Arsenal

MiG16

Rats. Just as I was thinking I dont like trhe way this game is shaping up ..... All part of the ups and downs of supporting Arsenal. The easy games are the most likely to trip them up.

Bye bye Gervinho. There was a glimmer of a prospect you might show your worth, but I suspect (hope?) that's your swan song done.

Phew. Delighted to see I'm being too pesimistic again.

Very unconvincing until the substitutions were made. Weak reffing for the second, but overall we deserved the 3 points

We have also now overhauled Chelseas previously much better goal difference. I recall them being 8 or 9 better than us six weeks ago. Could be very important in the final days of the season.

I hate you all.

Come off it Smokie you should be used to it by now smile.png

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the referees continue to gift you goals like your first and third yesterday you could play your ladies team and finish third.

The officials were a nonsense and need demoting. i do think you probably deserved to win but thats not really the issue when we have an offside rule and are quite happy to rely on the decision of no penalty from a ref that was on the spot rather than allowing himself to be overuled by a linesmen that was about 400 meters away. Farcical but there you go.

I doubt the hypocrit Wenger saw any of the incidents. smile.png

Agree with you about the third Carmine - one of the most abject pieces of offside decision making I have seen. That same linesman was however quite entitled to call the foul on Giroud as he saw it - and having now seen it again without the True V pixels disappearing on me thru' atmospherics I think he got it right. Clear pull down by tugging the shirt, if not also assisted by a leg break, taking his feet away.

"Always given (for a shirt tug)" according to many of the Sky commentators. "Sometimes not given, according to this commentator to justify his initial call which "for me" (his favourite irritating phrase) was an obvious spot-kick when you saw the replay from a semi-profile perspective. The Norwich players wasted their time questioning the linesman and should have been asking the ref how he came to the decision. It was weak of him; he should have had a face to face discussion with the linesman (sorry referees assistant) and then taken a view, so that the authority was clearly his. Your right about potential demotion or black marks though Carmine because I expect his reviewer will be picking him up on that piece of bad expectation management.

I don't agree that the ref had a better view than the linesman, the latter would have seen the pull down in profile while both players were head on to the referee. They both had a right to have a view and it's plain daft to say a linesman can't give advice to a ref just because he was further away.

Anyway, we won. I'll resist falling into the preemptory triumphalism for which you Spuds are so renowned. Everything still to play for. I'm hoping Chelsea stay in there to win the FA Cup and Europa League and keep their resources stretched*. $hit, they can't get a Champions League spot for either of those can theytongue.png ?

Having said that we should be starting out of the traps much brighter than we do. The lads have got a week between games for heaven's sake (though not this week). Maybe that's too much time to think about things.

PS, Theo should have had a penalty when their right back shoved him off the ball with his bum and thigh. The presenter was quite right though - they are never given (these days). The laws should be re-written if refs are going to redefine what is meant by the word 'shoulder' in my view

The linesman has every right to call a foul i know. Howver he was 30 yards away, the ref was 10 yards away and he wasn't goping to call it and then took the unbelievable decision to overule himself!!

BTW, if you agree "they are never given" which would suggest that no one gets them why do you say that Walcott should have had a penalty when no one else would have been awarded it? thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine

The linesman has every right to call a foul i know. Howver he was 30 yards away, the ref was 10 yards away and he wasn't goping to call it and then took the unbelievable decision to overule himself!!

BTW, if you agree "they are never given" which would suggest that no one gets them why do you say that Walcott should have had a penalty when no one else would have been awarded it? thumbsup.gif

Oh stop with your whining, it was an obvious penalty and if it hadn't been given the ref would have rightly copped a load of abuse.

The assistant referee (they aren't called linesmen any more) was quick to make the correct decision and from his angle clearly saw the shirt pulling, something the ref obviously missed from his angle.

The natural order has been restored, and the tiny totts are now 11/8 for a top four spot with Arsenal at 1/3 and Chelsea at 1/5.

However, Wenger must accept that he's going to have a far less easy time against the Toffees on Tuesday. No mucking about with resting players and a strong bench - start with the best team and worry about the subs later, Everton will play 4-5-1 with Jelavic up front.

P.S. The Walcott incident was *never* a penalty.

Edited by Chicog

Never thought we would get anything at Arsenal anyway, but we did have you sweating for a while. On first on Match of the Day, that's a first for Norwich this season.

The linesman was terrible, how he can see what happened from 40 yards for the penalty, then miss a clear offside on the third goal from 5 yards. Very dubious as to his intentions.

As for the penalty, mixed reactions from MOTD pundits, if you see it close up, they both had hold of each others shirts, also it should never have been a corner, Snodgrass never touched the ball, again the same linesman.

Was he getting desperate for a match fixing result?? 3 clear cut wrong decisions in the last 5 minutes influenced by a linesman not ref .

Good luck to Arsenal, they played with great determination at the end

The linesman was terrible, how he can see what happened from 40 yards for the penalty, then miss a clear offside on the third goal from 5 yards. Very dubious as to his intentions.

As for the penalty, mixed reactions from MOTD pundits, if you see it close up, they both had hold of each others shirts, also it should never have been a corner, Snodgrass never touched the ball, again the same linesman.

The ASSISTANT REFEREE had a very clear view across of Giroud being pulled down as he went to strike the ball; the real question is why the foul anyway, from that angle it would missed more than an Adebayor penalty.

As for the offside, we've had enough dubious decisions against us that I'll take one in our favour; the ASSISTANT REFEREE was out of position and could not have called offside from where he was stood; and the officials are supposed to rule in favour of the attackers if they cannot decide.

Anyway, I hope Norwich get the points they need, along with every other team in the mix except Stoke. I hope United thrash them to within 2.54 centimetres of their lives tonight.

The ASSISTANT REFEREE had a very clear view across of Giroud being pulled down as he went to strike the ball; the real question is why the foul anyway, from that angle it would missed more than an Adebayor penalty.

As for the offside, we've had enough dubious decisions against us that I'll take one in our favour; the ASSISTANT REFEREE was out of position and could not have called offside from where he was stood; and the officials are supposed to rule in favour of the attackers if they cannot decide.

Anyway, I hope Norwich get the points they need, along with every other team in the mix except Stoke. I hope United thrash them to within 2.54 centimetres of their lives tonight.

Thanks, I hope we do to, home to Reading next week, three of our last five are at home, agree about Stoke tonight, also need Newcastle to beat Sunderland to keep them in the relegation mix.

Good luck on Tuesday

Thanks for highlighting what a poncey new name the linesman has been given. Reminded me why i don't use it...assistant ref my arse....its simply naff.

Edited by carmine

The ASSISTANT REFEREE

Thanks for highlighting what a poncey new name the linesman has been given. Reminded me why i don't use it...assistant ref my arse....its simply naff.

Yeah and Air Stewardesses are not Cabin Crew biggrin.png

Hot cabin crew preferably. Mmmmm Air Asia.....! tongue.png

They haven't been linesmen since 1996. What f***ing cave do you live in?

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

I couldn't give a sh1t if they haven't been called linesmen since 1896. Don't really see why ti\he passing of time makes it a better name.

I can't believe the world gets so shocked when fouls are called and direct free kicks are given for shirt pulling.

Oh wait, it happened in the box you say!

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

biggrin.png

I couldn't give a sh1t if they haven't been called linesmen since 1896. Don't really see why ti\he passing of time makes it a better name.

Well you're a tiny totts fan, like the rest of your ilk you're still trapped in 1961.

thumbsup.gif

And lineswoman don't forget. biggrin.png

Assistant referee is not sexist. wink.png

But I think they are linesperson's........or lady linesmen.....or

Edited by uptheos

Well from what I saw of it, it was always going to be a competitive game, but the satellite gods conspired to f*** up the signal from 40 mins on, so I was left watching a cursor blink on Flashscore.com.

A point's a point I suppose, I don't expect Fulham (A) to be any easier as that particular derby has always been hard work for us.

But what a Super Sunday to look forward to smile.png

Fair result that in the end. Best result for us as well.

Cheers. smile.png

i would just be keeping an eye on our goal difference that you were banging on about at the beginning of the season Smokes. hate to think of you going through more heartache because of your inadequacy to score goals. biggrin.png

BTW isn't it great to see 3 Welsh sides in the premier league next season ?

Cardiff

Swansea

and Gareth Bale.

teach you and all the others for calling us out last season for being a one man team. whistling.gif

at least we are holding our own this season or is the league just <deleted> ? wink.png

now any of you other spuds care to bring the white straight jacket and Smokies box next time you care to venture on this thread.

i do worry about the poor chap sometimes ! tongue.png