Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

4 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

The only problem is the time its taking to leave, Just shut the door, tell them to whistle for the cash, and tell the buggers leave and you wont be let back if you don't have a tax paying job or are sponging with free housing and dole money. 18 months later new deals will be in place, and UK will be happy again, You really think EU countries won't work with the UK, or except out workers and holiday makers? Refuse to do business? Not a chance, in fact the only reason its dragging on is the EU is scared other members will start to leave, if they don't make it seem differcult to leave.

Whenever I see the word “Just” at the start of a sentence followed by an instruction, I know the speaker does not understand the issue.

12 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

The only problem is the time its taking to leave, Just shut the door, tell them to whistle for the cash, and tell the buggers leave and you wont be let back if you don't have a tax paying job or are sponging with free housing and dole money. 18 months later new deals will be in place, and UK will be happy again, You really think EU countries won't work with the UK, or except out workers and holiday makers? Refuse to do business? Not a chance, in fact the only reason its dragging on is the EU is scared other members will start to leave, if they don't make it seem differcult to leave.

absolutely right. only the rules of cooperation will change accordingly. That's what it's all about. When the uk becomes a third state, the rules of cooperation will have to be renegotiated. That this usually lasts longer has already got around among most of the brexiteers.

16 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

It’s not difficult to leave, it just means rebuilding your place in the world starting from Ground Zero.

How many countries outside the EU have confirmed that they will still trade with us, maintain visa arrangements, as at present, when we are no longer part of agreements between them and the EU?

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Nice data.

Development from 2015 to 2016.

Any idea how high the share of EU funding for research and development in digital and high tech projects within the UK was?

Edited by tomacht8

23 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

absolutely right. only the rules of cooperation will change accordingly. That's what it's all about. When the uk becomes a third state, the rules of cooperation will have to be renegotiated. That this usually lasts longer has already got around among most of the brexiteers.

"When the uk becomes a third state" ..... sorry, I don't understand this, when the UK becomes a third state of where or what ?

Would you be kind enough to explain ..... thanks 

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

"When the uk becomes a third state" ..... sorry, I don't understand this, when the UK becomes a third state of where or what ?

Would you be kind enough to explain ..... thanks 

How u call a not eu member state?

Third-country nationals (formerly partly also third-country l, spanisch nacional de tercer país, italienisch cittadino di un paese terzo, französisch ressortissant de pays tiers, niederländisch onderdaan van een derde land) is a legal term from the asylum and immigration law of the European Union. It is essentially used to designate those nationals who are excluded from the right to freedom of movement under European law.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

t’s not difficult to leave, it just means rebuilding your place in the world starting from Ground Zero.

How many countries outside the EU have confirmed that they will still trade with us, maintain visa arrangements, as at present, when we are no longer part of agreements between them and the EU?

That sounds like a very good plan, and would allow us to ask " what have you to offer that can't be sourced from the Common wealth countries and Asia" You want visas, then so do we. Remember That France insists on passports when the rest allowed tripper cards, still I believe! !8 months for the dust to settle!

28 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Nice data.

Development from 2015 to 2016.

Any idea how high the share of EU funding for research and development in digital and high tech projects within the UK was?

Why not submit an FoI request & find out?

Just now, phetpeter said:

We'll sell it what shares haven't been sold to the Arabs or Chinese

You do understand what bankrupt means, don’t you?

When you say “we” I take it you mean the Receivers, who will probably be appointed by a European court.  So in the context of Brexit, “they” would probably be more appropriate.  

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Why not submit an FoI request & find out?

I do not need that because I am well informed about research and development programs.
the eu is quite transparent. Look at the pages of the eu yourself.
Keyword horizon2020.
if you are interested here the entry link:
https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/h2020-sections

Edited by tomacht8

Bankruptcy is a legal status of a person or other entity that cannot repay debts to creditors. In most jurisdictions, bankruptcy is imposed by a court order, often initiated by the debtor. Bankruptcy is not the only legal status that an insolvent person may have, and the term bankruptcy is therefore not a synonym for insolvency. In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, bankruptcy is limited to individuals; other forms of insolvency proceedings are applied to companies. In the United States, bankruptcy is applied more broadly to formal insolvency proceedings. In France, the cognate French word banqueroute is used solely for cases of fraudulent bankruptcy, whereas the term faillite is used for bankruptcy in accordance with the law. 

You are assuming the UK part of the business would jump first. If others go first then we could end up being the owners of a original TIR agreement which has nothing to do with the EU

Edited by phetpeter

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Since the Mini was originally British and had a following as such it was decided to have the brand 'made in Britain' although I suspect most is made outside the UK, Britain is just the assembly plant, nothing to do with 'clout', same with Rolls Royce, designed and produced in Germany, assembled in the UK for the 'made in Britain' stamp. Nobody would want a Mercedes made in France for instance, in this case Germany belongs to the label just as Britain belongs to the label of Mini or Rolls Royce, it's just marketing. The designer by the way of the original Mini was Greek (OK British Greek ) Alec Issigonis.  

Rolls Royce Motors are actually made at Goodwood in Sussex, UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Motor_Cars

Volkswagen agreed to sell BMW the Spirit of Ecstasy and grill shape trademarks and BMW agreed to continue supplying engines and components until 2003. Volkswagen continued to produce Rolls-Royce branded vehicles between 1998 and 2003, giving BMW time to build a new Rolls-Royce administrative headquarters and production facility on the Goodwood Estate near Chichester, West Sussex, and develop the Phantom, the first Rolls-Royce from the new company. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited became the exclusive manufacturer of Rolls-Royce branded cars in 2003. Rolls-Royce announced in September 2014 that a new technology and logistics centre will be built, due to open in 2016, 8 miles away from the main headquarters, in the seaside resort town of Bognor Regis.[3]

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

How u call a not eu member state?

Third-country nationals (formerly partly also third-country l, spanisch nacional de tercer país, italienisch cittadino di un paese terzo, französisch ressortissant de pays tiers, niederländisch onderdaan van een derde land) is a legal term from the asylum and immigration law of the European Union. It is essentially used to designate those nationals who are excluded from the right to freedom of movement under European law.

"How u call a not eu member state?" ..... by the name of the country, ie: Argentina, India, Bolivia, Thailand etc. That was the easy part.

As for the rest of your comment, if you would be kind enough to translate it into Martian, it will at least give me a fighting chance ..... many thanks 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Volkswagen agreed to sell BMW the Spirit of Ecstasy and grill shape trademarks and BMW agreed to continue supplying engines and components until 2003. Volkswagen continued to produce Rolls-Royce branded vehicles between 1998 and 2003, giving BMW time to build a new Rolls-Royce administrative headquarters and production facility on the Goodwood Estate near Chichester, West Sussex, and develop the Phantom, the first Rolls-Royce from the new company. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited became the exclusive manufacturer of Rolls-Royce branded cars in 2003. Rolls-Royce announced in September 2014 that a new technology and logistics centre will be built, due to open in 2016, 8 miles away from the main headquarters, in the seaside resort town of Bognor Regis.[3]

That just goes to show what Auto-UK can achieve within the EU, regardless of whether our capitalists choose to maintain our industries under UK.   The UK car industry has thrived thanks to Europe, and despite UK government intervention and the unions.  Imagine what will happen once Tata are also freed from the dead hand of European workers' rights!

Edited by StreetCowboy

Sometimes it is sad to read how less some few critics know about the eu in detail. 

Britain benefits greatly from EU funding.
Although the United Kingdom spends more on the EU budget on paper than it gets, the country benefits greatly from the grant money from Brussels. In the years 2007 to 2013, Great Britain received more than seven billion euros for research and innovation programs. Two only small examples, which are likely to determine the daily life of tens of thousands: The British creative industries, especially filmmakers and a total of 52 cinemas, have been funded in the past two years with 40 million euros. And then there is the Erasmus Plus program, which in 2014 supported more than 36 000 British students in their EU stays abroad.

5.2 billion euros are already earmarked for 2020 for British agriculture and rural development and 4.9 billion euros for social projects. In addition, there are 206 million euros for initiatives against youth unemployment. Not to mention the almost six billion euros of the regional development fund, which primarily supports research and innovation.

At the end, populists can talk shit about every project. But innovative, constructive suggestions are not there. Sad.

16 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Sometimes it is sad to read how less some few critics know about the eu in detail. 

Britain benefits greatly from EU funding.
Although the United Kingdom spends more on the EU budget on paper than it gets, the country benefits greatly from the grant money from Brussels. In the years 2007 to 2013, Great Britain received more than seven billion euros for research and innovation programs. Two only small examples, which are likely to determine the daily life of tens of thousands: The British creative industries, especially filmmakers and a total of 52 cinemas, have been funded in the past two years with 40 million euros. And then there is the Erasmus Plus program, which in 2014 supported more than 36 000 British students in their EU stays abroad.

5.2 billion euros are already earmarked for 2020 for British agriculture and rural development and 4.9 billion euros for social projects. In addition, there are 206 million euros for initiatives against youth unemployment. Not to mention the almost six billion euros of the regional development fund, which primarily supports research and innovation.

At the end, populists can talk shit about every project. But innovative, constructive suggestions are not there. Sad.

All that EU funding was aimed at diverting prosperity away from London,  to the Regions, with a view to weakening the British government.   Once we have achieved Brexit, we can concentrate on our commercial strengths - low cost manufacturing in the provinces with a labour force drawn from the Commonwealth, and money laundering in the City of London.

I need to see if I can get a ten-year visa, and then a retirement visa, if I still can.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Why have you responded to my comment with stuff about the UK. My comment was, in its entirety, about the surge in support for ‘populist’ parties within the EU, and the blame that can be apportioned to EU's monetary and immigration policies for this rise, which you were refusing to accept.

If you wish to post about other matters, I respectfully suggest that you post your own comment, rather than as a response to mine, when it has no relevance to what I have said.

Also, please don't instruct me to look things up, I don't take instructions from you or anyone else. If you want to look them up and post your findings, fine, but don't expect me to.

Read the OP

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ha *****g ha ...... please explain how Britain benefits greatly from EU funding when Britain is a net contributor

Is it because we are so well advised by EU bureaucrat's as to how to spend the 50% of our contribution that we get back in subsidies .... yer 'aving a larf, 'aint ya

do you really think the uk politicians and uk economists were stupid over 40 years and have not seen any benefits as a net contributor? 

Look at the evolution of statistical per capita income over 40 years. however, the distribution within the UK is bad. look at the gini coeficents. But the EU can not do anything about how the wealth is distributed within the UK.

In addition, the uk bureaucrats have been sitting in all EU committees for over 40 years, determining where the money ends up like.

the results of the EU to this day are also the results of the

participation of the UK!

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Grouse said:

Good to hear from you! Have you been away?

Yes, came over about a month ago for the birth of my grandson in Sheffield. Had 5 days in East Anglia and 5 up in Forres, sampling a few good malts on the way.

Been a brexit free zone for most of the time, back in LOS tomorrow.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Yes, came over about a month ago for the birth of my grandson in Sheffield. Had 5 days in East Anglia and 5 up in Forres, sampling a few good malts on the way.

Been a brexit free zone for most of the time, back in LOS tomorrow.

Congratulations! I'll bet you had a great time ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Many parts are supplied by BMW even the hand made aluminium body of the phantom are made by BMW at their plant in Dingolfing Bavaria. The V12 engine and powertrain are also made by BMW in Germany.