Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I am glad your not in my trench. I am under no illusion about what war is. But again some things are worth fighting for and loving and supporting your country use to be a good thing before the lefty, luvvies and tree huggers got their way. now your a racist, far right nut and undemocratic. Well it is utter tosh.  Regarding brexit. it is the best thing that has happened to the UK and will show in the long run.  The Federalised bullying EU is about control, eroding cultures and imposing their laws on people. Thankfully 52% can see that.

"lefty, luvvies and tree huggers" how to immediately nullify any point of view you might have or any hope of being taken seriously?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, I am British, no I did not vote I wasn't allowed not having lived in the UK for so long, and a difference of 4 is not sufficient for such an important question that will affect the lives of so many but that was the fault of an incapable government which didn't stipulate what makes up a defining majority.

The appalling divisions we are now experiencing are a direct result of an inadequate majority. That is why super majorities are usually required for constitutional issues. With such a close position, people will continue to fight their corner until the bitter end. Some of the most foolish Brexiters invoke disloyalty. IMO, Brexiters are disloyal for damaging the country with such a crap decision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Remind me1 Is that smaller or greater than 52%

insignificantly smaller, it may have been a different outcome if someones football team had won or if Joe had a tax rebate, whatever, I'm not there and it won't affect me.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I am glad your not in my trench. I am under no illusion about what war is. But again some things are worth fighting for and loving and supporting your country use to be a good thing before the lefty, luvvies and tree huggers got their way. now your a racist, far right nut and undemocratic. Well it is utter tosh.  Regarding brexit. it is the best thing that has happened to the UK and will show in the long run.  The Federalised bullying EU is about control, eroding cultures and imposing their laws on people. Thankfully 52% can see that.

"lefty, luvvies and tree huggers" how to immediately nullify any point of view you might have or any hope of being taken seriously?

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

"racist, far right nut and undemocratic." - you do realise though that all those people voted Brexit along with you? Do you really want to be in their gang?

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm not sure it can be said with any certainty that nobody voted for 'chaos', I have read and heard a number of comments from people who didn't think Brexit would improve their own life, but would (in their mind) make life difficult for [***] 

***  insert 'Bankers', 'The Elite', 'Lefties', 'Lefty Elite', 'Foreigners', 'Immigrants'..etc...

What is very clear however is that many Brexit supporters voted for things that we now learn are not going to be delivered.

The nation's fishing communities know now that they have been shafted, it turns out that despite Brexit leader denials we don't only need a transit deal, the transit deal is going to drag on for years. The Brexit bonus of cash saved from the EU to be handed to the NHS isn't ever going to happen, the EU is still going to pass laws and regulations that the UK will have to follow (only now no longer having any say in what those laws and regulations are), and free movement is not ending. 

The list goes on.

Leaving the EU is a good start. Nobody knows what else will happen yet. Or did you borrow Meg's crystal ball?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That also goes for the employers dissatisfaction with the 'skills' of some school leavers,some of whom are only semi literate.

As are many adults including, may I say, a few expats?

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The appalling divisions we are now experiencing are a direct result of an inadequate majority. That is why super majorities are usually required for constitutional issues. With such a close position, people will continue to fight their corner until the bitter end. Some of the most foolish Brexiters invoke disloyalty. IMO, Brexiters are disloyal for damaging the country with such a crap decision. 

You are becoming the Black Knight from Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

To quote the infamous Grouse, 'Utter nonsense'.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 10:42 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Thanks for outlining the globalist/remainer stance..."

Hmm... respectfully, you have not understood my post at all; this is not about whether Brexit is a good idea or not.

The UK is undertaking some of the most important negotiations in its entire history, and it seems to be doing so without any consensus on its objectives, without adequate preparation, without people who actually agree with what they are negotiating and without any agreed upon aims and goals. In short they seem to be "winging it".

That is a recipe for disaster.

A wise man once said, "when you are in a hole, stop digging."

Dig sideways so create room for a running start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

If you do a little homework you will find for a very small populous it is still up there...

Just look at what our small country is money pumping into the EU to bolster  other countries...

65m isnt small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1