Woman seen being beaten on Facebook Live rescued in Bangkok

webfact

Woman seen being beaten on Facebook Live rescued

By The Nation

75a85a51701fe137b986622407ddff1b-sld.jpe

Police rescued a woman, seen being beaten brutally in a Facebook Live broadcast, from a condo in Bangkok on Sunday night.

The broadcast was done through the Facebook account of a man who has portrayed himself as an investment guru. 

Due to Facebook Live, many Facebook users saw the incident and called for help. 

Based on the door of the room, one of the viewers was able to provide police clues about the location of the incident. 

It took police more than two hours to persuade the alleged attacker to open the door. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343716

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-23

Man arrested after Facebook livestreaming torture of his girlfriend

By Thai PBS

livestream.jpg

A man who broadcast live on Facebook the scenes he tortured and threatened to kill his girlfriend was arrested by the police.

The woman whose identity was not known was held captive in a room of a condominium in Nawamin area by her boyfriend who allegedly assaulted her and threatened to cut her fingers as he livestreamed the acts in the social media at about 6pm Sunday (April 22).

The livestreaming prompted a team of Bung Kum police and rescue workers to be rushed to the condominium, but they found the room locked from inside.  They did not break open the door to get in for fear that the victim might get killed.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-arrested-facebook-livestreaming-torture-girlfriend/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-23

Man arrested for beating up girlfriend in Facebook Live broadcast

By The Nation

5bb6bd6b94012f96155c71024b051fa1.png

A man has been arrested after assaulting and humiliating his girlfriend and broadcasting the attack on Facebook Live.

During the attack, the man was seen using a broomstick to hit his girlfriend in the face and body several times.

e48a193b1423fdc332825bb46f95382d.png

He also forced her to slap her own face and to keep apologising to him while addressing him by his nickname.

Officers went to a condominium in Bangkok's Nawamin area at 7pm on Sunday after being told about the incident and when they arrived, they found Chaichiana Sirichart, 26, who appeared high on meth use, said Pol Gen Weerachai Songmetta, deputy police commissioner general.

When police arrived, Chaichana allowed only one officer to go into the room to talk, whereupon he released the woman. He was finally arrested about two hours of negotiations.

dd7e149b83eb28652b05d7b827f0141f.png

Weerachai said Chaichana admitted to having used drugs and attacked his girlfriend out of jealousy.

9de490d8c41e8724333a5d546ee077be.png

Chaichana was charged with assault, causing physical and mental harm, detaining another person against their will and violating the computer crime act.

Weerachai is urging the public to call 191 or use Police I Lert U app to immediately report such incidents immediately they come across them so police can act speedily to rescue the victims.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30343744

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-23

37 minutes ago, antoniuni said:

"It took police more than two hours to persuade the alleged attacker to open the door. :shock1:

Yes, the girl survived. Nobody can say what might have happened had the police broken down the door and rushed the perp, but would you take the chance on his victim's life with him high on meth?

Good on the boys in brown, I say - and a good result.

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert

36 minutes ago, antoniuni said:

"It took police more than two hours to persuade the alleged attacker to open the door. :shock1:

LOL my uncle was D Victoria police ST KILDA.. Strapping beast 97kg trained 2 hours a day. That door would have smashed down and that dirty Thai would have been necked FD..Anorher Thai soon to be released back into the circus. What a weak dog.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WHYWHY said:

Understandable taking time when drugs involved.

Was well excited I think to save women from more harm

People using drugs or alcohol can be very unprodictable 

What a lot of crap.The longer you wait the more time the dog has to.prepare..We removed doors in under 7 seconds. Room secured not long after. A spastic like that goes into shock. If we lucky we can shoot him there :)

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watched a thai soap with the wife last night...explicitly in slow motion showing the beat down of 2 thai woman as he punched and slapped them to the floor..,then the hero stormed in to save the day....absolutely primitive ...

I bet you cant get enough of those Thai Soaps, you and your Mrs. curled up on the Sofa with a Family sized bag of Crisps.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Media1 said:

LOL my uncle was D Victoria police ST KILDA.. Strapping beast 97kg trained 2 hours a day. That door would have smashed down and that dirty Thai would have been necked FD..Anorher Thai soon to be released back into the circus. What a weak dog.

OMG!... not D Victoria police ST KILDA???!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Formaleins said:

They say video game violence now does not affect children, however, given the limited mental capacity of the locals, and the bitch slap violence of almost every Thai soap opera, it makes you wonder.

How anyone can sit through these pathetic TV shows is beyond me in the first place. My wife watches them and I just have to leave the room .

I often find chewing on broken glass to be preferable.

Personally I just cannot believe that watching violence, poor treatment of women, etc., etc., on TV or in the movies no has effect on viewers behavior. Kid and adults copy many many things in real life (that's how they learn many things in life), kids and many adults can't separate human activity they see in HD in everyday background  situations from real life.

My Thai adult son will not allow his wife and daughters to watch these shows, they are totally banned.

Son has had some serious arguments with his wife's mother and wife's elder sister, when they come to the house they change the channel and sit there watching the soaps with son's three young daughters also watching and cringing at some of the actio.

They tried to insist my son cannot tell them what to watch.

My son soon found the answer - change the channel to an animal / wildlife program or cartoons and hide the remote (and the remotes to 2 other TVs in the house).

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

I watched a thai soap with the wife last night...explicitly in slow motion showing the beat down of 2 thai woman as he punched and slapped them to the floor..,then the hero stormed in to save the day....absolutely primitive ...

They sure love their lakorrrrrrnnnnnn 

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Even worse about three nights back a Thai soapie showing a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, beautifully dressed and groomed, being continuously beaten across her legs with a cane.

You can't see the cane hit her legs but the production is done so that it looks very real and the little girl crying and looking very frightened.  

I had always thought physical and emotional violence to kids in movies / soapies was totally off limits, seems not for Thai soapies. And of course shown on TV at a time when plenty of kids might be watching.

If there are not regulations to totally ban this scenario why not?

The producer and the director and the actors should be punished with jail and public shaming and all of them banned from any further soapie production.  In fact I would ban all Thai soapies containing simulated violence, emotional violence, rape etc. 

Thai movies show a lot of guns and violence beatings etc it's no wonder it is carried onto the streets as a norm for Thais.

An American pundit , Bill Maher, does a skit called " I don't know it for a fact , but I just know it's true". 

I don't know for a fact if Thai Soaps (Lakorn) influence people's actions but I believe it's true. This recent wife/girlfriend beating is a case in point. 

A few years ago Thai Censorship on TV was such that smokers had their cigarette blurred out. Likewise guns turned into some out of focus & blurred  finger pointing. Now - the violence is ultra realistic and all too frequent. Does it influence ALL viewers to commit violent acts ? Of course not , but I suspect SOME folks take it all to heart and feel compelled or validated in copying this behavior.

About 10 years ago there was an interview in the paper with a writer for Thai Soap Operas (Lakorn) . He told of a scene he wrote where  the heroine walks into the room holding a book. The director changed the "prop" book to a phone - in case we start to think she was too intellectual to match the character she was playing. 

In the same interview,  the script writer was told to be sure and time the dialogue for each scene so that - just before a commercial break - there was a "bitch slap" . 

You get the point - our standards and social-ethical values are going down the toilet. And the behavior of common citizens is matching that decay.

Does Art Imitate Life or Vice Versa ?  

• Like 1