Video: Not again! Pick-up refuses to let ambulance pass - victim dies of drowning as a result

snoop1130

This is what Thais so proudly proclaim to be THAINESS, endorsed by the current Government 100%, maybe the PM should be in the dock for allowing this outdated and truly xenophobic attitude to carry on, it is costing lives and eventually will filter down to general life here everywhere. Their attitude and lack of logic is mind numbing , everyday we hear of idiotic occurrences that normal thinking people would know how to avoid, yet here they march right on ignoring safety for the sake of Face saving and Thainess. Good luck with becoming a modern country .  

14 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Thais will. Never learn. Thailand is Lawless. Until Thai people obey Thai law  nothing will change.

Also if the so called medics where probly trained  they could have resusitated the person with just better training.Nobody needs to die from drowning if caught quickly enough.

You will never change them they are brain dead. Education is a yes but you don't need education, just common sense is enough something Thais do not have....

15 hours ago, shady86 said:

Don't need to waste money to run campaign. People here don't give a damn on the road.

Asia is too big and too old to be brought into the 21st century! These people should not be handed the capability to drive like maniacs in cars far too big for them to control properly.

Most Thais are poorly educated and not over-intelligent. It's a shame but it's a fact.

In the case of a drowning it is hard to imagine that the victim was not already dead by the time the ambulance was dispatched. If there was nothing done to resuscitate the victim at the scene then there is nothing the ambulance could have done upon arrival. Even if the victim died after resuscitation, then it is likely that the victim was already too far gone.

This however makes no difference to the actions of the pickup driver. He had no way to know what was going on in the ambulance, and they have indeed been in a situation with no seconds to spare. 

13 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Thailand is a developing country. The culture Thais immerse themselves in from birth is toxic in so many ways, OK for the stone age or the Serengetti perhaps but not OK at all for the 21st Century on the fringes of the civilised world.

Whilst it is understandable, interfering in their lives by trying to apply developed-world cultures to them is a recipe for disappointment and it'll confuse the living Bejasus out of them anyway. Personally I think the approach of naturalists when studying animals in the wild is the right one for developing peoples as well - don't interfere, even to save a life that the natural course of events has decided should end.

I know it's painful, disappointing and unnecessary, but in my opinion, to allow their culture to adapt to modern living or die out - either way, under their own steam - is probably the only realistic approach to take. Thais do not want our advice or the benefit of our experience, they only want our money and I for one have decided they've had more than their share of that so they'll have to look elsewhere.

Thrive or die out, it's their decision, I'm happy to let them make it, to remain a detached onlooker and to learn, even in my dotage, from watching the behaviour of a nation in the middle stages of euthanasing itself. Might be wrong but I don't think there is anything we can do to help them and I stopped trying more or less as soon as I came to that conclusion. Allow them to work through the natural consequences of being a failing society, they'll work it out. Or not.

Sorry not to be more positive but I have learned the hard way to watch stupidity and the consequences of stupidity with alacrity. At least that way I can avoid doing some of the truly bizarre things they do.

Thats Total Bolox !

• Like 2

Hmmm, Thai traffic law video that I was required to view when renewing my license said that a driver is to allow emergency vehicles to pass. The camera clearly shows the vehicle and license. The driver shold be fined and receive “points” against removal of the privledge to hold a Driver’s License. IMHO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Only problem is finding someone to stop them and extract the cash from them. Therein lies yet another problem

The problem is the vast majority dont and never will have the Cash to pay the Fine in the first place, paying it off at 25 Baht Week, pay one week and not the next, the authorities dont have the resources or the will to chase them and the Thais know this.

Quite inexcusable, but I have seen this happen so many times before!  Ambulance crews should also be better trained in basic First Aid measures!  As for an Air Ambulance Service.  Now you are talking !  We have a Helipad at our

Sanctuary in Khaoyai, which will be very close to the new giant Service Station being built on the new BKK - Udon

Expressway !

15 hours ago, leeneeds said:

The  dip shit driver should have moved, but think 

also the skill of the ambulance driver is in question when  not confident to use his

speed to pass on the left, when you get meatheads like this who will not move,

IT  is illegal to undertake in this country.....but no one takes any notice.

In this case ambulance driver had enough room to undertake.....also I think emergency vehicles are allowed to disregard the law.....this to save peoples lives 

If it was a Thai driver... I ask how many have a licence? If they hold a valid licence what was instructed when such licence was sat for? Maybe they need to show this video to all new licence holders. As well as enforcing many other road rules. I mean it’s not rocket science 

Just now, maccastime said:

If it was a Thai driver... I ask how many have a licence? If they hold a valid licence what was instructed when such licence was sat for? Maybe they need to show this video to all new licence holders. As well as enforcing many other road rules. I mean it’s not rocket science 

he probably bought the licence !!! and therefore knows nothing regarding laws of the road. Oh this applies to all thais I just remembered !!

• Haha 1

Charge this disgusting vermin with manslaughter. Time to get tough with this type of cretin. Charges of manslaughter and penalties of 100,000+ baht should make them more inclined not to kill other people because pride or whatever stupid reasons they might have.

16 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Thais will. Never learn. Thailand is Lawless. Until Thai people obey Thai law  nothing will change.

Also if the so called medics where probly trained  they could have resusitated the person with just better training.Nobody needs to die from drowning if caught quickly enough.

Have to be a damn good medic to revive a corpse.

40 minutes ago, essox essox said:

he probably bought the licence !!! and therefore knows nothing regarding laws of the road. Oh this applies to all thais I just remembered !!

This is not so true.

They do know the laws and they know exactly what they are doing is wrong on the roads.

But there is know one to enforce the laws. so know one cares.

Well done the police,  this is your legacy,  for no action for years and years

against idiots on the road, lazy police of Thailand.  :bah::bah::bah:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Also if the so called medics where probly trained  they could have resusitated the person with just better training.Nobody needs to die from drowning if caught quickly enough."

And here is the reason the victim died............

The member of the public had decided to take the victim in his own transport and meet the ambulance at an agreed spot. But due to the delayed ambulance the meeting was not kept - and the victim died before the ambulance could get to there to give help.

No blame to the ambulance crew, medics, they never even got close to the victim.....until they were dead.

Beat me to it! I am constantly "amazed" on TV when people do not bother to read the post properly before making their comments - just laziness really, jumping to conclusions because they can't be bothered to read the full article, or is it just that just want to have something (Thai) to criticise all the time?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

there was no outrage, just laughter at the inane bs you put

Riiight. Here's a word to the wise. If you disagree with something someone says, give a reason or state what is wrong. Abuse and sweeping generalisations which mean nothing at all are a waste of your energy and shows everyone who you are and what you're worth.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Thats Total Bolox !

So you say. Why is it total bolox? What did I say which is wrong as opposed to what I said that you didn't happen to like?

Apart from that friend, I'm immune to abuse, it affects me not at all. Feel free to mouth off as much as you like, you're not the only one here who does that, nor even the most senior.

• Like 1