Getting ready for my Thailand escapade.

oxedine1980

Could you perhaps tell us where in Thailand you will be visiting, how long you will be staying and who is organising your tour, maybe then we could be of more assistance in advising you of where best to go - see - do, it doesn't need to be a lengthy post just the basics to give us a feel of what your expectations should/could be :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i think you should be careful with the sun, its really strong

and too much exposure can mess up your stay,

use lotsa cream especially if you have to stay out early day.

secondly negotiate any price before buying and be sure its agreed upon,

even small things like a taxi ride, enjoy your stay,

i'm jealous, nothing like the first couple of weeks in thailand

oh, and change into small baht bills in stores like

big C & 7/11, just buy a lighter or something

to split those 1000 baht bills

Edited by poanoi

9 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

My advice is to stay away from TV forum. Delete your account it will do your head in as you can see by the very first 2 replys and it goes down hill from there
Just come on down and play it by ear, you will have a great time

Reading some of the posts in this thread reminds me that April Fool's Day is fast approaching ... or maybe it's arrived already.

• Haha 1

Don’t even think about going to T’land unless you have good international health care insurance. Contact “BUPA International” in the UK, “Cigna” or other reputable international health care provider. I’ve lived in T’land for the past 21 years and have seen many lives ruined due to stupid accidents.

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Don't forget your family size six pack of condoms, have enough 100 THB notes as taxis and restaurants always like to pretend not to have enough change, if you can, change your cash at Suvarnabhimi Airport, but on the B level where the city link train is, the Value Plus booth, best rate around, remember to have a safe in your room if you bring any female therapists back for the night, intensly use the BANGKOK BTS as it is worth the ride, have good desinfectant soap to wash up after getting your willy serviced, be sure the gal is not actually going to suprise you once nude with his/her unexpected spare parts dingling down, never kiss on the mouth as one never knows,:ph34r: don't say nasty stuff against the locals or the Royals as it will end you up in jail, enjoy Nana Plaza or the Thermae Café  (at Raumchit Hotel) on Sukhumvit Road, (BTS Nana Station) in Bangkok full of freelance hookers but who are real hotties,:passifier: always insist on the taxi to turn ON the meter before you get in or better use UBER in Bangkok, go to Khaosan Road "The Club" in BKK if you want to bang bang free either a teenager tourist or a teen thai college students (of legal age)  that are out there to party and to end up with some hot wacka-wacka,:goof: if you are too lazy to play the club game, head straight to Insanity Club, soi 11 on Sukhumvit (the ride to the club should be free as the taxi get's a commission, but check)....the club is say 80% freelance hookers, but you will have fun if you like clubbing and the girls will flirt with you,:intheclub: no matter what you want, :giggle:don't drink the water from the tap if you are not used to it, buy mosquito repellent before going on the islands from a chemist or a 7/11 store, don't buy anything from Suvarnabhumi airport cheats as even cigarettes are cheaper in town, avoid the indian tailors who tout in front, if you want suits, use a tailor that does not tout, have enough cash in case customs challenge you, don't forget Soi Binthabat and mainly soi PoonSuk  are if in Hua Hin and need extra willy-willy servicing again...and just smile, be polite, don't get impatient or rude like some on these forums...and have the blast of your life pal....enjoy your stay ! :welcomeani:

Good advice if you intend your stay to revolve around nothing more than getting laid, apart from...

"...if you are too lazy to play the club game, head straight to Insanity Club, soi 11 on Sukhumvit (the ride to the club should be free as the taxi get's a commission, but check)"

No way. You may not have to pay the taxi but that taxi will not be free!  It will be expensive because the clubs that pay commission to the taxi drivers generally add the commission to the customer's bill.

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No way. You may not have to pay the taxi but that taxi will not be free!  It will be expensive because the clubs that pay commission to the taxi drivers generally add the commission to the customer's bill.

I don't know how it is today, but a few years back you always payed 300THB entry to the club, didn't matter if you came with a taxi or walked.

If a Taxi took you there the taxi got 200THB commission.

"Expert" strategy: Take a taxi right in front of the club and share the commission with him.

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Could you perhaps tell us where in Thailand you will be visiting, how long you will be staying and who is organising your tour, maybe then we could be of more assistance in advising you of where best to go - see - do, it doesn't need to be a lengthy post just the basics to give us a feel of what your expectations should/could be :thumbsup:

:sleep:  :sleepy:

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

One or two weeks ago another new poster opened a thread like this with the same opening post (or nearly the same), this is just trolling.

My thoughts exactly.   Either that or the OP is an excitable schoolboy who is dreaming of his first visit to a sweet shop a few years before.

If and when you find the ecstasy you are expecting over here, would you please be kind enough to inform us all of its location, since  many of us who have lived here for many years are still searching for it.   Better than back home of course but ecstasy is a superlative too far.  Nevertheless, if the OP is genuine, I wish him all the very best on his trip, once he has made absolutely sure that he has travel insurance. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oxedine1980 said:

Now, I need some suggestion on the possible activities I can enjoy in the country, aside from strolling in the beaches, specifically in Bangkok. Thanks for your responses!

Apart from enjoying the atmosphere of the stunning "City og Angels", don't forget to visit Grand Palace and Wat Po; and a long tail boat tour on the river and through some of the klongs (canals) could also be a great experience to remin one, why Bangkok in old time was called Venice of the East. A day trip to Ayutthaya, if you're interested in history and ruins, can be recommended, eventually by train (believe there are some arranged excursions available, including guided tour to the historical park).

If you're into nightlife there are some places of interest in the Sukhumvit street area – you can get there by skytrain or underground – one is called "Soi Cowboy" around soi 21 (soi = side street) intersection, another is called "Nana Entertainment Plaza" on soi 4; and there's also the night market and older "red light" area Patpong by Silom Road, Sala Daeng sky-train station.

:smile:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

One or two weeks ago another new poster opened a thread like this with the same opening post (or nearly the same), this is just trolling.

Good eye. I remember the 'beaches in Bangkok' phrase.  The OP fancies swimming in a klong?