Tapper Beer at 7 11

ricklev

6 minutes ago, Coconut007 said:

99% chance of being made by the big 3... so overpriced shit anyway

With a name like Tappers there's a good chance it's made by TAP group (Heineken, Cheers, Tiger).

I'm not a big fan of any mass produced Thai beer, but at least TAP are starting to provide some variety in the cheaper range - Riceberry, Cheers blue and Cheers X-Tra (not bad), orange Cheers, strawberry Cheers, Strongbow ciders (no comment).

I haven't seen Tappers in my local shops yet, but I'm interested to give it a try.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, smileplur said:

That can looks like a rebranded version of Cheers.  With the same alcohol content, it wouldn't surprise me.

Nope not at all, I picked up a couple of each. Not the same at all. I liked the Trapper a bit more body than most Thai beers. Going to pick up a few more today

I recently tried a Heineken and didn't like it. Is it the same as in its home country. I tried it years ago at a brewery (home country) and liked it. Guess my tastes have changed. I like Beer Lao. Relevant to post because Heineken made by same brewer?

5 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Snowy Wiesen is the way forward. 

Excellent Wheat beer. The best beer made in Thailand by a country mile. Bought 12x490cl cans in a pack. Cost 47 baht a can.. 

Bought from where ?

6 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Avoid canned Beer. Enjoy Bottled. Think!

The advantage of canned beer is that since the can protects the beer from light it does not get skunked.  But people who thinks that "good beer" tastes & smells like sulfur should definitely buy beer in green bottles.

• Like 2

worth a try, as it gotta be better than LEO.
dont know what they did but it aint the LEO of 2 years ago. 

Yes they reduced the amount in the bottle, decreased the alcohol % and increased the price as well as making it taste bad.
I switched to Cheers X-tra.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Excellent Wheat beer. The best beer made in Thailand by a country mile. Bought 12x490cl cans in a pack. Cost 47 baht a can.. 

Sounds like the beer for me, where did you buy it?

I am in the Philippines, cheapest alcohol in Asia and great beers. 

The Gilbeys gin brewed in Incheon South Korea is superb and at $5 for 700mls, great value.  Good brandy $2 for 700mls too and Tanduay rum $2 a bottle. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I went to the off licence up here today to buy a bottle of Sang Som rum ( 180B ) and found

Snowy Wiesan , will try tonight , must be better than bottled lager , revolting stuff.

I guess you can buy Snowy Weizen up there but not down here?

2 minutes ago, rosst said:

I am in the Philippines, cheapest alcohol in Asia and great beers. 

The Gilbeys gin brewed in Incheon South Korea is superb and at $5 for 700mls, great value.  Good brandy $2 for 700mls too and Tanduay rum $2 a bottle. 

LOVE that Tanduay! Used to get it for a buck...still great value at $2. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My local village shop has just started selling this beer at 55 baht a can. I'm always keen to try new beers so I bought a couple and I'm drinking it as I type this post. Nice, I'm impressed.

I'm curious, were did you purchase a 12 pack? I've not seen it sold in any of the big players.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

The advantage of canned beer is that since the can protects the beer from light it does not get skunked.  But people who thinks that "good beer" tastes & smells like sulfur should definitely buy beer in green bottles.

More more, explain to the dismal beer failures where they have erred, oh beer expert.

Back on the topic of Tapper beer.

I found it in my local 7-11 this evening and I am into my second can now (53 baht per 490cl can).

First impression - it has a light taste and is easy to drink (not much flavour but not too fizzy either). It doesn't taste like a strong lager to me.

I enjoy trying many different beers and I find that some of the less expensive ones are pretty good (Cheers Riceberry is one example). There is nothing nasty about the taste of Tapper beer, but also nothing that makes me want to buy more.

Comparing it to lagers in the same price/strength range - To my taste, Cheers X-tra is a much tastier drink (also a few baht cheaper).

Of course, we all have our different tastes and opinions - this is just mine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ricklev said:

I guess you can buy Snowy Weizen up there but not down here?

Yes ricklev , a quiet town between C/Rai and the border at Maesai yet they have an amazing off licence , fridge is full of foreign beers and a couple of racks of expensive imported wines. I asked at Xmas if they had Port , she looked on her computer and said ' Can't get '  . Oh yesterday when buying the wheat beer there was a box on the shelf of  Indian Goosberry , I asked what it was and hubby said ' Indian laokao  maybe.'

Oh a bottle of Fullers London Pride is about 90B.

• Like 1