the case of Suarez the negatives outweigh the positives by quite a distance as far as I'm concerned.

And about SAF straightening him out, that's conjecture isn't it and will probably never happen, I think SAF is clever enough to have recognized Suarez for what he is.

But we're way of topic here, this should be about the Arsenal and not about individuals from other teams.

Just my opinion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee

Considering the number of idiots who play football, and the general trend (not always, but often) that the better the player, the more arrogant, self centred and unpleasant they become, one wonders how you are able to support any team.

Just my opinion.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yermanee

Considering the number of idiots who play football, and the general trend (not always, but often) that the better the player, the more arrogant, self centred and unpleasant they become, one wonders how you are able to support any team.

Yes perhaps the behaviour of a certain Cristiano Ronaldo deserves a special mention in terms of appalling gut churning behaviour. He's feels sad the little dear. playing for the biggest team in the world earning nearly 200k a week!

• Like 1

You can wonder as much as you like, I do support the Arsenal and I know I'm in the minority here. Furthermore I like to say it the way I see it, if that's not what you like then so be it.I believe that's what forums are for, to be able to voice an opinion. At least I don't go crying about you on another topic.

Lesson learned again about you and not for the first time.

Congratulations you made it to my ignore list as of now.

Yermanee

You can wonder as much as you like, I do support the Arsenal and I know I'm in the minority here.

Not particularly no. Each team thread has no more than a handful of regular contributers.

Furthermore I like to say it the way I see it, if that's not what you like then so be it.

How have you taken me stating that in fact most footballers are knobs, but that doesn't mean they can't play football darn well, as me being the one who doesn't say it the way i see it?

I am saying the way i see. You are saying the way you see it. I haven't been rude to you, not that i am aware of anyway. You haven't been rude to me. It's called having a different opinion and discussing it. Is this not something you have come across before?

At least I don't go crying about you on another topic.

If you don't understand a United supporter making a joke about being called a Liverpool supporter, which is all i was doing, well then either you have a comprehension problem or you have no sense of humour... or perhaps both?

Yermanee

Seems like that is probably for the best. Cheerio strange fellow.

You can wonder as much as you like, I do support the Arsenal and I know I'm in the minority here. Furthermore I like to say it the way I see it, if that's not what you like then so be it.I believe that's what forums are for, to be able to voice an opinion. At least I don't go crying about you on another topic.

Yermanee

What happens when you make it to your ignore list? does it work both ways?

Edited by MrRed

Whats a brussel sprout doing supporting the gooners?

Does it matter ?

Yermanee

Not at all, just interested. Is that alright?

Yes off course, if you really want to know it was Mike Riley in the game that ended the unbeaten run.

I had never seen such a biased referee in all my years of watching football and I started to become interested in the wronged team.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

Whats a brussel sprout doing supporting the gooners?

Does it matter ?

Yermanee

Not at all, just interested. Is that alright?

Yes off course, if you really want to know it was Mike Riley in the game that ended the unbeaten run.

I had never seen such a biased referee in all my years of watching football and I started to become interested in the wronged team.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

You obviously didn't see the Chelsea Barca semi final a few years ago. Even Chelsea haters though it was a 'disgrace'.

Admittedly while they were laughing.

• Like 1

You obviously didn't see the Chelsea Barca semi final a few years ago. Even Chelsea haters though it was a 'disgrace'.

Admittedly while they were laughing.

Obviously one takes enormous pleasure from seeing your most loathed rivals getting a thrashing, but seeing them being robbed by useless and highly suspect refereeing, offers surprisingly little in the way of satisfaction for me. I do try and enjoy it, but it always feels a bit forced. biggrin.png

Anyway, i'll hand you over to carms now as if i recall correctly, he has a nice little anecdote about Barca supporters that might offer you some small comfort.