Police ask CSD to take action against a tailor’s shop for alleged cheating

webfact

Police ask CSD to take action against a tailor’s shop for alleged cheating

By Thai PBS

police.jpg

A police officer has lodged a complaint with the Crime Suppression Division against a tailor’s shop, accusing it of cheating him and some 6,000 police officers of about 5 million baht worth of police uniforms they have ordered to be made.

Pol Maj Wutthipong Tangmahakitsiri, an inspector attached to the Police Welfare Division, said a former classmate who has a tailor’s shop inside an army camp in Kanchanaburi had offered to make police uniforms at affordable price so he persuaded his colleagues and the others to place orders with the shop.

Some 6,000 policemen placed the orders and each of them paid 1,500 baht as advance payments for a set of uniforms.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-ask-csd-take-action-tailors-shop-alleged-cheating/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-12

Depending on how many people work in this tailor business it can take a very long time to make 6000 uniforms. However the quality is appearently bad.
I guess the tailor took on a bigger bite than he could chew.

What is the most disgusting thing, is that the police officers must pay out of their own pocket for their uniforms.

• Like 1

You'd think that by now those spandex like uniforms would have

been mass produced by some large outlet approved by the police

dept. but No, so when the police is not immuned from cheating and 

by a friend and a colleague who are we to complain when we get

cheated?... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Depending on how many people work in this tailor business it can take a very long time to make 6000 uniforms. However the quality is appearently bad.

What is the most disgusting thing, is that the police officers must pay out of their own pocket for their uniforms.

i was reading about some of the US tax policies the other day and I am sure, well from what i read, that US coppers also have to pay for their own uniforms. suppose it may depend state by state, but it looked as though they did

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i was reading about some of the US tax policies the other day and I am sure, well from what i read, that US coppers also have to pay for their own uniforms. suppose it may depend state by state, but it looked as though they did

Ok, thanks. Didn´t know that. Really surprised to hear. :smile:

1 hour ago, JOC said:

No wonder they got cheated.....they are clearly not very smart

5.000.000 divided by 6000 uniforms = 833 baht

And they paid 1500 baht in advance...:coffee1:

They say 6,000 police officers, not uniforms. Maybe some thought the deal was so good that they ordered 2 uniforms each.

• Thanks 1

So the Police have been cheated,but don't have the confidence,

to handle the problem themselves,but ask for the help of the CSD.

I hope they had some form of contract that stated deposit made,

and time frame for completion of the order,and compensation if

not ready on time, but doubt it somehow,

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So the Police have been cheated,but don't have the confidence,

to handle the problem themselves,but ask for the help of the CSD.

I hope they had some form of contract that stated deposit made,

and time frame for completion of the order,and compensation if

not ready on time, but doubt it somehow,

regards worgeordie

they'll be a french farang in porsche outside those barracks pronto

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

As can any wannabe extortionist.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Agree with JOC - an 833.33 uniform for 1500 is too good a bargain for stupid police to miss out on.

You have to wonder what they expect for 833 baht......or US$27. Trousers and shirt made by the Saville Row tailors of Thailand.

I wonder if the price includes police fashion accessories such as medals, sewn-on insignias and assorted  paraphernalia like lanyards.

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Never mind, they will soon get the money back on speeding fines, illegal parking, no safety helmets, no seatbelts, at the expense of tourists, expats and Thais alike.

Do you really expect us to feel sympathy for them?

• Sad 1

"a former classmate who has a tailor’s shop inside an army camp in Kanchanaburi"

Police complain about their orders with a business that probably only exists inside an army camp because of illicit military "connections." Where else could a tailor get 6,000 orders from  government employees without going through a transparent bidding process or vetting by authorities to assure value and delivery according prescribed specifications? 

For that matter those military connections are likely complicit in any commissions to direct business to the in-camp tailor versus off-camp tailors. It's not like tailoring police uniforms in Thailand is a highly unique product.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They say 6,000 police officers, not uniforms. Maybe some thought the deal was so good that they ordered 2 uniforms each.

So.... even worse.... right?

8000 uniforms is 625 baht each

that said, to be fair, the OP does state that the offer was for cheaper uniforms.... mission accomplished (once all are delivered), ergo the tailor should now be contemplating who to lay defamation charges against.... ???.... ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cadbury said:

You have to wonder what they expect for 833 baht......or US$27. Trousers and shirt made by the Saville Row tailors of Thailand.

I wonder if the price includes police fashion accessories such as medals, sewn-on insignias and assorted  paraphernalia like lanyards.

And the trousers are always too tight around the crotch.