Honda air blade problem

ryanhull

Hi all, I was driving my 2006 Honda air blade scooter today, I was just powering up a bit to over take and shortly after I lost all power despite the engine being able to start and rev up just no power at all, also I smelt some kind of slight burning smell possibly rubber, I have been told online by a friend likely to be the drive belt? Just wondering a few things if you wouldn’t mind sparing a moment, how long would it take roughly to fix, plus an idea on a price I should expect? I plan on taking it to my local grease mechanic, honest enough guy just as it’s not drivable and currently sat outside 711 be good to know if it’s a leave your bike over night job and roughly how much is should be, thanks all

Cheers papa, one mate said 200 one said 1500 and have to do all fluids too? Bikes worth hardly anything with it being old now you see, good to know it won’t take long and I won’t have to mess about with taxis, guesstimate on price papa? Cheers for the reply

Hi all, I was driving my 2006 Honda air blade scooter today, I was just powering up a bit to over take and shortly after I lost all power despite the engine being able to start and rev up just no power at all, also I smelt some kind of slight burning smell possibly rubber, I have been told online by a friend likely to be the drive belt? Just wondering a few things if you wouldn’t mind sparing a moment, how long would it take roughly to fix, plus an idea on a price I should expect? I plan on taking it to my local grease mechanic, honest enough guy just as it’s not drivable and currently sat outside 711 be good to know if it’s a leave your bike over night job and roughly how much is should be, thanks all

Same happened to me last week on a mates pcx. Same symptoms too.

Luckily found a good roadside garage with plenty of parts/supplies. New oil/plug/belt. 3/4 hour, job done = 800b.(inc 4K tow/push to shop).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ryanhull said:

I lost all power despite the engine being able to start and rev up just no power at all,

Not really an accurate description. Power you still had. "Drive" you did not. OK you got there in the end but had it been a bit more obscure maybe not without an accurate description of the symptoms.

Just sayin...

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

For changing the drive belt of a PCX i payed about 500THB at a Honda shop, at some roadside garage it should obviously be a bit cheaper than that.

Sound about right then, as I paid + 300b on Top for oil/plug & tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all ended up costing 1650 apparently a lot of the bolts had play and lost teeth, he did show me the inside and it did look a mess, could have done a patch up job for 500 or a full fix up with fluid and oil change for 1650

• Like 2

Cheers all, before I noticed a slight jitter just as your pulling off before the power kicks in, now that’s gone and it’s very smooth at walking speeds, he showed me the play in some of the metal cogs he had taken out I assume aside from the belt that has something to do with it, all broken English as I am still learning but sooner go to the local places, plus I don’t know my bikes too well, thanks again all

• Like 2