Tourists flee in terror as jet ski operator shoots rival dead on Chaweng beach, Koh Samui

webfact

Both scrotes were 'packing' , and it was simply a criminal altercation between rival 'criminal elements'

Simple continuance with the BiB to do their clean up...

thankfully at least one of their gene pools is down one more player

especially more thankfully -  no collateral damage

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

True that. The other issue is that the major resort areas are populated with Thais who are very, very jaded, and very tired of putting up with the nonsense. That is certainly the case in Samui, Phuket, and Pattaya. In the case of Samui, there are very few locals left there. Most have cashed out long ago, and moved on. So, those that remain are there "only for the money". Makes them a hard lot, and not very pleasant to be around, for the most part. Certainly not all. The younger gals from Issan, who have not been there for long, are delightful as usual. And some are just simply exceptional, and capable of maintaining a great attitude despite the nonsense and the buttheads. But, alot are sour pusses. And very few have pride in the area, which leads to tremendous degradation of the environment, as seen on Samui in particular. Shame, as it is such a beautiful island. But, due to the lack of traffic mitigation, public transport, and pride on the part of the leaders, the locals, and the merchants, it will be like the Denpasar-Kuta area of Bali, within another five to ten years. 

As far as the hotheads go, Samui has always had them. Southern Thais tend to be very much in the hothead manner. Does not take much to set them off. And there has always been a lowlife element on Samui. I was aware of countless murders amongst Thais, when I was living there. It was relatively common. Not to mention the extraordinary number of traffic fatalities, due to extreme recklessness. But, that is another topic altogether. 

Pretty much sums it up. Lived here for 10 years and now really starting to detest the place.

There are still a lot of good people here but there are a lot only motivated by money , Thai and farang and they will do what it takes to get it.

The traffic is a nightmare now and in 5 years I dread to think what it will be like. The hillsides are now dotted with mass construction projects everywhere which look a mess. Going out costs a fortune to eat in a nice restaurant or drink in a reasonable bar. ( more than Europe)

As for tourist numbers It seems dead compared to years ago . The hotels may be busy but in shopping areas , bar areas etc apart from the odd place it is usually pretty average from what I see and I know a lot of people who own places. I think a lot are quite happy to sit on hotel beaches or go on boat trips all day then eat in their hotel and get an early night .

Don't see myself staying in samui past the next 5 years .

Just one more reason jet skis are the worst invention ever. Created solely for losers who cant surf but yet thrive on attention and are totally oblivious to the fact that their flawless mastery over these machines pretty much ruins everyones peace in the general vicinity. I actually enjoy watching the whole scam play out from the beach. Karma is awesome but not so much related to the dead macho Thais. RIP 

• Like 2

A post flaming and baiting another member has been removed also a reply to it,  there is really no need for all the name calling, more of the same abuse will only lead to a posting suspension.

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The money train has long left Thailand for Vietnam, Cambodia, and other countries... What Thailand is left with are married pensioners, who (also) feel the pinch thanks to the strong baht, Indian "quality tourists" who shop at Big C, and a huge number of "All Inclusive" Chinese tourists, whose expenses only benefit the same China travel agencies, and few Thailand shops (e.g. King Power) and restaurants over and over again. No wonder, that Thai people, who benefitted from individual tourists in the 1990s and 2000s (but not anymore) are increasingly bitter and distraught.

You've hit the nail on the head.  

28 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

So what, we're in the realms of conspiracy theories now are we - the tourist numbers are reported as being high but really they're not because you can't see them plus there's a military government who won't admit they're really low, that sort of thing!!!

Calm down, theres no need to rant.  All i'm attempting to convey is that theres little or no evidence of these huge numbers of tourists as physically boots on ground.  If they are not here then they're not here despite whatever graph is on display.

What is without question is huge numbers visiting Bangkok for a couple of days before flying on elsewhere.  Bangkok looks like its booming, with its 24/48 hour tourists.

This might well be the crux of the issue.  Possibly a very large number of arrivals are merely doing a brief Bangkok stopover?

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, carmine said:

Calm down, theres no need to rant.  All i'm attempting to convey is that theres little or no evidence of these huge numbers of tourists as physically boots on ground.  If they are not here then they're not here despite whatever graph is on display.

What is without question is huge numbers visiting Bangkok for a couple of days before flying on elsewhere.  Bangkok looks like its booming, with its 24/48 hour tourists.

This might well be the crux of the issue.  Possibly a very large number of arrivals are merely doing a brief Bangkok stopover?

A tourist is a tourist is a tourist, length of stay is not really relevant although it's perhaps worth noting that the average stay is as I  recall, 5 days.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't even know they had horrid jet skis on Chaweng till I read about this, but I guess it's not surprising as the beach was ruined long ago. Jet ski scammers should fit right in there.

Paradise lost, indeed.

Actually not, scammers were gone 10 years ago. 

This is only a conflict between two families. 

• Like 1

we love Koh Samui.

The islanders do what ever they feel free doing never accused of anything wrong always blaming foreigners.

However too many killing on the roads and murdered are happening in many parts of the islands as locals mafias style groups have no respect for any rules.

Even taxis meters are never using their meters busy dealing with substances parked waiting for suckers.

For settling dispute it very easy, spontaneous and not only in money terms but killings.

Jet skis operators hate each other and in this case the older one got rid of the youngest one.

Hell more each year or not sure any Paradise idealistic island is left remains the question ?

Death Archipel of islands.

On 2018-02-27 at 5:47 PM, hgma said:

It is time for a nation wide crack down on illegal gun possession! 

RIP

The laws are already there.

Illegal gun possession is, by it's very name, already against the law. (Illegal = Not Legal) 

There are laws against that. 

The problem is that ciminals don't obey the laws.   That's what makes them criminals.

Even in "gun control" countries like Canada, you have street gang thugs in cities like Toronto who carry pistols, and now and again shoot rival gang members dead in fights over controlling territory in the drug, prostitution and extortion "business".

The tightest gun laws don't do much to dis-arm criminals like gang members and other criminals who have no respect for the laws.

But those laws work really good for making sure the law-abiding citizens are unarmed. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition

3 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

There are guns absolutely everywhere in this country with hot headed men with the brains of   children.

So just like usa then .

U obviously you never been to North Chiang Mai, nobody owns a gun, rifles OK but none you bring for party