Arsenal

MiG16

1. Nice to see an ex Stokie sorting your defense out.Many pundits are saying what a good job he has done with your defensive play.He has even bought in a goal keeper with a lion attitude instead of a pussycat

One nil to the arsenal again lol lol.I here he is training them to head a ball too,but after he teaches them to to centre a ball.

one stevie bould theres only one stevie bould

You obviously didn't see the Chelsea Barca semi final a few years ago. Even Chelsea haters though it was a 'disgrace'.

Admittedly while they were laughing.

Obviously one takes enormous pleasure from seeing your most loathed rivals getting a thrashing, but seeing them being robbed by useless and highly suspect refereeing, offers surprisingly little in the way of satisfaction for me. I do try and enjoy it, but it always feels a bit forced. biggrin.png

Anyway, i'll hand you over to carms now as if i recall correctly, he has a nice little anecdote about Barca supporters that might offer you some small comfort.

So true Rix i do don't i.

No one likes to see blatent FIFA match fixing which is exactly what that was. Knowing that the only reason you won the game was because Sepp had decided that it would not be another all English semi final under any circumstances was very hard to take for my mate.

Rix stood alone, defiant, in his not understanding the true power of sportsmanship. What was the bit not grasped....the difference between poor refereeing and just plain and simple corruption and cheating. laugh.png

Edited by carmine

No one likes to see blatent FIFA match fixing which is exactly what that was. Knowing that the only reason you won the game was because Sepp had decided that it would not be another all English semi final under any circumstances was very hard to take for my mate.

Rix stood alone, defiant, in his not understanding the true power of sportsmanship. What was the bit not grasped....the difference between poor refereeing and just plain and simple corruption and cheating. laugh.png

Thanks mate. wink.png

So mjj, you've had carms rousing speech, feeling any better now? biggrin.png

1. Nice to see an ex Stokie sorting your defense out.Many pundits are saying what a good job he has done with your defensive play.He has even bought in a goal keeper with a lion attitude instead of a pussycat

One nil to the arsenal again lol lol.I here he is training them to head a ball too,but after he teaches them to to centre a ball.

one stevie bould theres only one stevie bould

Except you forgot he learned his trade properly under George Graham and is merely sharing that knowledge with the next generation.

It's just nice that Wenger has a No. 2 that actually wants to spend some time working on defence, and more importantly, according to the players, he's not afraid to put a rocket up their arse either, something neither Wenger nor Rice would do.

Thanks mate. wink.png

I can you're impressed and have learnt from past misjudgements of that game.

One day i shall treat you to my "The club that Bill Nicholson built" speech. Believe me, not a dry eye in the house. I need to be inebriated first though.

I'm jealous of you today Rix if the weather in cornwall is anything like as nice as it is on Samui. laugh.png

One day i shall treat you to my "The club that Bill Nicholson built" speech. Believe me, not a dry eye in the house. I need to be inebriated first though.

James been introducing you to some North American sports there mate?

Dear old "Swish" eh? Must admit, you do have to feel for the man. Bit like a goalkeeper being given the nickname "howler", or a rugby player being known as "fumble". biggrin.png

Thanks mate. wink.png

Any ill feeling I had has now been washed away after the cl this year. I said to a guy at work I wanted Barca in the semi and hoped we would get some kind of revenge and that's exactly what we got. They played the better football no doubt, but Messi missing a penalty and us knocking them out to go on and win it was perfect. For me it was a must win game at any cost and we won.

Prior to the 'cheating' match, Chelsea Barca games were good games and hopefully they will be again.

Thanks mate. wink.png

Any ill feeling I had has now been washed away after the cl this year. I said to a guy at work I wanted Barca in the semi and hoped we would get some kind of revenge and that's exactly what we got. They played the better football no doubt, but Messi missing a penalty and us knocking them out to go on and win it was perfect. For me it was a must win game at any cost and we won.

Prior to the 'cheating' match, Chelsea Barca games were good games and hopefully they will be again.

Understood. Only thing i would say is any revenge that needed to be dished out really should have been directed not at Barca but at Platini and all the anti-anglophiles at UEFA.

Diaby is injured again. He scored Frances only goal to win their Finnish qualifier (typical Diaby steaming down the middle and an excellent finish - on youT), but picked up muscular stiffness. It keeps him out of their rematch, but lets hope not out of any Gunner games. He's on somewhat of a roll!

With him being back playing and Giroud arriving that makes it six Arsenal or ex-Arsenal players in the French squad (when Sagna and Nasri are fit), though only Diaby made the team last week.

Honestly, Diaby has two average games, one reasonably good one and all of a sudden he's called "colossal" by one source.

He makes Sicknote look positively healthy.

...and "the new Patrick Viera" by at least two other sources. Gotta laugh at journos. A dull draw against Soton and it'll be back to the usual "where are the goals going to come from" line.

Honestly, Diaby has two average games, one reasonably good one and all of a sudden he's called "colossal" by one source.

...and "the new Patrick Viera" by at least two other sources. Gotta laugh at journos. A dull draw against Soton and it'll be back to the usual "where are the goals going to come from" line.

If he has one more half decent match Wenger will be saying "It's just like having a new player....."

Edited by Chicog

obviously the goals are going to come from Drogba - if you believe the super soar-away Sun..

Szczezsznzezyz should be back for the Southampton game. Good - Mannone has not been put under too much pressure in his stand-in games, but looked a bit small, flappy and vulnerable to me.

Diaby is 50/50 - probably better to start with Ramsey anyway. Walcott also recovering from virus and doubtful. Not a huge miss if one of Ox or Gervinho can turn it on.

The defense has played well so far - probably no changes there - keep Koscielny for the midweek game.

By the end of the month we should have Sagna and Frimpong back with Wilshere and Rosicky to follow a couple of weeks later. We need a few returnees given the crowded schedule in the next month.

Should be 2-0, 2-1 or something like that against Southampton. You never know with Arsenal though. Looking forward to seeing whether Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud can continue to develop together up front. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chamak on the bench and given some game time if Arsenal can get their noses well in front. Wenger has to do something to try to warm him up for those important (bah!) Milk Cup games ahead!

Now if I can persuade teelak to do the early part of her mate's party on her own tonight in some lower Sukhumvit bar I can nip round the corner and see if I can persuade the Chinese owner to show it on one of the tellys in the soi 5 alleyway pool bar. Only Arsenal could keep me away from a load of amorous drunken bar girls thumbsup.gif.

Edited by SantiSuk

^ you know you really must learn to keep a lid on it smokie, me old chap. wink.png

that gob of yours and those rose coloured spectacles you insist on wearing do get you into some bother from time to time. biggrin.png

now hows that new manager of yours getting a long and hows he going to get that goal average of yours a little bit higher, so as not to be fighting a relegation battle before the turn of the year ? whistling.gif

^ you know you really must learn to keep a lid on it smokie, me old chap. wink.png

that gob of yours and those rose coloured spectacles you insist on wearing do get you into some bother from time to time. biggrin.png

now hows that new manager of yours getting a long and hows he going to get that goal average of yours a little bit higher, so as not to be fighting a relegation battle before the turn of the year ? whistling.gif

Stick up a tune on the thread then you miserable bugger. biggrin.png

You ok yermanee? laugh.png

Can't stop laughing.laugh.png

Masterful display yesterday.

Gerve the swerve got to show what he really can do laugh.png

Scsszszezss was a little rusty.

Lu Lu Lu Poldi immense.

Cazorla (Fabregas who ???)

Loved the team spirit.

BTW replay is on Truesport 1 at 17.00.

I'll be watching.

Yermanee wai.gif

Sorry MIG16 for my yesterdays reply. I was in a bit of alcohol related mood at the time of posting.

Anyway the Arsenal gloom and doom crowd is noticeably absent isn't it ? Deafening silence is what I hear. whistling.gif

Watched again yesterday. First half had some breathtaking football ( Except for scccezzzss howler).

Tried to watch the Tott's last night but fell a sleep.

Yermanee wai.gif

Sorry MIG16 for my yesterdays reply. I was in a bit of alcohol related mood at the time of posting.

Anyway the Arsenal gloom and doom crowd is noticeably absent isn't it ? Deafening silence is what I hear. whistling.gif

Watched again yesterday. First half had some breathtaking football ( Except for scccezzzss howler).

Yermanee wai.gif

Well done to Arsenal but one home win against the bottom of the league, a season doth not make.wink.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Well done to Arsenal but one home win against the bottom of the league, a season doth not make.wink.png

Best leave them to their delusions mrboj....reality will be along soon enough. Lightweights that lot this season. biggrin.png

Yermanee wai.gif

Best leave them to their delusions mrboj....reality will be along soon enough. Lightweights that lot this season. biggrin.png

It sounds to me like you two are suggesting Arsenal are flat track bullies. smile.png

I'm sure they played well though but i also have a feeling that Soton will be on the wrong end of similar beatings this season.

Carmines 1st prediction for the season. Arsenal implosion to be fully underway by mid february with plastic water bottles flying all over the place