Scavenger killed in suspected hit-and-run case

rooster59

Scavenger killed in suspected hit-and-run case

By The Nation

A man riding his tricycle cart loaded with garbage for recycling was killed in a suspected hit and run accident in Pathum Thani province late on Friday night.

Police said the body of Wichai Sae-lor, 54, and his damaged tricycle were spotted on ring road in Tambon Bang Toey, Sam Khok district, at 11pm.

The garbage he had collected was scattered on the road.

There were no witnesses to the accident. Police have yet to check footage from security cameras nearby to find the vehicle that hit him.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342690

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-07

12 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Yes a very thoughtless description, sort of puts them on par with rats and other scavenging pests, when in fact they are doing something virtually unheard of in Thailand, that is re-cycling, not that they would be thinking of environment or Thailand, but neverless should be encouraged not looked down on, and described as scavengers!   

Maybe if  some of the millions being stolen by 'officials' had reached him he might not have had to be a 'scavenger'

• Like 1

is thai society getting worse now than its ever been,is there not a thai culture anymore,nobody care's as long as they can rob,kill.rape and smile while its carried out.is it only us foreigner's that see this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Yes a very thoughtless description, sort of puts them on par with rats and other scavenging pests, when in fact they are doing something virtually unheard of in Thailand, that is re-cycling, not that they would be thinking of environment or Thailand, but neverless should be encouraged not looked down on, and described as scavengers!   

Since when has recycling been virtually unheard of in Thailand?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...a young man on yaba or mao"

Where did it say that was who was responsible?

The guy who made the comments is probably an old expat.. could just as easily been an old guy (who should not drive because of reaction speed eye sight) who ran this guy over (so easy to turn things around).. we just don't know but the poster is showing his bias. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Our garbage truck guys check everything before it goes in the truck...they pick all the good stuff out and keep it on the roof of the truck....they also pick the cardboard and bottles/cans out to sell i guess.

I think they deserve that for doing their job so i don't like it when i see other people take away the valuable stuff and leave a mess in front of my house...the gardeners also liked to open everything but that's over now, guess people complaint about it...

I also found my garbage in the next street here, they took it but dumped it again.

So the tricycle guys don't get anything from me. Also i don't like it when they drive 30 on a road where everyone drives 80, it's dangerous and i wonder if they have any insurance.

On 4/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, maxcorrigan said:

So what PC description do you suggest for someone who roams and collects discarded items?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I said probably and stop comment my post all the time you just what be opposite of me find a life 

No you didn't Henrik, put on your bifocals.  And if there's no respect for life here then live yours somewhere else.

• Like 1

"There were no witnesses to the accident. Police have yet to check footage from security cameras nearby to find the vehicle that hit him".

If they can be bothered and it looks like the car of a hiso then they might go after a dollar or two. If not then they wont. 

The joy of being broke and living in Thailand is you really don't matter.

11 hours ago, YTP said:

No you didn't Henrik, put on your bifocals.  And if there's no respect for life here then live yours somewhere else.

There is no respect for life in traffic that's why so meny die and yes I write properly in my first post 

Post no. 4

Edited by Henrik Andersen
Forgot a word

20 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I said probably and stop comment my post all the time you just what be opposite of me find a life 

So why was it your view that it must have "probably" been the sort of person that you describe?

This is a public forum so a couple of points: if you don't want your posts commented on, on a public forum, don't post them and, secondly, until you're a mod you don't get to tell anyone what they can or cannot comment on.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So why was it your view that it must have "probably" been the sort of person that you describe?

This is a public forum so a couple of points: if you don't want your posts commented on, on a public forum, don't post them and, secondly, until you're a mod you don't get to tell anyone what they can or cannot comment on.

Yes boss....... 

Everything you say ??

But why you want comment my post do you  really don't have anything to do in Thailand there are alot to do here or are beerbars not open yet 

• Sad 1